Hacking Official Gateway 3DS Brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell us the EXACT steps you did? So far all we got was that you "did everything right" and it just bricked.

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Okay. Here is my cool story.

I have uploaded Blue card files on MicroSD. Inserted this card into the Blue Card. Installed the exploit.
After, I uploaded Launcher on another microsd card. Inserted it in SD adapter, and after all, put it in SD card slot.
After all, I have pressed L, and pressed DS profile. Gateway menu opened. I started diagnostics(with Red card in slot).
Before, I always had SD card test fail, but now, I had OK. I was so happy. I booted into the GW mode, console rebooted and showed me bluescreen.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry man, but the way you word your posts makes me laugh!

"Here is my cool story." lol

Sounds like you did everything right.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm going to guess and say you didn't do it right.

That or the cards malfunctioned which caused the brick which means this claim can't be used to prove the Gateway brick code actually bricks Gateway users.
A malfunctioning cart does not cause a brick... If that was the case I would be in danger with any malfuctioning legit game cart as well.

The fact remains that he is a legit Gateway user and his console got bricked. A simple user mistake shouldn't lead to a brick, their product is instable and highly unreliable.

Reactions: Cortador and wiewcw

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A simple user mistake shouldn't lead to a brick

wut? A simple user mistake would be taking a memory card out a PS2 while it is saving data. Installing hacks on a system is not a "simple user mistake." You are putting in very specific code that is not designed or endorsed by Nintendo and should have no room for mistakes.

benzs129

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Here is my cool story.

I have uploaded Blue card files on MicroSD. Inserted this card into the Blue Card. Installed the exploit.
After, I uploaded Launcher on another microsd card. Inserted it in SD adapter, and after all, put it in SD card slot.
After all, I have pressed L, and pressed DS profile. Gateway menu opened. I started diagnostics(with Red card in slot).
Before, I always had SD card test fail, but now, I had OK. I was so happy. I booted into the GW mode, console rebooted and showed me bluescreen.

Can you please be more detail on your post?~ I know that you not emotionally stable right now.
And I thought that you boot in to GW mode then go to setting and then hold L to boot in gate way classic mode. Then BSOD occured.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wut? A simple user mistake would be taking a memory card out a PS2 while it is saving data. Installing hacks on a system is not a "simple user mistake." You are putting in very specific code that is not designed or endorsed by Nintendo and should have no room for mistakes.
You're right. I guess I am so used to see people hacking consoles that it seems like a normal procedure to me. xD

Reactions: lonesome_killer

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can you please be more detail on your post?~ I know that you not emotionally stable right now.
And I thought that you boot in to GW mode then go to setting and then hold L to boot in gate way classic mode. Then BSOD occured.

What do you need exactly?

benzs129

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know how you brick it. Can you post it like a tutorial>>> for example
Step1:>>>>>>
Step2:>>>>>
it would be really helpful, so others won't brick their system.

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
>>STEP1 I have uploaded Blue card files on MicroSD. Inserted this card into the Blue Card. Installed the exploit, rebooted console.
>>STEP2 After, I uploaded Launcher on another microsd card. Inserted it in SD adapter, and after all, put it in SD card slot.
>>STEP3 After all, while I was pressing L, I pressed DS profile. Gateway menu opened. I started diagnostics(with Red card in slot and game rom in it).
>>STEP4 Before, I always had SD card test fail, but now, I had OK. I was so happy. I booted into the GW mode, console rebooted and showed me bluescreen.

GW is good device, may be, but now it's unstable. I understand them, they want to defense their product of hard working by brick code. But they were mistaken.

I only wanted to play fcking Animal Crossing, waited for updates. And what now? Yesterday, I have lost my money from my pocket. Found 20 roubles on street to get to EMS office to take my parcel. There was -32*C on street, I was going to the other end of my city for this piece of crap called GATEWAY. After 3 hours, I came home. Installed everything, Red card didn't work. Waited for today, nothing changed. Installed 2.0b2. I only wanted to see game icon in menu, but it was late, I got BSOD.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A malfunctioning cart does not cause a brick... If that was the case I would be in danger with any malfuctioning legit game cart as well.

The fact remains that he is a legit Gateway user and his console got bricked. A simple user mistake shouldn't lead to a brick, their product is instable and highly unreliable.

I honestly thought this was painfully obvious. Obviously to you guys it isn't.

Malfunctioning GATEWAY cart. Load up the Gateway menu, cart isn't working properly(clone?), brick device.

You can't possibly compare a working and malfunctioning Gateway brick, just no. Don't even think like that.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I honestly thought this was painfully obvious. Obviously to you guys it isn't.

Malfunctioning GATEWAY cart. Load up the Gateway menu, cart isn't working properly(clone?), brick device.

You can't possibly compare a working and malfunctioning Gateway brick, just no. Don't even think like that.

You are implying that Gateway put a brick code that activates at the moment the launcher is booting and detects that the flashcard inserted is not the original Gateway flashcard. I thought you were trying to prove that there was no bricking code?

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My personal conclusion - Defective GW card causes bricking. I did everything right, but Red card didn't see any ROMs. Installed 1.2, 2.0b1 and finally 2.0b2 - epic win

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't need any more data.
The reason your 3DS bricked is because ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES can work bad if used with less than 5ºC or more than 35ºC.

Laughed as hell.

I used GW in my house, it was really warm. GW was in protective parcel(EMS style). Parcel was in backpack, there were 2 pockets with books and food, GW was between them. I was going by bus, It was not so cold.

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found 206 roubles on street to get to EMS office to take my parcel. There was -32*C on street, I was going to the other end of my city for this piece of crap called GATEWAY. After 3 hours, I came home.
LOL I am so sorry again, but I can just imagine some poor Russian teenager walking in 3 feet of snow across a city to get a flashcart so he can play all the 3DS games he wants, it's probably the only thing he owns, and his game system broke. Such a sad tale
crying-smiley-emoticon.jpeg

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
>>STEP1 I have uploaded Blue card files on MicroSD. Inserted this card into the Blue Card. Installed the exploit, rebooted console.
>>STEP2 After, I uploaded Launcher on another microsd card. Inserted it in SD adapter, and after all, put it in SD card slot.
>>STEP3 After all, while I was pressing L, I pressed DS profile. Gateway menu opened. I started diagnostics(with Red card in slot and game rom in it).
>>STEP4 Before, I always had SD card test fail, but now, I had OK. I was so happy. I booted into the GW mode, console rebooted and showed me bluescreen.

GW is good device, may be, but now it's unstable. I understand them, they want to defense their product of hard working by brick code. But they were mistaken.

I only wanted to play fcking Animal Crossing, waited for updates. And what now? Yesterday, I have lost my money from my pocket. Found 20 roubles on street to get to EMS office to take my parcel. There was -32*C on street, I was going to the other end of my city for this piece of crap called GATEWAY. After 3 hours, I came home. Installed everything, Red card didn't work. Waited for today, nothing changed. Installed 2.0b2. I only wanted to see game icon in menu, but it was late, I got BSOD.
i think you were mistaken here. If you really wanted to play acnl you just bought that game, cause no update fixe this yet

I understand that you are sad about your lost, but it was a well known risk. An to be honest, i dont like the fact that you are returming it to the store with a lie.

Bur for you i hopemit works out well, and you get a new one. keep us updated about it ;)

tip,: if you get anworking one, only use 1.2

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yep. But here is a detail - my friend helped me with money. I just wanted to make my hilarious story of stupid russian teenager walking around snow and bears.

Reactions: opal

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My personal conclusion - Defective GW card causes bricking. I did everything right, but Red card didn't see any ROMs. Installed 1.2, 2.0b1 and finally 2.0b2 - epic win
It could be also malfunctioning SD card... It seems the gatewat flashcart worked fine, since it could execute the brick code on your 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN