Odd Blue Screen

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be a little wordy, so i will try to keep it as brief as I can. I rebuild computers for an electronics recycling company. The basic jist being... Company A upgrades all of their systems in house. We go pick up their old units. I wipe the drives, test the hardware, rebuild, upgrade, and resell what I can. Some residential stuff, but mostly businesses. That said, I got in a Dell Studio XPS 435mt. i7 920 under the hood. I added 24 GB of memory, Windows 7 64 bit, and an ATI 6770. It's compact, and seems to make a good Warcraft machine. That said I am getting the oddest BSOD... If you play WoW, and only Wow... somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes in, it will BSOD. Computer restarts, and Viola... No more issues... runs for weeks without issue. Restart the computer at any point, and rinse repeat. All of the Hardware is testing out fine. 2 things I think it could be, but neither explains to me why the once, and done... The Machine does have a lowsy PSU.(430 Watt generic) And the video card is also wedged at the bottom of the case with almost no room to breath. Either seems bad, but like I said, no clue on why it would once and done... any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Make sure Minidumps on BSODs are enabled, then have it BSOD again and post the Minidump.

To enable them, right click My Computer and go to Properties, click Advanced System Settings on the left side, then Settings under Startup and Recovery, and in the drop down box under Write Debugging info choose small-memory dump.

And if it is enabled already, underneath that should be a path to where minidumps are stored. It could have been changed.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would say up your PSU with a quality brand one such as Corsair maybe a 550 / 600w one

Maybe see if you can add any extra fans to the machine too

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSU was swapped before the last crash for a 750 Watt... Could be the board, but seems to keep pointing at the video card... I can swap to an inferior Nvidia setup and its fine... Only happening with the 6770, and a 5750... Plopped my old 9800GT in, and it won't crash. >.<

Edit: I have seen a few posts on hardware forums about issues with the Catalyst Software, and Windows 7 64 Bit... I have the 6770 back in, and down to only the driver as far as ATI's software is concerned. Running WoW now... no immediate crash, and have had it running about 20 minutes... We'll see...

Edit 2: Yea, not 2 minutes later... crashola... Hmmm. Guess I will try the Nvida PoS for the time being unless someone has better input atm?

Edit 3: Minidump from the last crash if it helps.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9d3cdbt58gvxkub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1