O3DS XL will not turn on after top screen replacement

Hodoodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old 3ds xl will not boot after screen replacement. i have tried safemode, gm9, and luma starts and the only thing that happens is the charge indicator slightly flickers, but no sound or light on either screen or on indicator.
I am updating as a test things
Update 1
When i disconected everything exept top screen and wifi card i got it to flash the power on for about half a second, and then it stopped.

Last edited by Hodoodle,

Maxwellp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if any fuses are blown. Not sure of their names but it's a common issue. Also, I believe both screens need to be plugged in for it to start anyway.

Hodoodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if any fuses are blown. Not sure of their names but it's a common issue. Also, I believe both screens need to be plugged in for it to start anyway.
when both screens are plugged in the only thing that happens on power on is a flickering charge light, and both the fuses are fine, visually and electrically.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What does not apply, the old 3DS Xl has also such a ribbon cable.

Attachments

• j1GUpZaOyHZRnEhS.large.jpg
    j1GUpZaOyHZRnEhS.large.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 34

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can attest to this. Replaced the screen on my sons 2ds xl and after a while the system would not turn on. Turned out that the ribbon cable got damaged as I didn't seat/feed it properly and it tore. His 3rd screen has been working great though since I put that in aside from being not a quality replacement due to colour issues. Since he doesn't complain about it, I didn't bother with a 4th.

Reactions: Sypherone

Hodoodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after thinking about it, im probably just going to take it to a repair shop, seeing as i dont want to mess up another $25 screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??