Hardware o3DS Thread about Quality

madbullman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was just wondering if nintendo was going for cheaper alternatives in their 3DS systems. What is your opinion on this topic?

I got many Nintendo systems, one could call me a fanboy... Anyway the first system hardware to disappoint me is the o3DS. I got one since the early days of its release and I did not use it like a crazy stress tester but in the last days my Dpad seems to be tearing off (atleast the coating is ripping off from one side) and now also the analog rubber went off (guess from thumb heat). By the way I always took good care of my system.

Both parts seem to be of poor quality and its the first time I encountered things like this on a Nintendo system.Last time i repaired something from Nintendo was a couple of N64 Joysticks(Analogstick wear off, but this actually must happen because of the construction of it).

Do you think alike? Is the n3DS of better quality and durablity?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was just wondering if nintendo was going for cheaper alternatives in their 3DS systems. What is your opinion on this topic?

I got many Nintendo systems, one could call me a fanboy... Anyway the first system hardware to disappoint me is the o3DS. I got one since the early days of its release and I did not use it like a crazy stress tester but in the last days my Dpad seems to be tearing off (atleast the coating is ripping off from one side) and now also the analog rubber went off (guess from thumb heat). By the way I always took good care of my system.

Both parts seem to be of poor quality and its the first time I encountered things like this on a Nintendo system.Last time i repaired something from Nintendo was a couple of N64 Joysticks(Analogstick wear off, but this actually must happen because of the construction of it).

Do you think alike? Is the n3DS of better quality and durablity?
I can't exactly say much about durability (only got mine a month ago), but it sure is better quality. CPU and RAM were doubled, 3D is better now, there are some exclusive apps for it. The only drawback is that it doesn't come with a charger. You'll have to use your O3DS one or buy another one from Nintendo. Also, you don't need a device to use amiibos, as N3DS has built-in NFC support. And it can run any video in 3D if you use its browser, you have all the things that Circle Pad Pro added to your O3DS, it's slightly bigger, has cover plate compatibility, etc.

If you plan on installing a9lh+CFW, you better get a N3DS Super Mario 3D Land Edition. They're limited edition and they all come with 10.7. The only "drawback" (because most cover plates are made for normal N3DS) is that it's not XL.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

madbullman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for the tip! To be honest the only reason for me to upgrade would be the new 3DS only game Xenoblade but this is far from enough. I will probably buy a new one when they get cheaper and I have some spare money to spend(Anyway the Super Mario Edt. sound very tempting).

I am still curious about the the o3DS poor quality of the control elements but it seems like I am the only one here to experience such a thing. I going to contact Nintende without any hope for recompensation.

D

Deleted-379826

This is the exact same with me! My o3ds is so dirty, so much paint came off and all of my buttons hardly click! I do take good care of it too =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright