Hacking o3DS freezing and black screens

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you turn off all of the patches?

You can get to the menu by holding the R trigger while powering up the console.

Jillius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Holding R while booting on corbenik doesn't do anything. Also worth noting is that the backlight doesn't turn on with corbenik, but it does with Luma3DS.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding R while booting on corbenik doesn't do anything. Also worth noting is that the backlight doesn't turn on with corbenik, but it does with Luma3DS.
The corbenik GitHub page has all of the setup instructions. You will have to download a couple of files to get it working.

I am not saying that this will fix your console, it is just a troubleshooting step. If you are not able to boot your console using corbenik without any patches then it's safe to assume you have a hardware fault.

The only way to fix that is to send it to Nintendo for repair or replacement.

Jillius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, that was my bad. I added the firmware and other files to the SD card and the menu appeared without pressing R, although im really not sure what to do from here. Once i select "Boot Firmware", it appears 2 warnings that failed to load/patch TWL/AGB, even tho i downloaded and added them to the SD card and if i chainload the luma A9HL, it flashes a white screen for half a second and goes back to corbenik menu again. I made sure i disabled all the patches and tried it multiple times with different options selected from what i read on the github.

Any advice on the next step?

Edit: I was using the wrong A9HL on the chainload, switched to the Luma3DS one, and the Luma3DS config opened up for the first time (since i deleted the luma3ds folder), but still no progress, black screens, blue LED on.

Last edited by Jillius,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be chainloading Luma, corbenik is its own CFW.

Did you turn off all of the options in corbenik before trying to load your home menu?

Honestly I haven't really used corbenik that much. I will play around with it today during my lunch break (it's 0630 here now) and will try to send you better instructions.

Jillius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been reading and noticed that, i managed to run the firmware (the files weren't in the right folders), it boots but still black screens and blue LED...

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading and noticed that, i managed to run the firmware (the files weren't in the right folders), it boots but still black screens and blue LED...
Yeah, this sounds like a hardware fault. Not really fixable unless you really know what you are doing.

The most common fault is the wifi card. If you don't mind opening your console you could check to see if anything is loose or disconnected.

If you don't want to open it your only chance is sending it back to Nintendo. I'm sure if you search enough you can find a guide to help open your console.

Sorry man.

Reactions: Jillius

Jillius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, that's a shame. I'll see if i can open the 3ds and check the wifi card.

Thanks for all the help, i appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill