NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
using the right analog stick would be a far better option. Kodi does that and it works perfectly, and you have already assigned some great uses to the Dpad while the right analog stick is completely unused.
I never think about right analog, can be an option.

Reactions: FFTW

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is possible to speed up (a bit) NXMP. yes if cpu decoding part is 100% cpu it can't do anything but we can free up the gpu (that is not so stressed but used) using PBO.
I have to test it because i am not sure if the current opengl implementation on switch is complaint nor benefit from this.

Reactions: Maupiti and FFTW

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Dev Update:
Now is possible to return to file list during playback to select another file.
Volume UP/Down with rstick as suggested.
0.5.1 will come soon.....
I really hope you'll implement the remap function cause I prefer the dpad for volume control. Rstick is prone to drifting when aging.

Reactions: proconsule54

averne

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This feature is as useless as fun (in my opinion). since i dont have access to HW decoder ad so the GPU is nearly unused i want to stress it a bit with something....so why not have fun with shaders...... as far as i know the GPU of switch is pretty powerful for some basic shaders....
As i said are useless but fun and it doesn't impact the code (as they are external shaders files).
an example:

View attachment 284950

Stupid, useless, but fun.
They can become more usefull for audio playback (i am working on getting the audio sample back in some way) for have cool vis plugins.
This test is from a video (007).

and also they can be added by users!.
This can be done thanks to mpv that gives access to adding shaders. just adapt it a bit.

to see what shaders can do take a look at this https://www.shadertoy.com/

Enjoy my madness....:wacko:
Pedantic but the nvdec module is separate to the rest of the GPU, so you shouldn't notice perf changes on your shaders if you were using it

Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The main philosophy of NXMP will not change with playlist. it always can just click and play (very simple) but with dpad left button the checkboxes will apper to give ability to access playlist.
I want that NXMP will be simple but powerfull, anyone can use it, but if someone want to be deep on user exp he can.
Sorry for the micro release dealy but as always i want to deliver a super stable release (as stable as possible) and tests take more times as feature increase.

Your support (like ,comments and suggestions) are important for me to continue into this project.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Release:
https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/releases/tag/v0.5.1

- Fix for db not saved on hard exit the app
- ShaderMania useless but fun with shaders
- Custom Sub Font Size
- Show File selection during playback with - button
- Volume Up/Down with rstick

Report bugs/issues if found.
Enjoy!

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Q: What is ShaderMania?

A: ShaderMania is an useless but fun feature of NXMP, it uses the ability of MPV to load custom shader into the video output chain. I adapt some shaders from https://www.shadertoy.com/ to make shaders effects to the video. Some like grayscale may be usefull for someone others (like the sea shaders) is only for fun. Users can also make their custom shaders and place in mpv/shaders directory.

Reactions: FFTW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz