nx-hbloader updated to version 2.0.0, now has full access to RAM

31827450.png

Switchbrew has released a major update to nx-hbloader, a host process for loading NRO files for Switch homebrew applications. This new version makes some improvements such as now allowing for applications to run with the full amount of 3.2GB RAM, as opposed to the past, where it could only use ~400MB of RAM. Library applets are still usable, and older homebrew NRO files will still work, but they are limited to using 442MB of RAM max, this also counts when running it through the album app. Other changes were made, including making the program less prone to issues by disabling core3 access, and more. You can grab the .nsp at the GitHub for the project, and see the full changelog below.

• Now supports running as an application with access to the full ~3.2GB of RAM reserved for applications, while being backwards compatible with older NRO homebrew. Running as a library applet is still supported, although it only has access to 442MB of RAM.
  • Granted access to all FS permissions.
  • Granted user/host access to all services.
  • Granted access to debugging SVCs.
  • Disabled access to core3 in order to solve stability problems when using preemptively multithreaded threads & load balancing.
  • Added support for RandomSeed homebrew ABI key, which allows NRO homebrew to use the libnx randomGet* functions without always getting back the same results throughout a single session of nx-hbloader.
  • Custom NPDM built from source.
    • Default kernel caps application type set to applet (2). Atmosphère users aren't affected by this change, since its native support for nx-hbloader automatically sets the appropriate application type.
The provided binary is an ExeFS PFS0 .nsp, which can be placed at /atmosphere/hbl.nsp, or loaded through some other ExeFS replacement method.

:download: nx-hbloader 2.0.0 GitHub

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. aren't these hacks useless?, because Nintendo has strict security for Switch and downloading free games would simply result in ban, why would you even want to install cfw if you don't care much about downloading games for free

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Humm, will this good new change something for the people who now use an homebrewlauncher.nsp?
Because i read that the nsp installation already makes the homebrew take advantage of the 3 gb RAM.
Thank you anyway, strong steps in the good way!

@Vieela you can play right now heavy games like doom 3. Hope it will go beyond.

Last edited by Csmrcc,

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. aren't these hacks useless?, because Nintendo has strict security for Switch and downloading free games would simply result in ban, why would you even want to install cfw if you don't care much about downloading games for free
For dem emulators and homebrew games, mau dude

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't install the NSP, dopus and n1dus show an error, but I can install any other nsp just fine.
Any idea?

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
hbl.nsp is not an installable nsp, honestly I would suggest the hbloader devs to change it to hbl.pfs0 or something, because it just has the exefs content inside, not ncas like normal nsps do.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ikr, just few hours in dock mode and our throttled switch heats as a hot baked potato, i can't even imagine it if we could run HB at 100%...
I don't think it gets that hot, to me it just feels warm.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

exFat works under Nintendo software the way it should (NSP)
Ninty doesn't officially use NSPs on retail systems afaik :P

psbernitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I have the reteoarch installed as nsp I have already access to the 3gb. What else advantages can I expect if I use the retroarch nro with this homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol