OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Hey y’all, long time no chat!

I’ve seen that this is unfortunately a fairly common issue, however I haven’t found any resolution with the 1030 series of cards. I’m hoping maybe one of you Tempers could possibly give me direction on how to fix this issue. ❤️

I just built my first computer and in it I have an EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 card in it, as soon as the computer got past BIOS the screen started flashing on the Windows login screen and would continue to do so every few seconds there on after, I’ve already used DDU to get rid of my driver the first time. I reinstalled the driver and then I was met with a black screen instead of a flashing screen unable to even log into my computer at all, the screen luckily came back randomly and I uninstalled the driver again.

Now, the weird part is that I don’t have any driver installed currently and there’s no black screen or screen flickering going on which definitely makes me believe this is a driver issue. I’m using this computer for music production mainly and luckily ProTools works fine without the driver installed as it’s not a very graphical heavy program. However there is some screen lag and plugin graphics will run slow within ProTools sometimes as well so I’d like to fix this problem ASAP.

I’m wondering if anyone knows another work around for this issue or can direct me to a legacy driver for the 1030 cards where this glitch doesn’t happen?

That would be great, thank you for all the help in advance!

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your motherboard has more than one slot for a graphics card, try the other slots. Could just be a busted PCI-e slot or the card is broken somehow

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
If your motherboard has more than one slot for a graphics card, try the other slots. Could just be a busted PCI-e slot or the card is broken somehow

I’m not certain if it does I’ll have to check, I’m not sure if it’s a busted card though because it’s literally working great without the driver installed minus the small lag sometimes, as soon as I install a driver though the screen starts flashing/goes black. I feel like if it was a dead card it would just be flashing/going black even without the driver installed.

I’m just speculating though, I’m not much of a computer hardware guy.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
That definitely sounds like a driver issue... Are you using the drivers on EVGA's website, Nvidia's website, or are you letting Windows auto-download them?
I originally downloaded the driver from the EVGA website which just links over to the Nvidia site. From what I’ve read and researched it sounds like I might just have to go through a bunch of legacy drivers and see which one doesn’t make this happen to my computer but I’m hoping there’s an easier work around.

Thanks for the help Nero!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7