WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to have a release right around this time, but then I got carried away and began work on a contents editor as well (mix and match, reorder, add/remove contents, change boot content, patch trucha bug back in, etc.) So for now I'm going to need a lot of time to debug this thing. It's been probably the most challenging aspect of the program so far.
frown.gif

As for the database, I'd like to have some sort of public editor for it, like an online collaborative text service. I have uploaded the latest to a service called EtherPad.

http://etherpad.com/nusddatabase

I think that this would allow others to contribute, as well as give the possibility of online updates from NUSD itself. If anyone knows of a better/different service that functions in this way, be sure to mention it!

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Tagg7 said:
Is there an updated database.xml file? I want to know the title ID for the 4.1U System Menu.

You can manually edit the database yourself using any text editor. (I used Notepad++ myself)

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

Just add the entries using the values listed on that page.
Thank you, that solved things for me.
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to allow for the and tags to coexist? I tried it before with beta2, and it didn't work out so well. (It's very unnecessary to download something like an older Mii Channel, but it'd be nice.
smile.gif
)

Since you'll add so many major features, you should bump it to version 2.0.
tongue.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@Dialexio: Coexisting tags will be added when I find the time.
wink.gif

Basically I've been working on a contents editor/manager/etc. which will be a 3rd part of the trucha modifications capabilities. Here's an image from the latest build, showing the GUI for the editor...

nejcj7.png

Here's the feature-set so far...

* Change the order (index) of contents in a title.
* Add additional decrypted contents to the title.
* Remove contents from the title.
* Changed the boot content.
* Change whether contents are shared or not.
* Add the trucha bug back into a content.

These features will be used for when you desire to modify the title you are downloading, so it's not an everyday occurrence. However, here's a few ways you might find this useful:

* Embedding System Menu themes directly into the title. (I did this today with 4.1U and the DarkWii theme update.)
* Adding trucha back into IOS modules. This is basically similar to freethebug, though you have more control over what contents you want patched, etc.
* Changing the boot DOL will allow things like embedding preloader into a system menu wad before installation. I have not tested this, however it seems like a possibility.
* I suppose you could add DIP modules to IOS, I don't really know a lot about that procedure though.

I don't have another beta available right now, as there's tons of bugs I need to work out. There's definitely progress though, as I didn't brick with my first attempt at embedding DarkWii into the system menu.
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's the [x] Trucha option doing?

And do you know more about the shared contents? I mean how does it work? If something is to be installed all shared contents are checked for one with the same hash, or does it go by some id?

PS: Maybe it would be a good idea to make 2 modes for the app: 1 pure download mode that does not even show options to change content, and the other one. The main purpose of this app is this downloading IOS and system menu in my eyes.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If you check trucha, then the contents/tmd/ticket editor will show after the download is complete. All of those features require fake signing, and are optional.

Shared contents are specified by the "Type" bytes of a content in the TMD. If a content's type is 0x0001, it is not shared, whereas 0x8001 is shared. In the NUSD content editor, shared contents are shown with a 'S' by them. This can be toggled for each content, but is probably best left alone.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe adding wad editor functionality would greatly improve the usability. Instead of patching only after download, i would prefer the following:
If wad download is selected, then only a wad is stored and the other files are deleted after the download. Also a saveas dialog for this would be nice. And if the nus downloader would have the ability to open a wad, then show a menu to manipulate its contents, and a saveas button, it would be the most powerful all-in-one wad/nus tool at all. One reason other than the obvious multi purpose use, would be that i don't need to download twice for having a backup copy of the stuff i'm changing.

And optinally a method to open and change standalone tickets and tmds would be nice too, but i would really prefer the wad method.

This is only a suggestion what i would like, do as you wish, i will use your tool the one or the other way, it's just the best.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very pleased to see that you've added in trucha bug restoration. I will use that feature a lot, probably with any IOS I generate with NUSD actually. (Except maybe IOS61. I still don't know why the shop channel is so anal about modded IOS's it runs on.)

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Maybe it would be a good idea to make 2 modes for the app: 1 pure download mode that does not even show options to change content, and the other one. The main purpose of this app is this downloading IOS and system menu in my eyes.

Well, everything trucha is only visible based on whether the user ticks the check box or not. The GUI expands to show trucha features based on this.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jul 21 2009, 02:39 PM) Maybe adding wad editor functionality would greatly improve the usability.

I will consider some of those suggestions. More options regarding wad packing is doable.

Looking into future versions, I hope to include patching support (think StartPatch / Preloader style but PC based). Anyone with a visual studio/C# express installed can probably build the latest beta builds off google code.
wink.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Shonk said:
wwpacker says wad header too big
I can assure you that the WAD header's are correctly sized. You can follow the documentation of WAD Files on Wiibrew, as well as confirm this with a hex editor. A WAD header is the first 32 bytes of the file.

I don't believe wwpacker (which is just using wadpacker or something backend) has ever not said that...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really great tool! Thank you!

I do have a question:

Say I wanted to update a v3.1U system to the latest system menu for my region (4.1U) in a completely offline way. Is it as simple as downloading and wad packing the system menu (v449) and installing it along with the shopping channel and latest photo channel...along with IOS60 and IOS61? Or do I even need to install the shopping/photo channels? I am looking for an offline solution to upgrading Wii systems from 3.1U forward. Would this work?

Also, what about the rest? BC and Mios for Gamecube support? The EULA? I could imagine these things have changed since 3.1U. I basically would like to perform precisely what the official system update does, but offline using the packed wads created by this tool.

Any help is appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-