Hacking NUS Downloader - v1.2 Beta

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What you just described should work. (Truth be told, you don't need to update the channels unless you want stuff like SDHC compatibility. Or something.)

Don't worry about updating bc, MIOS, and the EULA. bc was updated just to prevent people touching MIOS. MIOS is updated to prevent people from "misusing" GC mode (tweezer attack, Action Replay...). The EULA is not necessary to update... unless you're one to panic over something like a missing line in Chapter III.
tongue.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
What you just described should work. (Truth be told, you don't need to update the channels unless you want stuff like SDHC compatibility. Or something.)

Don't worry about updating bc, MIOS, and the EULA. bc was updated just to prevent people touching MIOS. MIOS is updated to prevent people from "misusing" GC mode (tweezer attack, Action Replay...). The EULA is not necessary to update... unless you're one to panic over something like a missing line in Chapter III.
tongue.gif

Thanks for the info! One last question:

What is the "RegionSelect"? There is not a description and you have the ability to download it for each region. Just does not seem to have a point, or does it?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The Region Select channel is what you see when you first run the Wii. (You know, the thing that prompted you with the list of countries upon first bootup.) It's only run that one time, and there's no need to modify it.

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried adding the Wii speak channel (yes correct region), channel shows in sm but upon loading wii locks up with a black screen. Wii 4.1e with the usual bootmii(boot2) preloader cios14.

Also ios57 isnt in your database - i know that no-one knows what it does yet but i installed anyway with NUS1.1 and nothing happened.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
IOS57 is available in the EtherPad database for NUS Downloader.
smile.gif
I also added in the titles from the 4.1K update earlier today.

Awesome. I'm also going to have a page running on Wiibrew for the database. I'll put your changes there as well.
wink.gif

Anyways, I've decided enough is enough and went through with a v1.2 release. However, the trucha features are still in beta/alpha stage. To use them, click the progress bar on the main form. They're hidden for a reason; there's a lot of left out code/bugs, but I felt the database feature alone was enough to prompt an update push.

Thanks for all the help beta testing v1.2, if any suggestions were missed from this thread, I'll try to cover them in v1.3
wink.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... you might burn me for this but, what's the method of creating a ticket for the ticketless VC / WW titles, that was mentioned a couple of pages before, to be in a "site with registration closed"?

Why does who know doesn't want to share it? This isn't the Nintendo.com site afterall...
unsure.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Dan_Aykroyd said:
So... you might burn me for this but, what's the method of creating a ticket for the ticketless VC / WW titles, that was mentioned a couple of pages before, to be in a "site with registration closed"?

Why does who know doesn't want to share it? This isn't the Nintendo.com site afterall...
unsure.gif

The method in theory requires all or part of the ticket to be already dumped. Only 16 bytes of a ticket are really needed to make it useful, the rest can be figured out/doesn't really matter.

This may not be Nintendo.com, but it is also not a piracy host.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but I still think this should be commented upon. Not by you, that's OK, because you have to keep yourself way from piracy as the developer of the application and all (which, by the way, is awesome!!! thanks for it!!!)

Anyway, knowing that method, how to reproduce it or something would be interesting. I actually wouldn't even use NUS to get those, since every released game as a ready-to-install WAD are listed in a couple of MediaFire sites and that's easier, but would sure try with one or two to see if I can recreate the ticket and actually install them!

Thanks.

napo7

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

Great tool, but It would be greater if I could use it behind a Proxy Server.
Actually, I've got a proxy set in Internet Explorer, which is OK.
But, when I run NUSD, I got an error "407 Proxy authentication required".

Should the "generalWC" component be setup differently ?
Or maybe catch the exception "407" and ask for proxy user/password ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?