Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I'm sure y'all have heard the news about NUS being shut down in March, which would mean that after the closure we cannot download games from the NUS servers anymore. Even though this has been known for a while now I haven't heard anybody about any archiving (or possiblu reverse-engineering) projects. Have any of you guys heard something about possible archiving attempts? I mean if we could reel in everything and anything off the NUS servers we could try to build an alternative for NUS, but this is just wishful thinking on my end 😋

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm sure y'all have heard the news about NUS being shut down in March, which would mean that after the closure we cannot download games from the NUS servers anymore. Even though this has been known for a while now I haven't heard anybody about any archiving (or possiblu reverse-engineering) projects. Have any of you guys heard something about possible archiving attempts? I mean if we could reel in everything and anything off the NUS servers we could try to build an alternative for NUS, but this is just wishful thinking on my end 😋
We have the algorithm to make tickets, and content will still be available after that time.

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
We have the algorithm to make tickets, and content will still be available after that time.
If thats the case then I seem to have misunderstood what was being meant by shutting down NUS (so if I understand correctly, it's only the storefront that is being shut down right?)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If thats the case then I seem to have misunderstood what was being meant by shutting down NUS (so if I understand correctly, it's only the storefront that is being shut down right?)
No new content can be purchased, that's it.

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
No new content can be purchased, that's it.
Thank god :P Everyone seems to be convinved that Nintendo was planning to pull a Sony (what they did to the PS3/Vita store before reversing their actions xD), but I am glad that that ain't true. If it would be true it would complicate things for us U-ers quite drastically d:

Wellp I got my answers, so I'm gonna request closure of this thread now ^^

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everyone seems to be convinved that Nintendo was planning to pull a Sony
Not everyone, only people not reading Nintendos statement:
Even after March 27, 2023, and for the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to redownload games and DLC
For the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to redownload games and DLC, receive software updates and enjoy online play on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
(Source: https://en-americas-support.nintend...ii-u-&-nintendo-3ds-eshop-discontinuation-q&a )

Also this question gets asked so offen, a simple forum search should have given you a ton of similiar replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here