Hacking Question NSPs, NANDs, and the Sanctity of my Switch

1000_Knives

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster here. I've been on SXOS for a bit and have been very prudent about trying to not get banned (no wi-fi settings, authenticated SX license from my computer, only have been using XCIs). I'm holding out hoping that eventually emuNAND will come around and then I will restore my sysNAND to potentially play online on that while using emuNAND offline for homebrew. Since the last SX update I've been considering updating my XCIs with NSPs. I'm paranoid since NSP usage seems to be the kiss of death, but to my understanding update files have no certs, so should I be okay? Once again I plan to keep my wi-fi setting wiped unless emuNAND comes out. Thank you.

143Heynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like some info on this as well as I just installed my first nsp (hello neighbor). I don’t go online but should I clear my logs and if so how? Also how do I make nand backup?

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would like some info on this as well as I just installed my first nsp (hello neighbor). I don’t go online but should I clear my logs and if so how? Also how do I make nand backup?
Clearing your logs with dreport is considered more risky than just keeping them atm
on anything else i cant give you guys any info rn, havent messed with nsp-installs yet, i am still using donors and layered

1000_Knives

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You use hekate to dump it to your SD. The file is ~32 gigs iirc. There are a lot of thorough guides online so a quick google search should explain it to you better than I could. Unfortunately if you've been messing around with CFW and homebrew your NAND might already be fucked. Still worth backing it up though in case you get bricked.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You use hekate to dump it to your SD. The file is ~32 gigs iirc. There are a lot of thorough guides online so a quick google search should explain it to you better than I could. Unfortunately if you've been messing around with CFW and homebrew your NAND might already be fucked. Still worth backing it up though in case you get bricked.
Dunno if i am just incredibly lucky or smart enough to dodge the stuff, i am using layeredfs hacks and emulators nonstop and have allready succesfully dodged about 4 banwaves, so far....
are you guys on here sure, the whole "ninty watches your switch sleep" thing isnt kind of blown out of proportion?

1000_Knives

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if i am just incredibly lucky or smart enough to dodge the stuff, i am using layeredfs hacks and emulators nonstop and have allready succesfully dodged about 4 banwaves, so far....
are you guys on here sure, the whole "ninty watches your switch sleep" thing isnt kind of blown out of proportion?

I'm being overly careful for sure lol. The only game I really have any interest in playing in online is smash so I don't mind being patient even if it means not updating games.

Have you gone online yet?

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm being overly careful for sure lol. The only game I really have any interest in playing in online is smash so I don't mind being patient even if it means not updating games.

Have you gone online yet?
i am playing modded splatoon all the time, if that answers it

also i guss i only am less cautious because my switch seems to be dieing from misuse anyways and a used tablet only costs about 100 bucks, here

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1