Hacking Now that 10.4 has come out, should i wait?

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys quick question... if I have a (N)3DS below 10.3 and Ocarina game, can I downgrade to 9.2 safely? Or do I need to go 10.3 in order to downgrade?

If the second, getting those files from that site will work to go 10.3 instead of 10.4?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by estebangh,
D

Deleted User

Hey guys quick question... if I have a (N)3DS below 10.3 and Ocarina game, can I downgrade to 9.2 safely? Or do I need to go 10.3 in order to downgrade?

If the second, getting those files from that site will work to go 10.3 instead of 10.4?

Thanks guys!
You only need to be on 10.4 or below, and you don't need Ocarina game anymore since Gateway works for Homebrew Menu :)

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shouldn't even bother that your 3DSis on 10.3.

Gateway will (very) soon release offial sysnand support for 10.3 (and of course still lower).

I'm currently on 9.2. I wish I was on 10.3. You will get Gateway support + new crypto support(animal crossing and Fire Emblem IF/Fates) Amiibo support (in sysnand)+ Badges support(in sysnand).

Right now I'm on boring 9.2 with nothing supported in sysnand. (at least less)
I wish I got 10.3 :)
Naww i think you should stay on 9.2 considering 9.2 has much more development and is probably much more vulnerable than 10.3

Reactions: Hayleia

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You only need to be on 10.4 or below, and you don't need Ocarina game anymore since Gateway works for Homebrew Menu :)

What do you mean by "Gateway works for Hombrew Menu" home menu entry point? Because I've read Ocarina entry point is more reliable on boot...

Thanks again!

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Naww i think you should stay on 9.2 considering 9.2 has much more development and is probably much more vulnerable than 10.3
Agreed. I don't know how someone can be on 9.2 and wish to be on 10.3. Just make an emuNAND and you're on 10.3, even 10.4...

D

Deleted User

Their 9.2 to 4.5 downgrade only requires 1 file and doesn't have sudden crashes or anything that can brick the 3DS which is much safer than SysUpdater. They are working for Gateway to work with 10.4 and below and will give them a way to downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 as easy as their old downgrade way.

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Their 9.2 to 4.5 downgrade only requires 1 file and doesn't have sudden crashes or anything that can brick the 3DS which is much safer than SysUpdater. They are working for Gateway to work with 10.4 and below and will give them a way to downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 as easy as their old downgrade way.
So do you have anything to back up that claim? I'd understand if their <=9.2 downgrader is more stable than the >9.2 downgrade using sysUpdater, but how would you know their currently unreleased software is more stable than what we have now?
Also, their downgrader may be easier to use thanks to only having one files, but that doesn't make it safer, just idiot-proof.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you have anything to back up that claim? I'd understand if their <=9.2 downgrader is more stable than the >9.2 downgrade using sysUpdater, but how would you know their currently unreleased software is more stable than what we have now?
Also, their downgrader may be easier to use thanks to only having one files, but that doesn't make it safer, just idiot-proof.
My n3DS XL downgrade went smoothly in one try also! Thanks for helping!

Also, I have one last question. What CFW do you use for your 3DSes? In your opinion, whats best for n3DS, and for the O3DS? I heard RxTools was unstable for n3DS, but that was a loooonggg time ago.

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

That's not even the same thing...

With the new firmware update we would like to STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST UPDATING your sysnand to any version higher than 10.3 (i.e. 10.4 or higher), as we will not be able to support sysnand firmware version 10.4 or higher anytime soon.

Currently there exist homebrew methods to downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2, allowing you to use your Gateway card already.
But the downgrade method is not recommended as it is error prone, dangerous and can lead to bricking.
We would like to provide our users with a more safe method, and this is one of the things we are working on.

This means you SHOULD NOT upgrade past 10.3, as you will miss the boat as they say.

Also, they are not working on 10.4 support.. they will more than likely be using mch2 just like our current methods, so the chances of it actually being any safer are negligible, if at all.

Last edited by Kioku,

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My n3DS XL downgrade went smoothly in one try also! Thanks for helping!

Also, I have one last question. What CFW do you use for your 3DSes? In your opinion, whats best for n3DS, and for the O3DS? I heard RxTools was unstable for n3DS, but that was a loooonggg time ago.
Glad to hear!
The latest rxTools nightly works fine on N3DS, but right now I suggest getting either CakesFW or ReiNand because they both support emuNAND on the latest firmware (while rx only goes up to 9.5 atm). ReiNand is slightly easier and quicker to set up but it's negligible, it's only a couple of extra (quick) steps for CakesFW. I have both but mainly boot with Cakes, neither have much of an advantage over the other.
As for O3DS (and when it gets updated for N3DS), go with rxTools, it's packed with a bunch of useful shit + it has built-in region free.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear!
The latest rxTools nightly works fine on N3DS, but right now I suggest getting either CakesFW or ReiNand because they both support emuNAND on the latest firmware (while rx only goes up to 9.5 atm). ReiNand is slightly easier and quicker to set up but it's negligible, it's only a couple of extra (quick) steps for CakesFW. I have both but mainly boot with Cakes, neither have much of an advantage over the other.
As for O3DS (and when it gets updated for N3DS), go with rxTools, it's packed with a bunch of useful shit + it has built-in region free.
Aight thanks. I'm currently having trouble with going into gateway's launcher.dat with the n3DS through browser for a NAND backup atm. Hopefully I didn't get an incomplete downgrade :/.

My browser does not seem to look like this (But I assume it's different considering it's an n3DS):
http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...ystem-nand-backup-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-new-3ds.html

Going to the website I get a black loading screen.

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Their 9.2 to 4.5 downgrade only requires 1 file and doesn't have sudden crashes or anything that can brick the 3DS which is much safer than SysUpdater.
Not only it only requires one file, but they actually give it so you can't download the wrong pack on that iso site. Yeah, that would be the user's fault but still, GW's method is safer.

Reactions: Deleted User

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aight thanks. I'm currently having trouble with going into gateway's launcher.dat with the n3DS through browser for a NAND backup atm. Hopefully I didn't get an incomplete downgrade :/.

My browser does not seem to look like this (But I assume it's different considering it's an n3DS):
http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...ystem-nand-backup-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-new-3ds.html

Going to the website I get a black loading screen.
Don't use the GW launcher, just launch the homebrew launcher thru browserhax and use emuNAND9 to back up your NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt