'nother snes classic. won't load nes games

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, giving that a try... found some nice improvements in terms of new cores, true. but trying to sync and I keep getting a 451 error.

Okay, somehow got past that, re-checked that I installed retroarch mod(s) and cores, but again... no NES games load. It just kicks back to the main menu. Every time.
again.. you need to give the parameter to the nes rom....

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game shows up on the game select on the snes classic. but when I select it, it won't load. that's the problem.
for god sake.. yes i know, i did read that. you still need to give the parameter to launch it.

if you read my explanation on the past post, it clearly says that hackchi is pointing to the ens emulator, which does not work. you need to set up a core. and give the parameters to load the rom via a retroarch core.

Commonly:

/bin/nestopia <rom> <clover_args>

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of this is making any sense to me. I don't understand how my own unit, on an older hakchi, worked flawlessly with this. but this one, with a newer hakchi, won't load a single nes game.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of this is making any sense to me. I don't understand how my own unit, on an older hakchi, worked flawlessly with this. but this one, with a newer hakchi, won't load a single nes game.
because on some revision, the nex emulator that is pointed on hackchi, is not included, so you point your rom to an emulator that is not sideloaded, therefore, it takes you back to the game select screen.

To fix this, since you cant [user friendly] push the original nes emulator, or sideload it correctly, you just give a nes rom the parameter to be loaded via retroarch core.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I solved it. Not in a way I would have liked to, but it did solve it.

Simply put, I was no stranger to different rom sets that included "scene/group" releases, and of course those frustrating start-up screens, which at best usually just break functionality with cheat codes. But the last straw was when I had loaded up a GBA romset on my EZ4 and had about twenty consecutive games I wanted to play having those rips and then the splash screen basically breaking the ROM's ability to run. So, in spite of how Nintendo wanted to make this difficult with litigating a bunch of the more accessible sites, I resolved to try and stick with NoIntro Rom sets, that are just the pure data.

this was no problem with everything, except the NES games, because after asking on a discord specific to these units, one of their admins found the romset's data has no header data at all. Not a bad thing, but the only emulator available at this time that can open headerless NES games, is painfully slow.

my solution, in that sense, was to find another rom set to download (since I didn't have the original set on disk) and add in those via Hakchi. Those all work, now. And after some tracing back and forth, now all the games work. And I can now pack the bugger up and send it back to my co-worker buddy. :whip::grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone