Homebrew Not64 Update

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh okay @pedro702 i will try this later.

By now i'm trying hard to modify a bit Not64's source code for add DRC (Wii U GamePad) support since it's lacking in Not64 but not Wii64. Thanks! :)
afaik you cant compile it since not64 uses a custom devkit so i dont know if you will ever be able to compile it unless extrems shares said devkit.

Reactions: CORE and SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
afaik you cant compile it since not64 uses a custom devkit so i dont know if you will ever be able to compile it unless extrems shares said devkit.
but i will try sending him (@Extrems) a pull request for review my code and if it is successful, merge them and release a new version with it.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i will try sending him (@Extrems) a pull request for review my code and if it is successful, merge them and release a new version with it.
I hope this happens, it's literally the one thing stopping my WiiU from being the perfect emulation device, since out of all my N64 games, Conker's BFD is the only one that doesn't play nice with WiiU VC inject nor Wii64 (it kinda works with Rice, but with gfx glitches).
Well in a perfect world direct launching via RA on the WiiU with a N64 core would be perfect, but that's just a dream.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: ber71

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Last edited by SaulFabre,

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
This is a Christmas gift, and we wait many years for emukidid to release its version officially.

Thank you very much Wii64 team and Extresm for your improvements and merry christmas to all gbatemp.:yaywii:
Merry X-Mas to all.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
RE: Wii64 1.3

@pedro702

I've tested a bit Wii64 1.3 and still issues of broken skyboxes and other in some games (Beetle Adventure Racing) but other issues were finally fixed (such that RiceVideoLinux.ini detection had issues).

I used FIX94's RiceVideoLinux.ini and Wii64 1.3 detected it and applied the fixes he made.

I have to make pull requests for fix those issues with these problematic games (Yoshi's Story, Beetle Adventure Racing, Donkey Kong 64, etc.)

Reactions: CORE and ber71

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Here's a small comparison of two problematic games and differences between emukidid's RiceVideoLinux.ini and FIX94's RiceVideoLinux.ini, which teorically have the same settings but they have different codification, so it explain me why those issues still occur:

emukidid's RiceVideoLinux.ini
Beetle Adventure Racing: sky and trees all messed up
beetleadvr_wii6413_emukidid_ini.PNG

Yoshi's Story: broken everything
yoshistory_wii6413_emukidid_ini.PNG

FIX94's RiceVideoLinux.ini
Beetle Adventure Racing: fixed skyboxes and trees, almost perfect GFX.
beetleadvr_wii6413_FIX94_ini.PNG

Yoshi's Story: you can actually see the levels and other things, still can't correctly see eggs or enemies but that's a huge step in that
yoshistory_wii6413_FIX94_ini.PNG

These are just two examples, i'm going to test a few more games that had trouble before before FIX94's fix.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Here's a small comparison of two problematic games and differences between emukidid's RiceVideoLinux.ini and FIX94's RiceVideoLinux.ini, which teorically have the same settings but they have different codification, so it explain me why those issues still occur:

emukidid's RiceVideoLinux.ini
Beetle Adventure Racing: sky and trees all messed up
View attachment 290778
Yoshi's Story: broken everything
View attachment 290779

FIX94's RiceVideoLinux.ini
Beetle Adventure Racing: fixed skyboxes and trees, almost perfect GFX.
View attachment 290780
Yoshi's Story: you can actually see the levels and other things, still can't correctly see eggs or enemies but that's a huge step in that
View attachment 290781

These are just two examples, i'm going to test a few more games that had trouble before before FIX94's fix.
im guessing the games are getting their own slot o the ini after you play the games exit wii64 then you will see new entrys on the bottom of the ini file which are the id of said new games, for some reason it doesnt detect them as the correct title id or something so the fixes on the ini arent applyed?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
im guessing the games are getting their own slot o the ini after you play the games exit wii64 then you will see new entrys on the bottom of the ini file which are the id of said new games, for some reason it doesnt detect them as the correct title id or something so the fixes on the ini arent applyed?
these are all tested in the new Wii64 1.3.
The new Wii64 doesn't erase anything of the ini file, it just doesn't recognize the codification used in it, however it does recognize the FIX94's ini file.
I've opened a issue: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues/74

Reactions: CORE

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
these are all tested in the new Wii64 1.3.
The new Wii64 doesn't erase anything of the ini file, it just doesn't recognize the codification used in it, however it does recognize the FIX94's ini file.
I've opened a issue: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues/74
seems to be a formatting issue i think, fix94 ini in hex has one . separating the gameid fron the name and then 2 .. separating each setting while emukids has 2 dots separating gameid and name and settings too, this is why it has 2 more kbts than fix94

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've never heard of this RiceVideoLinux.ini file before. I found a download link in this thread (page 70), but I do not know if that's the most updated or reliable version. It's very different from the file I have on my Wii64 folder though.

I'm curious to try a few games to see if they work.

And thanks for the update, emukidid!

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've never heard of this RiceVideoLinux.ini file before. I found a download link in this thread (page 70), but I do not know if that's the most updated or reliable version. It's very different from the file I have on my Wii64 folder though.

I'm curious to try a few games to see if they work.

And thanks for the update, emukidid!
Checking its CRC32 and checksum it looks like the same RiceVideoLinux.ini file formatted to Linux format, that @FIX94 made.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update.333569/post-7700315

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Checking its CRC32 and checksum it looks like the same RiceVideoLinux.ini file formatted to Linux format, that @FIX94 made.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update.333569/post-7700315
we can now play star wars shadows of the empire on wii now with rice xD with some minor errors

some viewing angles like cockpit view or cable view have some loose vertices same for onfoot first person view but the main view modes work great and the game runs preety well i did until the second boss battle with the robot on both pal and usa version you need to edit the ricevidolinux ini for them to work

for usa delete everything that is there and put only
{54edd74d7d28f974-45}
Name=Shadow of the Empire
DisableObjBG=1
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

for pal you need to actualy add it to the ini since its not there
{8166484d45927dab-50}
Name=Shadow of the Empire
DisableObjBG=1
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

to actualy read text on vigitalnt 8 menus you need to add this
FullTMEM=2
to the patches.

also for battlezone rise of the black dogs you need to delete the viheight and width so you get fullscreen ingame on the ini.

there are alot of incorrect/outdated stuff on the ini so dont be afraid to mess with it and test , maybe we can fix more games, i know i liked that i can play shadows of the empire on the wii, such a fun game.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is good news @pedro702.

What about the latest Mupen64 RiceVideo would some of that not work with Wii64/Not64.

More up to date? Just a guess https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-video-rice/blob/master/data/RiceVideoLinux.ini

This is great though I never thought of looking through RiceVideo.ini , I figured it be a waste of time and most things not work or not implemented.
well it really depends, remenber the inis are based off on the version of rice and there are alot of versions, so a version might need certain settings while another wont and it will actualy mess up the default settings that are now correct, afaik every setting is working besides the framebuffer settings since rice has no framebuffer on the wii yet, and i´m not sure emukid will ever code the framebuffer for rice tbh.

while some settings might appear they dont work is becuase of error on the core itself becuase the setting being applyed over incorrect info wont make it right but one can always mess around and try to fix games that dont work correctly.

Reactions: SaulFabre and CORE

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Extrems

just doing compatibility testing and i noticed a regression

up until not64 20210822 the game GT64 with fb textures enabled worked pretty well in-game but when you released not6420210829 to fix the regression i think you fixed more than you tough? maybe a messed up value, now in-game the track is only rendered like 30 meters infront of you and you drive on the fog or texture less void of sorts, if you ever take a look at that, maybe some value you changed was not wrong?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Extrems

just doing compatibility testing and i noticed a regression

up until not64 20210822 the game GT64 with fb textures enabled worked pretty well in-game but when you released not6420210829 to fix the regression i think you fixed more than you tough? maybe a messed up value, now in-game the track is only rendered like 30 meters infront of you and you drive on the fog or texture less void of sorts, if you ever take a look at that, maybe some value you changed was not wrong?
can you send screenshots of both versions of Not64 (v20210822 and v20210829) running the same game you're trying (GT64 (Gran Turismo 64) - Championship Edition)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment +1