Homebrew Not64 Update

D

Deleted User

I played some Bomberman 64, i never played it before besides a minute or two on the console. In Not64 looks very good from the beginning, i am currently going through the 1st level. Bomberman 64 Second Attack is missing a ton of 2D graphics and text so i haven't tested it too much.

Some 3D racing games show visible improvements and don't glitch out as often as they did.

Not related to this latest version, but i hacked a bit of the prototype Mortal Kombat Trilogy and now it runs as fluid as the retail release, with some minor hiccups at the start of each fight only during the announcement.

Rampage 2 keeps blacking out randomly so it is not playable yet, same for Extreme G2 which craps out at the start of any race. Almost there!

Have you tried the translation on PC emulators? It doesn't work for me on Mupen64Plus nor Project 64. Maybe it only works on the console with an Everdrive?
According to this post, the english patch should be compatible with Everdrive devices and PC Emulator.
https://n64today.com/2017/04/03/densha-de-go-64-english-patch/

Edit: By the way, @pedro702 currently updates the Wii64/Not64 compatibility wiki with the latest build.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Zense

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
According to this post, the english patch should be compatible with Everdrive devices and PC Emulator.
https://n64today.com/2017/04/03/densha-de-go-64-english-patch/
Sure, but it does not work for me on all the mentioned emulators. It's okey, plenty of other things to try, and was merely confirming the fact.

Edit: By the way, @pedro702 currently updates the Wii64/Not64 compatibility wiki with the latest build.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List
I have already seen that list, many of the reports are vague or incorrect, hence i prefer doing my own lists on spreadsheets.

Reactions: Deleted User

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sure, but it does not work for me on all the mentioned emulators. It's okey, plenty of other things to try, and was merely confirming the fact.

I have already seen that list, many of the reports are vague or incorrect, hence i prefer doing my own lists on spreadsheets.
that is becuase many of those reports were very old, anything with recent version wii64 1.2 or latest not64 should be accurate, obviously i dont play any game for more than like 10-15 min , so obviously i have no idea if it can be playable to the end or if every level is accurate gfx and such.

bomberman 64 games only works well on wiiu vc inject, they run perfectly there, if you have a wiiu try them, if on wii then yeah they were kinda buggy on all versions of the emulators.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
that is becuase many of those reports were very old, anything with recent version wii64 1.2 or latest not64 should be accurate, obviously i dont play any game for more than like 10-15 min , so obviously i have no idea if it can be playable to the end or if every level is accurate gfx and such.
Yep, i figured. That's why i stopped checking it seriously since 2017 aprox., it is either ambiguous or inaccurate.

bomberman 64 games only works well on wiiu vc inject, they run perfectly there, if you have a wiiu try them, if on wii then yeah they were kinda buggy on all versions of the emulators.
I am playing it successfully on Not64 (this is exactly another one of those wrong reports from the compatibility list), that's one of the few games permanently on my SD that i test on each version since 2012. I was never a fan of the 3D transition for Bomberman, so i tend to try them out just out of curiosity, this time i wanna see if it is finishable, or else i will keep postponing it for other better games. :D

Reactions: drag4you

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's a big problem with that solution: It breaks fogging.
Also that particular solution breaks games using orthographic projection, such as Harvest Moon 64.

It took me a really long time to fix the exploding geometry issue without causing regressions.

I did get onto something to fix the clip-space translation issues, but again, broke fog and billboards.
So extrems i have been testing your new rev from z-o(yes i went backwards xD)

so far the issues i found are
Core issues
Freezes on boot/doesnt start on both dynarec and intrepreter
World Driver Championship
WCW Backstage Assault
Top Gear Overdrive
Top Gear Hyper Bike
Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire(crashes before main menu)
Star wars rogue squadron/battle for naboo(missing ucode)
Rat attack

Paperboy 64 stars only in intrepreter and then if you switch to recompiler while ingame it runs fine

Runs too fast
WCW Nitro doesnt matter what option you pick on speed it doesnt cap the speed limit.

joystick too sensitive
Virtual Chess 64

Cant move camera or get pictures recognized
pokemon snap

crashes at specific point-
shadowman if you free the first soul the game crashes(doesnt happen on wii64)

No sound
Twisted Edge: Extreme Snowboarding

Missing FOG
Turok Dinosaur Hunter

Texture issues/2d sprites
huge mess unplayable
yoshi story
worms armageddon
wetrix
Super Bowling 64
StarCraft 64

Menus/hud missing or badly textured
Wipeout 64
V-Rally Edition '99
Toy story 2
top gear rally
top gear rally 2
Roadsters Trophy
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Rayman 2- cant see the dialog
Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue
pokemon puzzle league-cant see the block during play

Random/missing textures all over the place ingame
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Supercross 2000
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack
Shadowgate 64
Resident Evil 2

Super mario 64 cant see how much health you have once you take a hit.

Superman 64 sky is pure pink color

WWF Attitude/WWF Warzone- flickering shadows

Winback: Covert Operations -missing textures, a grey square moves about blocking the view from time to time

pilotwings 64 a black square appears under you and blocks sight

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense/Vigilante 8
menus are huge mess, ingame plays fine but still some gfx like explosions have a black square around them.

the new tetris- cant see the falling blocks until they are on the ground
3d issues
depending on prespective 3dmodels show up or disapear
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer vehicle
007 eon weapons
Powerpuff girls character models
space station silicon valley

wrong coloring on models
spider man 64
S.C.A.R.S
pokemon stadium/2(this game also has some of textures issues)

objects appear infront of everything
quake 64
quake 2
duke dukem 64
earthwormjim 3d(marbles)
south park rally -background cover track

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: CORE

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You wasted your time. I already know all of these.

The Super Mario 64 issue is inaccurate. Load only that game then take a hit.
im also upating thge compatibility list since it was very outdated, last time i had it tested from a to n or something and got tired that is why i started from the bottom this time xD

wierd i retryed super mario 64 and you are right, maybe something didnt clean when i tested multiple games, the life bar kept getting complete red circle.

Also about the savestates of games containing : on rom name is that some sort of font issue?

Reactions: Deleted User

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
FAT doesn't permit usage of certain characters.
i see, still some games work when renamed other like turok 3 save but cant load the state and crash wii64 can save and load after renaming.

also i dont recall if this is a regression or not
doom64 has 2 map modes on c up and the first map mode does work on wii64 glide while on latest not64 just shows black screen, the second mode never worked on any afaik.

Reactions: CORE

Sogun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for this new release, Extrems! Glad to see you are still working and improving Not64.

You finally fixed the weird texture/geometry distorsion that happened some times in Super Mario 64 and was introduced in Wii64 beta 1.1 (it didn't happen in 1.0 and nobody mentioned the issue). -> https://i.postimg.cc/SkxBssqJ/mario-64-texture-perspective.jpg
Something similar but more agressive happened in some spots in Ocarina of Time (especially climbing ladders, pussing blocks or crawling through holes) and it seems it's fixed too.

However, there's something wrong with the big Mario face after the title screen: the camera shows Mario's head from above a few frames, then transitions to the front view as usual. Nothing game breaking but it's a behaviour that wasn't there in previous releases and I don't remember it from any other emulator or plugin on PC.

There's also a graphical issue with 2D sprites in Diddy Kong Racing that didn't happen before: their drawing distance has been reduced and they appear on screen very roughly. It seems it doesn't affect all 2D sprites but it's very noticeable when it does. -> https://i.postimg.cc/q4K8wYTy/DKR-sprite-drawing-issue.jpg (on the left is last release, on the right it's release from 2017-10-09).

Lastly, are you considering making NAND pagination optional like Wii64 1.2 does?

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This latest version is a significant improvement. Thank you very much.

For me it would be ideal to use the cache system that Wiimpathy used to load large Neo Geo and CPS3 roms. I think it would improve compatibility and emulation in general.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This latest version is a significant improvement. Thank you very much.

For me it would be ideal to use the cache system that Wiimpathy used to load large Neo Geo and CPS3 roms. I think it would improve compatibility and emulation in general.
!?
Not64 has NAND virtual memory since a long time. This part of code was written by Tueidj.
It doesn't really improve emulation. It's used to load games that don't fit in RAM.

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I knew that Not64 used Nand but I thought that the cache system could be an improvement or an alternative. I see that I am wrong

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
seems depth issue fixed 007 weapons glitch and south park rally background being in front of the racetrack.

wierdly enough it didnt completely fix star wars episode 1 racer , most racers are fixed but anakin ship keeps disapearing on parts and the view before total first person also has issues maybe they use a diferent viewscale or whatever
same way for power puff and space station silicon valley.

thansk for your work extrems, hopefully you can tackle the testuring issues since right now 3d erros afaik are only

powerpuff grils, space station silicon valley and star wars episode one racer

and objects infront of everytthing like duke nukem,quake,quake2 and earthworm jim 3d.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...