Homebrew Not64 Update

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
considering gx2 is vastly undocumented i bet he would have way too much work cut out lol, with vwii version and wiiu clock speed you get the best of both worls and cpu clock devider options and such.
No doubt it would be a undertaking but ppsspp was ported to WiiU so gx2 renderer is possible (unless ppsspp is software rendered? in which case would a not64 software render not be fast enough?) I know there are options to play on vwii but for me a native n64 emulator will always be sought after thing, I'm sure I'm not alone (same goes for PS1) :)
With the recent news of a PS3 port in development from way back, it reignited my desire to see a native n64/ps1 emulator running on WiiU :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
/not64.dol and /MCBACKUP/not64.gci are for GameCube.
thansk for the new update extrems, you are a god :bow:, this fixes alot of issues on many games

turok 3 finaly runs perfectly with fb textures set to on and with wiiu overclock there are hardly any speed issues the only downside i saw is that savestates do not work for this game which is odd? any solutionfor this?

007: The World is not Enough finaly has both textures and sound but still has an issue, when putting gun out or lazer watch or anything depending on what is infront of you they become invisible so im guessing this is a perpective issue? the wiiu emulator for n64 that nintendo made, had this exact issue with this game but could be fixed by toogling the setting useViewportZScale = 1 not sure what would be the not64 equivalent here.

Earthworm jim3d,quake64,quake 2, duke nukem64 all seem to suffer from perpective issues aswhell on earthworm jim 3d 2d textures appear infront of 3d objects at all times same for duke nukem and on quake even 3d enemies appear infront of walls same with items and such, not sure if this issue is the same as 007 maybe they are all connected?

vigilant 8
while menus are garbled up ingame with fbtextures it plays quite nicely but explosion effrects make a black square adound the actual gfx so maybe there is some sort of transparency issue going on?

will try more games latter and im preety amazed how you made turok 3 basicaly perfect just save states dont work but still :bow:

Also i know i repeated this alot but wiiu gamepad would be amazing for portablish n64 mode with full wiiu speed without the tv.

Last edited by pedro702,

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
thansk for the new update extrems, you are a god :bow:, this fixes alot of issues on many games

turok 3 finaly runs perfectly with fb textures set to on and with wiiu overclock there are hardly any speed issues the only downside i saw is that savestates do not work for this game which is odd? any solutionfor this?

007: The World is not Enough finaly has both textures and sound but still has an issue, when putting gun out or lazer watch or anything depending on what is infront of you they become invisible so im guessing this is a perpective issue? the wiiu emulator for n64 that nintendo made, had this exact issue with this game but could be fixed by toogling the setting useViewportZScale = 1 not sure what would be the not64 equivalent here.

Earthworm jim3d,quake64,quake 2, duke nukem64 all seem to suffer from perpective issues aswhell on earthworm jim 3d 2d textures appear infront of 3d objects at all times same for duke nukem and on quake even 3d enemies appear infront of walls same with items and such, not sure if this issue is the same as 007 maybe they are all connected?

vigilant 8
while menus are garbled up ingame with fbtextures it plays quite nicely but explosion effrects make a black square adound the actual gfx so maybe there is some sort of transparency issue going on?

will try more games latter and im preety amazed how you made turok 3 basicaly perfect just save states dont work but still :bow:

Also i know i repeated this alot but wiiu gamepad would be amazing for portablish n64 mode with full wiiu speed without the tv.
007 The World is not Enough The invisible weapon is a problem with the GX graphics.

in mupen64gc-fix94 r2 version https://github.com/FIX94/mupen64gc-fix94/releases fix94 touched a part of the GX graphics that Wii64 handles that makes the textures not distorted and solves games like 007 The World is not Enough.

Turok 3, fix that problem using N64ROMRenamer removing part of game name.

example: [Turok 3: Shadow of O] if we eliminate those two points it would be [Turok 3 Shadow of O]
Without those points, games with those two points are not saved in Not64.

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
in mupen64gc-fix94 r2 version https://github.com/FIX94/mupen64gc-fix94/releases fix94 touched a part of the GX graphics that Wii64 handles that makes the textures not distorted and solves games like 007 The World is not Enough.
There's a big problem with that solution: It breaks fogging.
Also that particular solution breaks games using orthographic projection, such as Harvest Moon 64.

It took me a really long time to fix the exploding geometry issue without causing regressions.

I did get onto something to fix the clip-space translation issues, but again, broke fog and billboards.

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Also that particular solution breaks games using orthographic projection, such as Harvest Moon 64.

It took me a really long time to fix the exploding geometry issue without causing regressions.

I did get onto something to fix the clip-space translation issues, but again, broke fog and billboards.
ohh it's a more serious problem than I thought, thanks extrems for the reason why GX was not fixed and good luck finding that solution.

and thanks for your projects for Not64 Extrems.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

couldnt you just make afew if cases for those games? like exceptions? ninendont has afew exceptions for some game ids and such, it would be nice having 007 playable and quake,quake2,earthworm jim3d and duke nukem playable without objects appearing infront of 3d objects if it took some sort of exception gameid on not64 codding.

Reactions: CORE

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
007 The World is not Enough The invisible weapon is a problem with the GX graphics.

Turok 3, fix that problem using N64ROMRenamer removing part of game name.

example: [Turok 3: Shadow of O] if we eliminate those two points it would be [Turok 3 Shadow of O]
Without those points, games with those two points are not saved in Not64.

i used n64 rom renamer and edited the : for a space and now while it does seems to save the state, if you try to load it not64 just crashes instead of loading the state.

Reactions: rogerioronin

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
i used n64 rom renamer and edited the : for a space and now while it does seems to save the state, if you try to load it not64 just crashes instead of loading the state.
How strange what I did is delete the: then try instead of [Turok 3: Shadow of O] name it [Turok 3].

I have it like this.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How strange what I did is delete the: then try instead of [Turok 3: Shadow of O] name it [Turok 3].

I have it like this.
tryed and no luck again did you ever save stated on this game? , just because other games can doesnt mean its just the : issue alone. if you can save state and load state on the latest not64 version maybe pm me , im using the U ! version of the game btw.

D

Deleted User

No doubt it would be a undertaking but ppsspp was ported to WiiU so gx2 renderer is possible (unless ppsspp is software rendered? in which case would a not64 software render not be fast enough?) I know there are options to play on vwii but for me a native n64 emulator will always be sought after thing, I'm sure I'm not alone (same goes for PS1) :)
With the recent news of a PS3 port in development from way back, it reignited my desire to see a native n64/ps1 emulator running on WiiU :P

Ehm Ploggy? First you have to unlock USB. Or nothing will run at full speed. Since currently USB runs at1.5 Mbyte/sec.

We can unlock USB now, but...as allways: It´s not a small thing to do. It requires:

a) Your program has to be hand-written! That means no WiiU-OS libraries are being used

or b) Your program (rpx/rpl) has to be modified. Each program needs different changes, and doing that (finding out what to change) isn`t so easy. The modfying works like this: You delete a certain line of code (Which enables the encryption, making the processor think it´s still encrypted, but reality is it´s not encrpyted). and the second modify is you make the "256" into a "0".

But: It can be done. The power is finally here.

Last edited by ,

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
tryed and no luck again did you ever save stated on this game? , just because other games can doesnt mean its just the : issue alone. if you can save state and load state on the latest not64 version maybe pm me , im using the U ! version of the game btw.
I just tried and if it also crashes, but I tried with Wii64Rice and if the save estate loads me, it is a Not64 problem.

but the game saves the progress but the savesestate is a problem.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Extrems do you know why the English translation of Densha de Go 64 wont work? The game runs perfectly but the patch doesnt work for some reason. Thanks again for the great work, 1080 snowboarding now looks a bit more correct.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I played some Bomberman 64, i never played it before besides a minute or two on the console. In Not64 looks very good from the beginning, i am currently going through the 1st level. Bomberman 64 Second Attack is missing a ton of 2D graphics and text so i haven't tested it too much.

Some 3D racing games show visible improvements and don't glitch out as often as they did.

Not related to this latest version, but i hacked a bit of the prototype Mortal Kombat Trilogy and now it runs as fluid as the retail release, with some minor hiccups at the start of each fight only during the announcement.

Rampage 2 keeps blacking out randomly so it is not playable yet, same for Extreme G2 which craps out at the start of any race. Almost there!

Hey Extrems do you know why the English translation of Densha de Go 64 wont work? The game runs perfectly but the patch doesnt work for some reason. Thanks again for the great work, 1080 snowboarding now looks a bit more correct.
Have you tried the translation on PC emulators? It doesn't work for me on Mupen64Plus nor Project 64. Maybe it only works on the console with an Everdrive?

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...