"not all software could be displayed as there are no empty slots" error, Wii U CFW

yoonybin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a solution for this? It states that "not all software could be displayed as there are no empty slots" I got done adding my Wii U games, but I wanted to start adding my Wii/Gamecube/Virtual Console games but to no avail for that error shows up.

I have looked everywhere for this solution but nothing came out of it. I did see something somewhere on this website where it's best to have a 2nd hard drive for it, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. I am a bit stumped here and NGL I am a bit slow at this as well, so if anyone can help me on this that would be great.

Trophies
XP
No, there is no workaround for that other than using another HDD whenever one reaches 300 games.

Not entirely true. There just isn't an actively stable work-around. Iirc Launchiine was something that was being made which could temporarily replace the men.rpx file for the Wii U menu on boot, and it supported past the 300-icon limit. Problem was, while it worked, it was prone to crashing.

I'm honestly not sure if development on that continued, but if it was ever brought to a fully stable state, that would be a decent workaround.

Reactions: yoonybin

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's people who actually reach the 300 title limit. You can work around this by using one HDD for Wii U games and a second one for Wii and Gamecube games through a backup loader like USB Loader GX or Wiiflow. You can have them both plugged in at the same time so you won't need to swap them. You could also try putting your Wii and Gamecube games on an SD card instead, although a few games don't load properly from SD cards.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
So there's people who actually reach the 300 title limit. You can work around this by using one HDD for Wii U games and a second one for Wii and Gamecube games through a backup loader like USB Loader GX or Wiiflow. You can have them both plugged in at the same time so you won't need to swap them. You could also try putting your Wii and Gamecube games on an SD card instead, although a few games don't load properly from SD cards.
As far as I remember, you can only have two HDDs connected at once if one of them is being powered by a different power supply, the Wii U itself won't be able to keep both on at the same time in case you are using Y cables.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I remember, you can only have two HDDs connected at once if one of them is being powered by a different power supply, the Wii U itself won't be able to keep both on at the same time in case you are using Y cables.
Yeah, that is something to consider as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?