Homebrew Noob question re: Wii U Softmod/CFW

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't see what files are in the JP version, because nobody who has a legitimately purchased JP E-Shop BotW has run tik2sd on their machine and uploaded their sd:/tik2sd/keys.txt (which doesn't contain console-unique info) to that title key site.

That aside, I don't get into game modding. The idea would be that you have to get the USen content files from the US version, then copy the files from that directory that aren't the stream (sound) files, and copy those into whatever directory your console/language combination is. (JPjp maybe?)
Sounds complicated :/

In order to see the directory of my JP E-Shop version, what would I need to do?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to see the directory of my JP E-Shop version, what would I need to do?
You have haxchi, so I'll assume you can run it and get sig/region/iosuhax patching going.
Get Fix94's ftpiiu_everywhere and put it on your SD card in /wiiu/apps/fpiiu-cbhc.
Run that app from homebrew launcher.
Connect to the address it shows using an FTP client (like filezilla or WinSCP) on the PC.
Navigate to /storage_mlc/usr/title/00050000/101c9300/content and start poking around. If you've installed to USB, it would be under storage_usb. The files might also be under 0005000e/101c9300 (the update directory)

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My E-Shop title is just installed on my console as a regular download from the E-Shop, so it's not on a USB and hasn't been dumped (no idea how to).
I'll follow your directions and see if I can find it!

Will report back :)

Thanks mate.

Reactions: nexusmtz

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have haxchi, so I'll assume you can run it and get sig/region/iosuhax patching going.
Get Fix94's ftpiiu_everywhere and put it on your SD card in /wiiu/apps/fpiiu-cbhc.
Run that app from homebrew launcher.
Connect to the address it shows using an FTP client (like filezilla or WinSCP) on the PC.
Navigate to /storage_mlc/usr/title/00050000/101c9300/content and start poking around. If you've installed to USB, it would be under storage_usb. The files might also be under 0005000e/101c9300 (the update directory)
So! I've been having a look inside of my E-Shop copy of the game, and I've found a bunch of folders inside, all in English. The only reference I can find to any form of "writing" per se, is "FONT", which is Japanese.
Replacing Font however for another font style won't change the in-game text to comprehensible English words. If anything, it'll try and display Japanese with English fillers and come out all garbled, if it even works.

I can't find anything else that alludes to it being actual subtitles or in-game dialogue. Voices I've found, but nothing else :/
Do you have a PAL or NA copy of the game that you can check to find exactly what I'm looking for?

Thanks again!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've found a file inside of "system" called "regionlangmask.txt

It's in Japanese, and I've changed JPjp to EUen and changed JP to EN.
This is in the original game dir, not the update dir.

Inside of the system folder in the update dir, there's an equivalent RegionLangMask.txt, but I can't download or edit it in Filezilla. It says Critical File Transfer Error. Something to do with permissions I believe, but I can't figure a way around it.

Last edited by michael2016,

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately after changing RegionLangMask.txt in the actual game dir from JPjp to EUen and JP to EU, the game freezes at the first loading screen.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately after changing RegionLangMask.txt in the actual game dir from JPjp to EUen and JP to EU, the game freezes at the first loading screen.
I'd recommend that someone open a thread specifically to talk about language modifications in BOTW. I encountered another person via PM on Saturday trying to mod by changing regionlangmask.txt. As you found, it doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.