Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been doing some things to get my Wii ready for MyMenuify, and I am more than confident I will need BootMii. However, I am not sure to install it as Boot2 or IOS. I already have PreLoader installed, so I am not sure if Boot2 is reasonable. However, I am not sure if I can install it as an IOS either. Is there any way I can tell which one will work before installing and potentially bricking?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
timishu said:
So, I've been doing some things to get my Wii ready for MyMenuify, and I am more than confident I will need BootMii. However, I am not sure to install it as Boot2 or IOS. I already have PreLoader installed, so I am not sure if Boot2 is reasonable. However, I am not sure if I can install it as an IOS either. Is there any way I can tell which one will work before installing and potentially bricking?

If it lets you install as boot2, install as boot2 no questions asked ASAP and make a NAND backup. Read through the bootmii section of my guide if you want an explanation of why on that. (Basically IOS version won't do shit for you.)

guile_bio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to fix my Wii by downgrading it to 3.2 and to 4.1, during the process, I forgot to install Preloader before using the Wii Firmware updater 4.1, because I hate 4.2.

Did I brick my Wii? Cause everytime I turn on my Wii, its just a black screen, I can insert stuff, but no video whatsoever.

Guyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, sorry about this. i've been away from the hacking the wii scene for a while since 3.4E .
May i ask what do you mean by stub ios??
unsure.gif

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ultimate Noob Question:

I'm on HBC 1.0.1, and I have NO IDEA how to update it! Whenever I load it, it tells me there's an update, but when I confirm to install it, it just says Error Has Occurred, and I'm back in the same place I was a second ago. Can I use the HackMii installer to overwrite my current version of HBC?

Guyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
timishu said:
Ultimate Noob Question:

I'm on HBC 1.0.1, and I have NO IDEA how to update it! Whenever I load it, it tells me there's an update, but when I confirm to install it, it just says Error Has Occurred, and I'm back in the same place I was a second ago. Can I use the HackMii installer to overwrite my current version of HBC?

Yeah you can overwrite it with the new hackmii installer, should be no problem

ante80

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using homebrew for more than a year now. No problems.
I think I know most of the important things to safely use my softmodded wii.

Recently I started to get more interested in how things work "behind the scene".
How things are installed, and how they are run. (Been reading this forum for a long time, just now signed up for an account)

One question I have is how can HBC get installed as a channel/title without the need of a cIOS.
I meen all other titles (.wad) needs to be installed using cIOS or fakesigned IOS, and program such as Wadmanager.

vodaholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys complete noob to the Wii scene here but every console I've ever had I've chipped so had to get stuck in on my Wii.

Problem is:

I have a version 4.1E console with wiidrivekey installed
I've installed the latest version og the homebrew channel and am now trying to install CIOS38 rev14 vial the installer so that I can run USB Loader GX
I've tun TBR to patch my IOS but here's where I have the problem.

I have all the required wads on the root of my SD card:
IOS15-64-v257.wad
IOS15-64-v266.wad
IOS36-64-v3094.wad
IOS38-64-v3610.wad

But I've also tried downloading them during the install after it failed the first time.

What happens is that I go through the first step to by pressing B to skip the reload as it is already on IOS36
I downgrade IOS15
I run TBR again but when I try to load IOS15 it gets to the borttom of the screen then says "Don't be impatient, press any key to exit"
It doesn't give me the option to press 1 so that I can use IOS15 to patch IOS36

My IOS36 when I run TBR is stated as 3094 in the corner of the screen. I just can't get it to load IOS15. I've gone back in and restored IOS15 to try again but no joy. When I try to run the CIOS38 rev14 installer I get an Error -2011

Can anybody help? I've been careful to search high and low before posting (past couple of days now) but I can't figure it.

Your help/guidance would be much appreciated

Thanks guys

ante80

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guyver said:
Hello everyone, sorry about this. i've been away from the hacking the wii scene for a while since 3.4E .
May i ask what do you mean by stub ios??
unsure.gif

A stub IOS just sits there and does nothing.

For example IOS 60 is used for system menu 4.1.
But the new system menu 4.2 uses IOS 70 instead. So if you upgrade the old IOS 60 is no longer needed and is replaced by a stub to release some space on the wii.

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The SD Card menu on Wii System Menu 4.2 always freezes on me when I try to access it. Is it because of the Hackmii installer I didn't take off the card yet or something? Or there's another reason? Anyways, if somebody knows, please help. =[

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eichro said:
The SD Card menu on Wii System Menu 4.2 always freezes on me when I try to access it. Is it because of the Hackmii installer I didn't take off the card yet or something? Or there's another reason? Anyways, if somebody knows, please help. =[

Bannerbomb, aktn folder in your private folder. Delete it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
Satangel said:
Satangel said:
Zalda said:
what happened to that thing where you could start .wad's file straight from your SD card?

Would like to know this too actually. I don't know the name of it anymore, else I would Google.

Just found it out myself, it's called Triiforce.
perhaps you want this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184568

Thank you very much, I may indeed want that. I'll check out the regular Triiforce first, I'll see how bad it is
tongue.gif

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD card slot is broken. So I'm going to send my Wii in for repairs. But, because I have the HBC and all these Mios and cios and junk on my Wii, will they do anything to it? I can't make a virgin wii because I can't run apps because my SD slot is broken... what should I do to my wii?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Awesome turtwig said:
My SD card slot is broken. So I'm going to send my Wii in for repairs. But, because I have the HBC and all these Mios and cios and junk on my Wii, will they do anything to it? I can't make a virgin wii because I can't run apps because my SD slot is broken... what should I do to my wii?
HBC can load apps of USB too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?