Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

arek920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS53-64-v4113.wad installs just fine. This is the wad my friend gave me. I am so confused on how this one installs perfectly but the others dont.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

rest_easy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so my brother just got a wii and it has system menu 3.4U and is LU111 etc.

I've had a wii for over a year and have run the twilight hack, downgraded from 3.4 (which was upgraded from 3.2 before I knew all this) and installed usb loader and starfall (which I recently read is outdated with preloader).

So my question is can I hack his wii too AND downgrade to 3.2 just as I did mine?
Also is bannerbomb what I'd use or should I stick to the twilight hack?
And cios_fix?
Thank you.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rest_easy said:

I've had a wii for over a year and have run the twilight hack, downgraded from 3.4 (which was upgraded from 3.2 before I knew all this) and installed usb loader and starfall (which I recently read is outdated with preloader).

So my question is can I hack his wii too AND downgrade to 3.2 just as I did mine?
And cios_fix?
Thank you.

Bannerbomb will do fine. Also get BootMii. I'll bet you install it fully based on that serial #.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question about how to recover from brick a wii.

I have bootmii install on boot2, softmodded wii and I backed up my nand. If I accidentally brick my wii. I files do I need to unbrick my wii.
This is where I'm confused.

I wanted to create detail instructions on how to unbrick my wii. Just incase.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
arek920 said:
IOS53-64-v4113.wad installs just fine. This is the wad my friend gave me. I am so confused on how this one installs perfectly but the others dont.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

That is an official non-fake signed IOS, and it can be installed even if you have no cIOS installed...!!
wink.gif

QUOTEok, so my brother just got a wii and it has system menu 3.4U and is LU111 etc.

And cios_fix?
Thank you.

Well if you downgraded from 3.4 to 3.2, and your brother's Wii has 3.4 and you want it on 3.2, then yes exactly the same as you did with yours, twilight hack and bannerbomb will work OK, it is just a matter of likes, cIOS_fix is waaaaaay outdated, after yo install it, run the cIOS36_r10 installer...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
onneeye said:
Question about how to recover from brick a wii.

I have bootmii install on boot2, softmodded wii and I backed up my nand. If I accidentally brick my wii. I files do I need to unbrick my wii.
This is where I'm confused.

I wanted to create detail instructions on how to unbrick my wii. Just incase.

just put the file "nand.bin" where it was after the dump with bootmii, and then access the bootmii menu and select restore NAND, that is all..!
smile.gif

rest_easy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ecw said:
rest_easy said:

And cios_fix?
Thank you.

Bannerbomb will do fine. Also get BootMii. I'll bet you install it fully based on that serial #.

great thanks!
So it's safe to downgrade to 3.2 then?

Also, should I install bootmii (using hackmii) along with starfall? or just use hackmii/bootmii

phantomatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys,

couple of questions.

I've recently upgraded my gecko OS to 1.9.0.1 and am curious about the elf/dol loading feature. how exactly do i access it?

annnnd. I want to play punch out, but am afraid of upgrading up to 4.0. I'm not a big user of homebrew, wiiware or anything. what exactly am I going to lose out on if i upgrade. Whille I've searched the forums, the methods of upgrading to 4.0 'safely' seem rather complicated (for one i'm lazy, another i'm pretty careless and am kinda afraid of messing everything up).

There are probably tons of threads on this, but everyone gets hammered for asking questions like this...
What should i do before upgrading if i dont intend on using much homebrew (besides gecko os)

Thanks.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well about GeckOS I really don't know cause I don't use it, and about punch out, it has the 3.4 update, not the 4.0, and if you install IOS53 and then brickblock it, it will work just fine...!!
smile.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantomatt said:
hey guys,

couple of questions.

I've recently upgraded my gecko OS to 1.9.0.1 and am curious about the elf/dol loading feature. how exactly do i access it?

annnnd. I want to play punch out, but am afraid of upgrading up to 4.0. I'm not a big user of homebrew, wiiware or anything. what exactly am I going to lose out on if i upgrade. Whille I've searched the forums, the methods of upgrading to 4.0 'safely' seem rather complicated (for one i'm lazy, another i'm pretty careless and am kinda afraid of messing everything up).

There are probably tons of threads on this, but everyone gets hammered for asking questions like this...
What should i do before upgrading if i dont intend on using much homebrew (besides gecko os)

Thanks.

I just updated back to 4.0 with waninkoko's updater, and can say, if you do it right, punch out will work fine.
Wish I could be more help, but this is all new to me. just wanted to confirm that game for ya!

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantomatt said:
hey guys,

couple of questions.

Thanks.
You won't lose out on anything by upgrading. Install BootMii and make a backup of your NAND before doing anything else. If you can't install BootMii into boot2, you should also install preloader. At this point you're pretty much unbrickable (as in you can always restore your Wii).

megamaan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
SublimeAndEtc said:
megamaan said:
Noob question 2:

If I want to softmod my 4.0 Wii (downgrade and cIOS files etc.), can I first install Bootmii 0.2 to boot2? Then I could recover almost virgin Wii if necessary? Is there any disadvantages with this idea? Because I have been reading several softmod 4.0 guides, and I haven't found any guide with this option. Some recommend preloader 0.29 to be installed after all softmodding is completed.
Installing BootMii (to boot2 if possible) and making a backup of your NAND as soon as possible is advised. If you have BootMii on boot2, I don't think preloader has much use. If you have to install BootMii to an IOS, then you should definitely get Preloader.

Thanks for the information. Actually I'm wondering, if there is any conflict when Bootmii is installed before downgrading and installing ios60wad etc? Because I understood, that if preloader is installed before IOS60 patched is installed, there will be fixable brick?

DJMOJO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i just bought 2 SDHC cards 8 gigs each. i put about 5.9 gigs worth of stuff on there and i have been having wierd issues with them. they were both working just fine when i first used them. i installed bootmii and now the usb card i was using stoped being able to be read by the wii. homebrew doesnt see apps that i have on the sd card.

the other one works but will work when i try using wad manager 1.3 it gives error ret = -1... it seems as tho SDHC works on some aps and on others not at all... what am i doing wrong here...

EddyWally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi!
I'm on a PAL wii 4.0E (safe update)
I used waninkoko's 4.0 installer
I installed preloader 0.29.
I enabeled "removie diagnosic disk check'.

But my wii still can't read the backup (animal crossing wii), but he did read it on 3.2E.
What's the problem? I have BOOTMII, Preloader and softmii (and cIOSCORP) installed.

Thanks
smile.gif

Distahs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif

Ok every game that I have tried ether locks up after 10 mins or will not load
at all resetting the wii. Also every ISO is only of games that I installed with
my discs. I have retried formatting and reinstalling the games to no avail even
tried another HDD.
Swapping USB ports didn't help either.

Specs:
Wii F/W: 4.0
USA
HDD: 1TB WDH1U10000N
Loaders: 1.1, 1.5, 1.0 Gx, Uloader, 4.7
cIOS: 222, 249,
V09, v10, v11

If anyone is willing to help pleas email me at
biohazard_65(at)yahoo(dot)com
hate2.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
megamaan said:
QUOTE said:
Installing BootMii (to boot2 if possible) and making a backup of your NAND as soon as possible is advised. If you have BootMii on boot2, I don't think preloader has much use. If you have to install BootMii to an IOS, then you should definitely get Preloader.

Thanks for the information. Actually I'm wondering, if there is any conflict when Bootmii is installed before downgrading and installing ios60wad etc? Because I understood, that if preloader is installed before IOS60 patched is installed, there will be fixable brick?

No bootmii as no conflicts doing up/downgrades as preloader does...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hey guys, I have a question.

Can I just use the system updates on hackmii (The ones for fixing Semi-bricks) to update my wii to 3.2?

Is there any risk of it going wrong?

Of course you can, just install the IOS30 before the SysMenu 3.2...!!
smile.gif

QUOTEHey guys i just bought 2 SDHC cards 8 gigs each. i put about 5.9 gigs worth of stuff on there and i have been having wierd issues with them. they were both working just fine when i first used them. i installed bootmii and now the usb card i was using stoped being able to be read by the wii. homebrew doesnt see apps that i have on the sd card.

the other one works but will work when i try using wad manager 1.3 it gives error ret = -1... it seems as tho SDHC works on some aps and on others not at all... what am i doing wrong here...

Well the SDHC supports was broken on HBC1.0.2 but it got fixed on the latest HBC1.0.3, wad manager still hasn't SDHC support, error -1 is when the app can't see your files in the SD, but maybe the WiiPower's version of Wad Manager has the SDHC support, check on his topics and download the Wad Manager IOS Selectable....!!
smile.gif

Hi!
I'm on a PAL wii 4.0E (safe update)
I used waninkoko's 4.0 installer
I installed preloader 0.29.
I enabeled "removie diagnosic disk check'.

But my wii still can't read the backup (animal crossing wii), but he did read it on 3.2E.
What's the problem? I have BOOTMII, Preloader and softmii (and cIOSCORP) installed.

Thanks
smile.gif

Mmmm......disable any region free hacks on preloader, and that "diagnostic check" too, on 3.2 I remember that any hack about region free make the wii wont read any backup at all, if not, then check if you have the IOS38 installed, and what exactly is the problem..?? black screen..??

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Distahs said:
hate2.gif

Ok every game that I have tried either locks up after 10 mins or will not load
at all resetting the wii. Also every ISO is only of games that I installed with
my discs. I have retried formatting and reinstalling the games to no avail even
tried another HDD.
Swapping USB ports didn't help either.

Specs:
Wii F/W: 4.0
USA
HDD: 1TB WDH1U10000N
Loaders: 1.1, 1.5, 1.0 Gx, Uloader, 4.7
cIOS: 222, 249,
V09, v10, v11

If anyone is willing to help pleas email me at
biohazard_65(at)yahoo(dot)com
hate2.gif

Use the Loader configurable by Oggzee, with cIOS249_r10, and disconect any other USB on the Wii (wiimote charger, cooler, LAN-USB, etc etc etc...) if the problem persist, then you may need to switch off the spindown function on the HDD...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: holy shit hololive night at the stadium korone would love this