Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now will it take the files? if not, try formatting it to FAT....

will it take any file form anywhere else on the computer? do you have a camera that uses SD? will it allow the camera to save a photo to it....?

do you have the SD card locked??? (the little slide switch thing on the side of the card)

what exactly have you tried to fix the problem?

if the card is dead, you need a new card; if the computer's dead, you're gonna have to fix it or use someone else's (getting a new one would likely work too)....

Munson_Jason08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it is unlocked.

yes the card takes other files from computer.

yes it save photos from camara.

i well try just FAT

what is the differance betweein FAT and FAT32

Munson_Jason08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are exactly right i can move any file from my comp to the SD card but i can not move and in the 'COPY_TO_SD' file to the SD card.

i have tried this with 3 diff. SD cards

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never heard of anything so crazy in my life....

...do this: delete the 'COPY_TO_SD'...rerun Modmii...

i'm gonna assume that something got corrupted in the process of Modmii doing its thing and while the MBR says it's there, the data is actually gone....if this is the case, it may be an indication you have some unmapped bad sectors on your computer hard drive...

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Munson_Jason08 said:
so i was wondering when i am wanting to load and play games on an External Hard Drive what is the process of doing so?

Thank You
Since you have used ModMii before (assuming you have overcome you SD card issue) you can use ModMii to install a USB Loader too. The how-tos of USB Loading has been simplified to an art. To learn all you need to know about USB Loading, I recommend reading the USB Loader chapter of the Complete SoftMod Guide, created by the GBATemp crew.

-[]D

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 questions, should be fairly simple I think.

The first one is I am trying to figure out which version of DVDX to install so I can play PS1 ISO's from a DVD using WiiSX. I looked on the HBC browser and theirs 2 versions available, and I'm not sure which one I need.

Secondly, just for completions sake, I ran a SysCheck of my Wii and wanted to post it here to see if it looks okay to everyone else. This is with DarkCorp installed, and so far everything seems to be working fine but I just wanted to know if there was anything I should fix up that might cause an issue for something else later.

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 65535).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: (removed this, don't think it's important anyway)
Boot2 v3

Found 90 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS40 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS43 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS45 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS46 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS48 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS60 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v5
MIOS v4

Report generated on 2011/01/28.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does WiiSX need DVDx to play games from a DVD? anyway, get the latest (3.4, released on 18 Feb 2009 according to the homebrew browser). Do you know how to put the iso's on? It has to be a data disk, and then you can just copy ISO's anywhere on to that disc.

As for your syscheck, it looks fine, but Darkcorp really is not recommended. It causes bricks and other problems. USB loading is far better anyway, or just use neogamma for disk loading.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know how to create the ISO data discs, and yes as far as I am aware WiiSX requires DVDX2 to read ISO's from a DVD.

I have been using DarkCorp for a long time, and so far have never had a single problem. My console runs everything fine as far as I can tell. Retail discs and backups without problems directly from the disc channel.

The main reason I posted the SysCheck report was because I was curious if I was missing any, or had any odd ones. Also, as far as I know I can always manually install all the original IOS files should I ever want to get rid of DarkCorp. So far I have not found a found a reason to want to get rid of it though.

What types of bricks and "other problems" have you heard that it causes? Just curious so I can watch for them.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not really sure what section to ask this in, so I'll just ask here, When you make a forwarder channel with customizemii, what IOS should you use for the startup IOS?

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey everyone!

I'm a total noob, i can't get the last story to work, i don't know what to do now, at the beginning of the game after i move a few steps the game freezes up completely, makes my wii make this weird clicking sound, then gives me an error message "an error has occurred, please remove disc".
every other game works fine i guess, how can i fix this?
I have a hardmodded wii, used neogama to launch it.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a surefire way to determine the version of Wii console by looking at the console itself without turning it on? I'm curious to know if there is a way to tell rather or not a Wii can have BootMii installed as boot2, and if it can read DVD's or not by looking at it.

I know the Black and Red ones can't read DVD's and can't have BootMii as boot2. I heard that some of the older white ones can't as well though, and I was curious if there is a way to tell them apart. Thanks. I want to buy another Wii for parts just in case for the future.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
you MIGHT be able to figure it out via the Wii's serial # and this database
http://www.wiidrives.com/list
Thanks, sadly I don't understand how to read that list at all. Was there a specific date cutoff maybe when the Wii's were changed to be unable to have boot2 used or read DVD's? Maybe a rough percentage of white Wii's that can and can't read DVD's or use boot2? Kinda curious if I should just take my chances and buy a white one and hope it works, or if there might be a better way to scope one of them out. I really doubt people on eBay or craigslist or the like will just give me the serial number to look up.

daiuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the triforce channel?

I have a feeling it lets you load wiiware games and the like off your USB? If not how would I do this?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
M.Prower said:
XFlak said:
you MIGHT be able to figure it out via the Wii's serial # and this database
http://www.wiidrives.com/list
Thanks, sadly I don't understand how to read that list at all. Was there a specific date cutoff maybe when the Wii's were changed to be unable to have boot2 used or read DVD's? Maybe a rough percentage of white Wii's that can and can't read DVD's or use boot2? Kinda curious if I should just take my chances and buy a white one and hope it works, or if there might be a better way to scope one of them out. I really doubt people on eBay or craigslist or the like will just give me the serial number to look up.
You would actually be surprised how stupid people wanting to make a sale are.
I had a scam going a few years back where it required me to get microsoft product id's as in the ones which are indivual to each piece of hardware. Managed to get bloody loads by just emailing people selling ms keyboards and mice and saying, Hi ms had a bad batch of these keyboards where the something stops working. I just want to check it isn't from that batch so could you please send me the product id located on the sticker underneath the keyboard.
smile.gif

Do the same, people are sure to tell you as they want to sell their item and you've taken interest

steveg78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noob here .whos gonna help me .... i got 4.3E and im in the middle off the bathax
biggrin.gif
i just installed the HBC and now i dont know what todo
frown.gif
what i mean is i have got an option to install bootmii...
what is boot me apart from makeing ur wii almost brick proof also should i instal it ? what one do i instal ? options are instal bootmii as boot2 or instal bootmii as IOS ????? not sure what to do now help please
smile.gif
no mumbo jumbo just straight instructions would be GD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1