Hacking Noob, need help working R4 revolution for DS please!

movieguy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello im 100% new to hacking game systems. ive never used a rom or a flashcart. this is my first time please be patient and understanding.

i just got my r4 revolution ds flashcart. i also have a 4gig micro memory card. now im trying to play the pokemon white delux game on my ds. but idk how...

i downloaded the patch for the pokemon white game.
i downloaded the rom for pokemon white (eu version, i think i got the correct one)
i patched the pokemon white delux patch correctly i think onto the rom.

i loaded the card into the cart and then into my ds and the screen just says loading thats all....

what did i do wrong?
what all needs to be on the memory card?
any other things i should have done??

please help
frown.gif

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
u have to enter to ttds forum in retro game fan and download the latest ysmenu and se what is ur flashcard and that will work =)
if u power on the ds and stay in loading that means then u have other filmware u have to enter into the http of ur flashcard (in the the box) and then download the real filmware an when work u put the ysmenu =)

movieguy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sounded completely foreign to me :/....im sorry lol but im not very savvy at this can you explain better please sorry...i appreciate the help but more descriptive would be great please.

movieguy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont understand the woodr4 or the ttds or the ysmenu or how to use them.

i tried downloading or clicking the link for the ysmenu but it just keeps going back to the same page -.-

i for sure do not know how to get into the http of my flashcard....

ugh im getting a headace lol....please help with detailed answers please please!!!
smile.gif

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, original R4s like yours can only take Micro SD cards that are non-SDHC. Usually, cards over 2gb are SDHC except for a few rare 4gb Micro SD cards.

You have to put firmware onto the card as well. It's like the operating system of a computer. Because you have an original R4, you can use a firmware called Wood R4. Download it from here. You will need winrar to open the file that is downloaded from there, and you can download it from here.

When you extract the .rar file, you will get a folder called "Wood_R4_v*VERSION NUMBER*". Open this and you will find a folder called "_rpg", a file called "_DS_MENU.DAT", and two text files called "changelog.txt" and "readme.txt". You do not need changelog.txt or readme.txt.

Now open up your Micro SD in your computer. Do not go into any folders once you have opened the Micro SD in the computer. You are where you need to be.

Drag and drop _rpg and _DS_MENU.DAT into the Micro SD window. After that, safely remove your Micro SD from the computer and put it into your R4. It should work now.

If not, please come back and specify the exact problems you may be having. I hope this helped!

By the way, a flash cart doesn't hack a system. It only bypasses any protection that usually prevents you from playing pirated games.

movieguy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you for being specific! I'll try soon I have to install security cameras at my mothers shop. I'll let you know!!!
smile.gif
thanks

Kodesmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything that you did to get it to work that hasnt been said yet?
I have the same flashcart but when i install wood I get white screens on all games, not just pokemon.
Anyone know whats wrong?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Kodesmack said:
Is there anything that you did to get it to work that hasnt been said yet?
I have the same flashcart but when i install wood I get white screens on all games, not just pokemon.
Anyone know whats wrong?
You SURE it's the same cart, and not one of the possibly hundreds of R4-named clones?

Kodesmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snap, I was wrong. This is my flashcart
2009_2_26_24420_0846.jpg

Which r4 is this? I've tried a lot of different firmwares for it but the only one that will load games without white screens is the R4 Kernel v1.18.

liewhl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fyi, R4sdhc is a DSTT clone it is a fake r4. you need a DSTT kernal. YSMENU and retroman kernal in the DSTT page work too

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
liewhl said:
fyi, R4sdhc is a DSTT clone it is a fake r4. you need a DSTT kernal. YSMENU and retroman kernal in the DSTT page work too
Let me clarify this.

The firmware you want is RetroGameFan's YSMenu. Not regular YSMenu, as the regular version hasn't been updated for two years.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Kodesmack said:
When I try DSTT it cant find the _ds_menu.dat
Lemme try Retrogamefans and see what happens
That's because even though it's a DSTT clone, it was built based on R4's firmware as well, meaning it requires _DS_MENU.DAT. If you have to choose which flash card you're using, pick R4.

Kodesmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all the instructions in the Retrogamefan .rar. Im getting black screens on startup. Did I get the wrong file?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kodesmack said:
I followed all the instructions in the Retrogamefan .rar. Im getting black screens on startup. Did I get the wrong file?
I'm not sure which one you used. I think this is the one you're supposed to be using: R4SDHC v1.34 - www.r4sdhc.com -> Just copy files (Use R4SDHC folder)

It's auto-boot, so remove any components of the old firmware and put everything in R4SDHC folder into your micro SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU