ROM Hack NOOB FRIENDLY Guide: AC:NH Easter Event manual unlock.

• Thread starter vree
  • Start date
  • Views 78,067
  • Replies 173
  • Likes 6

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the NHSE github it has all the BCAT flags for this update.
May Day, Bride Day, International Museum Day
All three are BCAT events and require BCAT flags from flag 001 to 004 which is different from easter's 000. So unfortunately these events won't run AT ALL on Emulators (Ryujinx, Yuzu) unless more save file research is done and all hacked switches must inject the BCAT flag as before with 3 new BCAT flags.

Ok to make it clear for everyone:

April 23 - May 4: Nature Day (NO BCAT FLAG NEEDED, just install the 1.2.0 update)

Hemisphere: North and South

What is it? One of the originally confirmed Animal Crossing: New Horizons events is Earth Day, or as it's known now Nature Day. In real life, this event takes place on April 22, but in New Horizons this event runs from April 23 to May 4.

Things to watch out for: During this event, you'll be able to tick off special Nature Day themed Noook Miles challenges that are focused on nature-inpsired goals, like planting trees and watering flowers.

No doubt it will also tie into the arrival of Lief's Garden Shop too. The nature-loving sloth will start visiting your island regularly to sell an assortment of foliage, and flower seeds too.

May 1 - 7: May Day Tour (NEEDS BCAT FLAG)

What is it? The first week of May is now known as the May Day Tour in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which will earn you a special May Day Ticket to use at the airport.

Things to watch out for: During this period, you'll be able to use a one-time use May Day Ticket at the airport to fly over to a special May Day island. There's a special visitor there, items to collect, and a maze to navigate by the looks of things too.

May 18 - 31: International Museum Day (NEEDS BCAT FLAG)

What is it? It might sound like a 24-hour event, but International Museum Day is a celebration of Blathers' museum that runs across almost two full weeks.

Things to watch out for: You'll receive a special Stamp Card that you can complete by viewing fish, insects and fossils at the museum. You'll get an in-game reward for completing them all.

Handily, the museum will have had an upgrade by then, with an art gallery added that you can fill with painting and sculptures. And yes, Redd is back too.

June 1 - 30: Wedding Season (NEEDS BCAT FLAG)

What is it? A whole month to celebrate weddings and nuptials in New Horizons.

Things to watch out for: Head over to Harvey's island in June to meet Reese and Cyrus, who are celebrating their wedding anniversary. Help them take photos to mark the occasion, and you'll get wedding-themed items as a reward.

Last edited by vree,

brettsmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the NHSE github it has all the BCAT flags for this update.
May Day, Bride Day, International Museum Day
All three are BCAT events and require BCAT flags from flag 001 to 004 which is different from easter's 000. So unfortunately these events won't run AT ALL on Emulators (Ryujinx, Yuzu) unless more save file research is done and all hacked switches must inject the BCAT flag as before with 3 new BCAT flags.
Do you mean these BCAT's are available already?

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Some say they are already on github. I don't seem to find the right directory for now. Anyway it doesn't matter because It's agains the rules to share them here. Everyone will need to find them on their own. But believe me the closser we get to the event the more spread the files will be on the internet.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some say they are already on github. I don't seem to find the right directory for now. Anyway it doesn't matter because It's agains the rules to share them here. Everyone will need to find them on their own. But believe me the closser we get to the event the more spread the files will be on the internet.
I don't think they're available yet because inside the romfs there's a romfs\Bcsv\EventFlagsBcatParam.bcsv and only the 000 flag is in there. Of course, I can't check because I only use emus so although I assume that the bcat flag structure is basically the same as all those that have gone before with _000 changed to whatever number is required from nhse I can't test

Reactions: vree

wozt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, do i have to update incrementally by doing all update one by one or can i just do the lastest ?

Alree

Trophies
XP
Country
France
May 1 - 7: May Day Tour (NEEDS BCAT FLAG)
What is it? The first week of May is now known as the May Day Tour in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which will earn you a special May Day Ticket to use at the airport.
Things to watch out for: During this period, you'll be able to use a one-time use May Day Ticket at the airport to fly over to a special May Day island. There's a special visitor there, items to collect, and a maze to navigate by the looks of things too.

Sure ? cause the island is already here
e8szhc0ntru41.png

Reactions: RichKK

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone have the new Bcat flag ?

The BCAT files are out. But you can't post them here. Search certain subreddits or discords.

Tested the latest BCAT and got 1.2.0a. Everything installed fine using the instructions from the original post.

Using:
-Atmosphere
-Firmware 9.1.0

Sure ? cause the island is already here

The BCAT needs to be updated for version 1.2.0a to show up.
And that triggers the event. Just tested it, so yes I'm sure.

Last edited by vree,

igromanru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Me and many other guys from some discord servers got the problem that it doesn't work not matter what we do.
I got Bunny event BCAT running on the first try and I'm generally 99% sure that I'm doing anything right.
Beside the posted guide here I tried any possible combination of files together, nothing works for me.
I'm on 9.2 and Atmos 0.10.5, but I doubt that it matters.

Last edited by igromanru,

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Me and many other guys from some discord servers got the problem that it doesn't work not matter what we do.
I got Bunny event BCAT running on the first try and I'm generally 99% sure that I'm doing anything right.
Beside the posted guide here I tried any possible combination of files together, nothing works for me.
I'm on 9.2 and Atmos 0.10.5, but I doubt that it matters.

Yeah I had issues when I followed the instructions that where with the files. Tried the original ones here and it worked.

So yeah no clue. Also For what it's worth a linked nintendo account is NOT needed.

RoseFR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey y'all!
I have tried this step by step (extra cautious noob speaking here lol) and it didn't work.

Is there anything else I can try?
(Emunand SXOS on 9.2 here without linked account).

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey y'all!
I have tried this step by step (extra cautious noob speaking here lol) and it didn't work.

Is there anything else I can try?
(Emunand SXOS on 9.2 here without linked account).

For now there isn't if you did exactly as stated it should have worked. But there are other people with the same issue. Only thing you can do is wait untill someone can figure it out or try again.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am not a noob by any stretch of the imagination, and man, this really isn't working for me on latest Atmos and FW 10. Will wait until someone figures out WTF is wrong with the process.

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now I have 1.2.0a ver hehe so it worked, right?

mayBcrayZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don’t know if this helps searching for a solution but I do recall when using version 1.2.0 for the first time it gave me a prompt that it’s updating my save game files! Could there be a patch by nin.?

xmun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Not exactly a noob and followed the instructions to the letter. Still stuck on ver 1.2.0. Also tried many different suggestions but nothing seems to be working.

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not a noob by any stretch of the imagination, and man, this really isn't working for me on latest Atmos and FW 10. Will wait until someone figures out WTF is wrong with the process.

The progress works for most, but for some it doesn't no clue why though.

Well, now I have 1.2.0a ver hehe so it worked, right?

Yes then you did it correctly and it works!

I don’t know if this helps searching for a solution but I do recall when using version 1.2.0 for the first time it gave me a prompt that it’s updating my save game files! Could there be a patch by nin.?

1.2.0 update did that save file update. Not the bcat files.

This guide only says to use "directories" folder.. what are all other files for that come in the BCAT?

Non needed files from an official dump. Like Nintendo ID stuff and so on.

Not exactly a noob and followed the instructions to the letter. Still stuck on ver 1.2.0. Also tried many different suggestions but nothing seems to be working.

Yeah only thing you can do is try again or wait untill someone figures out why it doesn't work for some.

Last edited by vree,
Reactions: Mizo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1