Nomura Open To Developing TWEWY Sequel

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just woke up. And saw this thread. You should've seen my face. Now that i drank some milk. I'm good to post my thoughts.

I think this could be a 50-50. Good thing would be that this gameplay doesn't die. I loved TWEWY's gameplay. Honestly. But if they don't incorporate new features that keeps it a fresh release and not just a boring sequel with only new stories/characters. It would end up like FF.

Also, i can just already imagine adult versions of Neku and the gang.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jan777 said:
I only enjoyed the story of the game.

It was like you needed an extra hand and eye to play properly.
laugh.gif

my partner was constantly on auto, but it didn't detract from the fun. i'm gripped by the story (i was basically crying when this snot kid turns out to be my next partner after getting used to shiki)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I enjoyed the first one quite a bit, but I just got confused after the end. What really happened? Ugh.

A sequel that really explains more would be great. Or maybe I'm just thinking of the wrong game.
unsure.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Guild McCommunist said:
I didn't think the first one was good enough to deserve a sequel. It's basically a lot of novelty Japanese stuff and a crappy battle system. It's one of the few games I'll debate to hell and back that it's not good. But for the sake of here I won't.

This. word for fucking word, except I will openly say it. I played through the game, collected most of the badges, lol'd at the contrived ending, and walked away from it feeling like it was a waste of time. It's 100% pure fanservice in more than one area, pandering to weeaboos, and the kind of people who actually like the Kingdom Hearts games.

There, I said it.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Not bad, not bad. I wouldn't mind a TWEWY sequel at all. The gameplay was fun as heck, and mind-blowingly deep. The battle system is pretty much an acquired taste, and it was hard as heck, in my opinion.

Wait... "Acquired taste Battle System?" "Hard as heck (in my opinion)?" It's Kingdom Hearts all over again! Andif history repeats itself, that means the sequel will be all fan service and be immensely easy.

dudeonline said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I didn't think the first one was good enough to deserve a sequel. It's basically a lot of novelty Japanese stuff and a crappy battle system. It's one of the few games I'll debate to hell and back that it's not good. But for the sake of here I won't.

This. word for fucking word, except I will openly say it. I played through the game, collected most of the badges, lol'd at the contrived ending, and walked away from it feeling like it was a waste of time. It's 100% pure fanservice in more than one area, pandering to weeaboos, and the kind of people who actually like the Kingdom Hearts games.

There, I said it.

I get what you're saying.

However, the Squenix fans aren't so understanding. You'd better run. Now.

QUOTE(mezut360 @ Aug 9 2010, 02:28 AM)
I was eating cerial then i saw this then the food in my mouth fell out then i showed it to my friend and he scream yeah he

...Huh???
blink.gif

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reasons to make a TWEWY sequel:
- fanboys will love it
- gives square-enix some room for massive improvisations
- it'll prob sell more copies than the number of units PSP sells in a month, and that's considering it'll prob be roaming the interwebs as a rom before it even releases.
- coz the world hasn't ended yet (terrible, terrible pun)
- this ensures everyone, their mothers, their grandmothers and their primate ancestors HAVE to get a DS.
- coz they prob will anyway

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
no sequel if it means continuing storyline...but if it has a similar pattern then it would be worth on the 3ds (like final fantasies or LoZ partially and not like PW)

well if everyone were to like a game then there wouldnt be different consoles and companies and games (talking about diversity)

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the rules of the TWEWY universe, the game can take place just about anywhere in the world, so there is potential for an unlimited amount of sequels all representing different sessions of the Reaper's Game. Because of this, while I wouldn't mind a TWEWY sequel, I do agree that it shouldn't be a direct continuation following Neku and the others and should have a completely new cast, and take place in a different part of the world.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with demonic about how the story should take place, but then again, the reaper game was made to destroy Shibuya right? But they are in the UG and i am pretty sure there is a UG world not just a city. I don't know why people don't like this game. Doesn't anyone play games for the story anymore?! TWEWY had a wonderful story about friendship and trust! Also shinigami about your pun the original game title is called What a Beautiful World. Lol i wonder how the hell they changed the title so much!

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gamefreak94 said:
Also shinigami about your pun the original game title is called What a Beautiful World. Lol i wonder how the hell they changed the title so much!

i just got pwned
tpi.gif

anyway, i'm hoping against hope they release a sequel that gives the original justice. any unique idea should be given at least a chance to show how much it can change the landscape of gaming, IMHO

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gamefreak94 said:
I agree with demonic about how the story should take place, but then again, the reaper game was made to destroy Shibuya right? But they are in the UG and i am pretty sure there is a UG world not just a city. I don't know why people don't like this game. Doesn't anyone play games for the story anymore?! TWEWY had a wonderful story about friendship and trust! Also shinigami about your pun the original game title is called What a Beautiful World. Lol i wonder how the hell they changed the title so much!
Actually it was "It's a wonderful world" not 'beautiful'. And they changed it due to licensing issues.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gamefreak94 said:
the reaper game was made to give people who died a 2nd chance.
joshua noticed though that the city was growing "boring" and wanted to wipe it off the face of the earth or something like that.
for that, he "drafted"(killed) neku, to try and confirm if shibuya was indeed becoming too messed up.
the twewy world certainly has room for sequals.
many other cities have reaper games, and their own composer to create different stories.
and there are still more planes of existence to explore (only 2.5 are explored, with 3.5 known, RG=1, UG=1, noise=0.5, and the angel's plane is mentioned in the secret reports)

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely needs a sequel!!!
Hopefully featuring all the characters from the first one.

I reckon they probably would include a story about the Angel Plane this time

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
banditkeith said:
Definitely needs a sequel!!!
Hopefully featuring all the characters from the first one.

I reckon they probably would include a story about the Angel Plane this time

Why would you want to see the characters from the first game tacked on to the second?

I'd much rather see a bunch of new faces and a fresh story. The story would probably be crap if they tried to incorporate the main characters of TWEWY.

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nomura didnt really say anything about the 3DS, youre just assuming but anyway

They do have several settings for the story

-Another UG

-The Angel Plane

-(The one i just made up)A fallen angel, then the boss fights are other angels trying to erase you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone