Emulation No wii U dedicated emulators for wii U?

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Funny thing is, we don't even need full iOSU access to get emulators up and running, we just need more people to hop on board and help out.

Given that there are emulators on the way, we need to be patient and supportive and help in any way we can.
Yeah guess youre right , lets help them in anyway we can and hope that wii u homebrew can shine like wii`s :P

Last edited by Wishi,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's funny considering how much sh*t you threw against emukidid and his team in emulatemii and gc forever about Wii64 emulator. But idk maybe after all, you have changed :P

*Sigh* That's a chapter in my life I'm trying to learn from and truly forgive myself for, and be forgiven from, I guess some people still don't like me :( I want to help and do something to help along the Wii U homebrew scene, you know?

While us programmers can handle coding, in order to create a good program, we will also need beta testers, graphic/interface designers and, in terms of games, ideas for actual game mechanics. Not sure about others, but I'm not the most creative person in the world.

Some of us devs have also been listening to the community, and (when I have time) I have offered to make a GamePad2PC sort of thing (like USendMii, but native) and an un-archiving utility (using the Wii U's built in zip utils)

I suppose that's fair enough, I wish I knew programming as well as you guys did, but by the time I get good at it, the NX will likely be cracked open and people will be programming emulators for that j/k :P But seriously, if you need someone to test, that's okay by me.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about retroarch on the wii u through vwii? Does that work?

I tried with multiple wii retroarch folders last night and all of them would crash and leave the screen black. Tried deleting all the files in the retroarch folder and renaming just the core I wanted to use to "boot.dol"...seemed to work and it created a "retroarch" folder at the root of my drive but won't load any roms...just black screen. Would love to play some of these roms with fbalpha with friends on the wii u.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes we really do.

I know I said this in my message to you, but figure I'll just make it public: I do music, graphics, web design, C#, java, and a little C/C++. If anyone needs graphics, or a Windows program, or websites, or music composition or recording... I'm your guy. I just don't have time to dedicate to learning Wii U C/C++ programming right now. Working two jobs, school, homework, girlfriend and friends. Once I get done with one of my jobs, which is currently more of a database freelance project, I'll have time to dedicate here again past just making posts.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
What about retroarch on the wii u through vwii? Does that work?

I tried with multiple wii retroarch folders last night and all of them would crash and leave the screen black. Tried deleting all the files in the retroarch folder and renaming just the core I wanted to use to "boot.dol"...seemed to work and it created a "retroarch" folder at the root of my drive but won't load any roms...just black screen. Would love to play some of these roms with fbalpha with friends on the wii u.
I'm not a vWii guy, but I did put RetroArch on my real Wii back in the day and I had a huge amount of trouble getting fb alpha to work. Maybe try one of the other cores.
I belive I ended up downloading some beta files from the buildbot to get fb working. There was an issue on GitHub somewhere, that may be helpful.

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a vWii guy, but I did put RetroArch on my real Wii back in the day and I had a huge amount of trouble getting fb alpha to work. Maybe try one of the other cores.
I belive I ended up downloading some beta files from the buildbot to get fb working. There was an issue on GitHub somewhere, that may be helpful.

just now got it running. It ended up being some hidden files from OS X that was making the install hang up. Also, i had to boot games from my sd card, because booting them off my drive would make the wii freeze. Thought it would be fun to play some metal slug with friends...turns out there is a rom size limitation with neo geo games. Guess i'll have to get a copy of Metal Slug Anthology

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz