Hacking No matter what i try i keep getting C1-6703-6 error :(

warweeny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i have been out of the scene for quite a bit and after following the guidelines of the new vita stuff i wanted to try a game that required a firmware higher than 3.60 (i was told nonpdrm could help me with that) but to no avail. The game i try to play is digimon hackers memory.

I installed the plugins, but i am not sure if it actually works or not, i do not get a notification or anything.
I have the game bubble on my homescreen, but as soon as i want to start it i get the error mentioned in the title.

I use a 1st gen oled vita with custom firmware 3.60 *some japanese*-10.

If anyone could help me, i would really appreciate it :)

Reactions: alivebacon

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the error that occurs if henkaku isn't enabled or ensou isn't installed. I can't recall the exact number, but I know the four digit number starts with a 6.

Reactions: alivebacon

warweeny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sounds like the error that occurs if henkaku isn't enabled or ensou isn't installed. I can't recall the exact number, but I know the four digit number starts with a 6.

Both enso and henkaku are active, all my other games work fine, i have vitashell 1.9 too.
i even went as far to re-install enso, but to no avail.

Though i have to admit, the other games i tested were already working without enso.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might try putting the plugin and the config.txt on ur0:tai . also, you don't need a second kernel section. you also appear to be using an old adrenaline version using the easy creator game as a base.

warweeny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you might try putting the plugin and the config.txt on ur0:tai . also, you don't need a second kernel section. you also appear to be using an old adrenaline version using the easy creator game as a base.

Already ahead and also did that, still doesn't work, i use an official vita memory card so it would not affect me anyway.

"you also appear to be using an old adrenaline version using the easy creator game as a base"

You lost me here lol, what do i need to do then? xD

Also, i got these config files by default (minor the plugin lines)
What would a "regular" config file look like?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for your issue, delete the kernel section at the bottom. then, transfer the nonpdrm plugin and config.txt to ur0:tai . remember to change the location of nonpdrm in the config.txt file

warweeny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
for your issue, delete the kernel section at the bottom. then, transfer the nonpdrm plugin and config.txt to ur0:tai . remember to change the location of nonpdrm in the config.txt file

Do i need to delete evrything below the second KERNEL section as well? or just the KERNEL line and that is it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i literally did what you asked :P
Changed the config lines to ur0, still no dice

Line under kernel require a restart , have you done that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The version of Hackers Memory you are using is it a 3.60 maidump of 3.65 version of Hackers Memory?

Reactions: godreborn

warweeny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not sure then. I don't know the error that happens if nonpdrm isn't being detected as it's never happened to me.

According to the official post of the developer when i get that error i have now, he claims that it is a devkit, while it clearly is not since i bought it from the store in 2012 lol.

Is there a way to check if the plugin is active or not?

Alternatively could you post your config files and what files you have in said folder? i could copy that and see what happens.

Line under kernel require a restart , have you done that?

The version of Hackers Memory you are using is it a 3.60 maidump of 3.65 version of Hackers Memory?

I could not find a maidump version to be honest D: i got a nonpdrm version (if that makes sense)
It looks like what could be mai because all the files are in a folder. i also tried to install it through mai, but that spit an error out, so i figured it was something else.

I restarted the console of course when changing lines :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So pretty much none of what you did was actually related to your issue. I think godreborn sort of missed that A) You're on 3.60, and B) You're trying to use NoNpDRM to play a 3.61+ game on 3.60 (which doesn't work).

You can't start the game because your firmware version is too low. You need to get the Maidump version of the game that was patched for 3.60. The NoNpDRM version WILL NOT work on 3.60, since it's still encrypted. There are copies of the modified Mai dump in various places, so it's definitely out there, you just need to find and use that and not the NoNpDRM version.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could just update to 3.65 Enso as well and use the NoNpDRM version.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the official post of the developer when i get that error i have now, he claims that it is a devkit, while it clearly is not since i bought it from the store in 2012 lol.

Is there a way to check if the plugin is active or not?

Alternatively could you post your config files and what files you have in said folder? i could copy that and see what happens.

I could not find a maidump version to be honest D: i got a nonpdrm version (if that makes sense)
It looks like what could be mai because all the files are in a folder. i also tried to install it through mai, but that spit an error out, so i figured it was something else.

I restarted the console of course when changing lines :)

Nonpdrm version of Hacker memory doesnt work on 3.60, it requires 3.65, if you want to play nonpdrm version of 3.61 to 3.65 games you either have to find the maidump verision of that game or update to 3.65 using the Fl0w guide.

Last edited by Hayato213,

warweeny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So pretty much none of what you did was actually related to your issue. I think godreborn sort of missed that A) You're on 3.60, and B) You're trying to use NoNpDRM to play a 3.61+ game on 3.60 (which doesn't work).

You can't start the game because your firmware version is too low. You need to get the Maidump version of the game that was patched for 3.60. The NoNpDRM version WILL NOT work on 3.60, since it's still encrypted. There are copies of the modified Mai dump in various places, so it's definitely out there, you just need to find and use that and not the NoNpDRM version.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could just update to 3.65 Enso as well and use the NoNpDRM version.

Welp, i was then misunderstanding the whole nonpdrm thing then, it claimed (or so i thought) to make games work on lower formwares, yet it requires higher firmware.

Oh well, at least i have my system updated lol.

The 3.65 enso seemed a bit risky (probably not THAT risky, but i rather not take any chances) and seeing digimon was the only game i actually wanted to play that needs a higher firmware, i'll stick with what i have now (since there is a low chance of new games coming out that also come to the vita this time around)

Thank you everyone for the comments!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure where you saw the claim that it allowed higher firmware games to work on lower firmware games, as right on the Github page it states:

This software WILL NOT
  • Allow modifications to your games/applications.
  • Work with PFS decrypted content (such as games dumped using applications such as Vitamin or MaiDumpTool).
  • Enable you to run applications/use content without a valid license or a fake license file.
  • Work with PlayStation Portable or PlayStation 1 titles (should you wish to play such titles, you may want to look into the Adrenaline software).
  • Work with applications that only run on firmware 3.61 or later.
But regardless, that's not how it works. NoNpDRM just bypasses DRM for games, it doesn't decrypt them (like Maidump or Vitamin does). If the game is signed to work on a higher firmware only, then only that higher firmware can play them. Since 3.65 Enso came out, we could then bypass the DRM for 3.65 games (since we have native Vita access), but that doesn't allow them to work on lower firmware games because they're still encrypted. This is why a modified Maidump allows higher firmware games to be playable on lower firmwares, as they're decrypting the games on 3.65, which essentially removes that firmware restriction so they're playable on <3.65 firmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7