Hacking No end of USB Loader GX problems.

Carter0108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll start from the beginning...

I followed quite an old guide to Wii softmodding and USB Loader GX installation. It installed cIOS 236, and rev 20b in 259 and 250. It also used USB Loader GX 1.0. This worked fine for the couple of games I tried, but I of course wanted to upgrade to 3.0. Now I use GX 3.0 and a 128 USB stick formatted to FAT32. Now things don't work so well. I've installed 5 titles:

Link's crossbow training
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
SSBB
NSMBW

Link's crossbow training is the only one that works properly. In an effort to fix the other games, I installed d2x v6 on IOS 247 with base 57 and 248 with base 56. I then set the boot IOS of USB Loader to 248 (Not sure if that was meant to be done. Guides are a bit vague.) I now have Metroid Prime Trilogy working for Metroid Prime and Prime 2 but not 3. Sadly Other M and SSBB still didn't work. In fact the backups don' really work at all as there are not channel or banner animations. Then I retried NSMBW, purely because this was working way back on USB Loader GX v1.0. This installs with the channel and banner animations but just boots me back to the Wii Menu or Homebrew Channel instead of loading.

Basically I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried my best to get to grips with Wii softmods but there are too many outdated/conflicting guides on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
install dx2 v10 alt 52 (wii version)
Use wiibackupmanager.co.uk for install game on usbstick
check the languages (Some ntsc games start only with ENGLISH Force languages)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu