Gaming No demo machines in USA for awhile..?

Nepeta

:33
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
When I went to preorder my Pokemon Black today (so I can get it at midnight
tongue.gif
) I asked the guy at GameStop when he thinks they'll have 3DS demo units and he replied "Oh, it'll be awhile. I asked our Nintendo rep. about it the other day and he said he had no clue, probably after they're released retail. Even if we did get one, we may not have it on display as we really don't have much room in here" this really sucks since it seems they've got them everywhere in Europe and of course Japan
tongue.gif

Nepeta

:33
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
what do they mean they dont got room replace ds koisk with 3ds simple as that
Well it was just my store and they don't even have a DS kiosk, just Wii, PS3, and 360. Had to take out DS kiosk because there wasn't enough room lol

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
well, Japanese are lucky one, they got a lot of stuuf, but me do not know wthat the heck they are, i know one pi say 3DS Demo Station, but still, lot of strange stuff over there.

qx8Jm.jpg
Ycdt4.jpg
1z63us7.jpg
zg1co.jpg

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made a topic about it before... It really isn't fair how all the European/Japanese GBAtemp users are like, "Oh yeah, I played like 600 different 3DSs, they're on every street corner over here." (Obvious hyperbole).

I guarantee that we don't get kiosks until after launch. After the Wii's launch, at a near by mall, there was this huge display with like 20 playable Wiis. Maybe they will do the same (?).

I really hate Nintendo for this. Well, it looks like we all are going to have to wait another month...

P.S. I doubt the guy in Gamestop actually talked to a Nintendo sales representative. Also, if we do get kiosks, they probably won't be in Gamestops because they are so crappy.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I can understand why Nintendo is leery to give demo systems to the US. Americans usually treat their demo units like shit. Go into your nearest Gamestop in the US, more than likely the controller is broken on the PS3/360 station, or the system is borked altogether, and the DS is usually dead and/or the shoulder buttons are borked.

Go to a comparable station in Japan, and you'll see that most of their demo units still work like the day they got them. I'm not sure about other countries, but I was surprised of this fact when I visited Japan a few years ago.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
After the Wii's launch, at a near by mall, there was this huge display with like 20 playable Wiis.
I remember this at a mall around where I live too. A friend and I would always stop and play some wii sports.

I'm really hoping they will do this with the 3DS.

shadowsfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I can understand why Nintendo is leery to give demo systems to the US. Americans usually treat their demo units like shit. Go into your nearest Gamestop in the US, more than likely the controller is broken on the PS3/360 station, or the system is borked altogether, and the DS is usually dead and/or the shoulder buttons are borked.

Go to a comparable station in Japan, and you'll see that most of their demo units still work like the day they got them. I'm not sure about other countries, but I was surprised of this fact when I visited Japan a few years ago.

or maybe it's just that japan isn't so cheap/lazy and actually replaces them when they break

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:

I totally agree with you. The dsi was NEVER on demo, even from 1 hour from my house. I never saw it on demo here. Only scratched up worthless ds lites which are missing some plastic on them. Whe they break, the people at walmart, target, etc do not fixem. I went to england, ( i waz born there and viseted) last year and they had lots of dsi's on demo. The battery was dead, but that can be fixed. The screen was great, and there were hardly any scratches... -_- thats1 thing i hate about america. no one cares about these things. They are just selfish, and deciede to break things for FUN

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
thats1 thing i hate about america. no one cares about these things. They are just selfish, and deciede to break things for FUN
Well...you're half-right. It's more often than not misbehaved kids who end up smashing the fuck out of display models, but it's not just the kid's fault for the model being broken. It's the parent's fault, even moreso than the kid's. I have a feeling British kids want to smash display 3DS's, but their parents have them more well disciplined.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 3DS will have a superior support on the web, I think it will have something like the PSP store for demo, games themes? etc.etc.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That sucks, and I'll have my 3DS tomorrow due to a delay, what's Nintendo and Gamestop waiting for, I wanted to try this out since late January, promote this awesome product NOW!!!

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
That sucks, and I'll have my 3DS tomorrow due to a delay, what's Nintendo and Gamestop waiting for, I wanted to try this out since late January, promote this awesome product NOW!!!
Why are so many people from the US importing the 3DS? As bad as I want one, it's region locked and almost all of the good features aren't even out until the later update.

Also, in this thread this guy said there are 3DSs in Time Square's Gamestop.

Edit: From Playasia, the 3DS is nearly $500 USD, and games are $60 USD each. Unless you can read fluent Japanese, I do not understand why anyone would import it. It is less than a month away.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
I might stop by my local Gamestop (where I have my preorder) to see if they have any units to demo. If they don't, maybe they'll know when they'll have one in.

I called 8 Gamestop's near me, and none of them had any clue when they'd get any (some even said IF they get any)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64