No backwards Compatibility on the PS3 Slim?

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
"It's not coming back, so let me put that on the table," Koller says with an air of finality. But it's all people ever talk about!

"It's not as big as a purchase intent driver as you may be hearing," he claimed. "We've got such a substantial lineup of titles on the PS3; most people are buying the PS3 for PS3 games. They've buying it for PS3 games and Blu-ray movies."

"That won't be returning," he repeats.

full interview here

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nuts, i kinda like the idea of backward compatibility :| guess i just see if my friend is willing to sell me his used ps2 then
biggrin.gif

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I would just buy a ps3 for ps3 games and a ps2 for ps2 games.
I still have my who knows how old ps2, modded plays backups like a charm, but my 80 gb ps3 cant soooo.

The slim imo has a nice design, but the fat ps3 is slicker looking cept the fact its dust collecting machine lol

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope emulation BC is added some day via firmware update. Only reason I have the idea in my head was because of that Kotaku article a couple months back about Sony patented the technology to emulate PS2 games.

Meh. :/

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jaems said:
I hope emulation BC is added some day via firmware update. Only reason I have the idea in my head was because of that Kotaku article a couple months back about Sony patented the technology to emulate PS2 games.

Meh. :/

This is Sony we're talking about.

As much as I want it to happen, it never will.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
RupeeClock said:
I bet they only refuse backwards compatibility because they're trying to squeeze whatever life they can out of the $100 PS2 now.
trying to make up for all the cash they lost with the ps3
tongue.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps2's can be found everywhere now. You can get one for real cheap and you can even softmod/hardmod it. It's better that the Ps3 doesn't come with backwards compatibility or else you'd just be wearing the laser down from playing other games other than Ps3's. Plus, it'd make the Ps3 a bit more expensive. I'm hoping to get a Ps3 next summer or so. The price will probably go down a bit or I can find 2nd hand Ps3 slim owners. I'd also be able to see if there's any problems with the first generations of Ps3 slims.

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't care about that. When I want to play PlayStation2 game, I PLAY IT ON MY GOD DAMN PLAYSTATION2. And when I want to play Xbox games, I PLAY IT ON MY ....

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont see what the fascination is either with BC on the PS3. There is nothing worse then looking at a last gen game on a nice new 1080p TV. If you wanna play ps2 games then get a ps2! Simples
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you think about it, getting a brand new PS3 Slim and a brand new PS2 is about $400, the cost of a PS3 right now. And the PS2 has some of the best games ever made, and missing out on them is a bummer. Not to mention there's some things that are lost in BC (like Xbox 360 can't play Xbox games better than the original).

Now I want a PS3 Slim, MGS4, and Killzone 2 for Christmas. Damn you, Sony!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?