Misc No access point was found - hacked wii

nodlehs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong area. I recently bought a second-hand Wii which I believe is hacked (there is a Homebrew channel and USB Loader). I'm having an issue trying to find wireless access points with it. I'm not sure if the hack has caused this but I did read somewhere on this forum a hacked Wii with Priloader can force WiFi to be disabled (or something like this). I don't know if Priloader is installed on this Wii though.

I don't mind having a hacked Wii but I'd like to be able to play online, lovefilm and whatnot. I don't have a wired connection and trying to search for wireless access points I keep getting "No access point was found." I don't think my router is the problem - my laptop, phone, ipad and old DS lite (when changing WPA2 to WEP) have no issues connecting or seeing my network.

Anyone have any ideas?

Plainscript

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've read about the Priiloader-problem too. (mostly really old versions)

Another thing: the internal Wifi-card might be broken. Good news: it's available on eBay. Bad news: you know the deal.. Taking everything apart.

I would advise you to really check for Priiloader-problems first. Just to be sure.. :)

EDIT: To get into the Priiloader menu, try this:

power off the wii, then power it back on and hold reset while it's booting until you see it.[/quote]

nodlehs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly.. to get Priiloader to run, I'm holding down reset right after pressing the power button and I'm letting go as soon as the 'press a to continue' appears on the health and safety screen. I also tried powering off and holding both the power and reset buttons together. Priiloader doesn't seem to appear so I'm guessing it isn't installed.

Is it possible that it was once installed and then removed? I don't want to have to take the Wii apart (not knowing exactly what to do!) and replace something that doesn't need replacing.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Thanks. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly.. to get Priiloader to run, I'm holding down reset right after pressing the power button and I'm letting go as soon as the 'press a to continue' appears on the health and safety screen. I also tried powering off and holding both the power and reset buttons together. Priiloader doesn't seem to appear so I'm guessing it isn't installed.

Is it possible that it was once installed and then removed? I don't want to have to take the Wii apart (not knowing exactly what to do!) and replace something that doesn't need replacing.
If you are seeing the "Press A To Continue" screen even though you're holding reset, you do not have Priiloader installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea