Homebrew NitroGrafx V0.6

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't hear any sound for any game (including Hucards) ? Or do you mean that sometimes a sound channel is missing whilst playing a game ?

Karolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually the only game I played with this emulator is the Japanese version of Dracula X Rondo of Blood. While playing, this game there is no sound even if mp3 files are present into the game folder (or maybe they are wav files, I can't recall it).

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest you read Flubba's read me file. Especially the bit at the bottom about ripping your own games as he states earlier on in the read me file, the emu is designed for iso/cue and bin/cue for CD emulation. If you are stuck, I sent you a PM as I don't wanna break the rules here.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for reviving this thread but is this emul supposed to play full sound samples?
I mean the Rondo of blood i play i hear only the sound effects and hitsounds.
Is it supposed to play bgm? I mean music in game apart from soundeffects

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry to stop by so late to the party to help out, but i figured a way to fix your little sound problem on Rondo of Blood...

Well, the site i got it from has the iso with the rebdook audio built into it, so it works pretty damn awesomely.
I can only hint at the site, for obvious reasons...

Here's the hint...it is a paradise, for emu's... ;)
(Sounds like it could be a gentleman's club or an island off the coast of Costa Rica.)

Once you get it, there will be two game files, an ".iso" and a ".cue".
Put them where you want.
Then, put the Turbografx CD BIOS ".pce" file anywhere you want (if you place it in the "NitroGrafx" folder (wich should be in the root mem), it will auto-locate it after you select it manually the first time).
Next, when you start up the emu, go over to "options", "machine", "select BIOS", so select it.
Go to "file" and "Load CD rom".
For me, it is the top file of the two Rondo of Blood files.

Hope it works out for ya!

(btw, i'm using r4i-sdhc-dual core-(white-"2013" label). It's the best and fastest card i've used so far.)

Have a great day. :)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, okay, DStwo user here; I recently got this emulator because reading of the improvements had me curious enough to go try some PCengine/Turbografx16 emulation. That and I wanted a way to play the proper Dracula X game on a handheld.

I got the download from filetrip and stuff, and while it certainly does seem to play the games fine (save for audio issue with DracX once I figured out how to run it), it won't let me save BRAM or any savestates at all; it keeps complaining about a missing folder.

So like, what is it expecting, and how do I fix that?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Um, okay, DStwo user here; I recently got this emulator because reading of the improvements had me curious enough to go try some PCengine/Turbografx16 emulation. That and I wanted a way to play the proper Dracula X game on a handheld.

I got the download from filetrip and stuff, and while it certainly does seem to play the games fine (save for audio issue with DracX once I figured out how to run it), it won't let me save BRAM or any savestates at all; it keeps complaining about a missing folder.

So like, what is it expecting, and how do I fix that?

So like, i expect you should add the missing folder its asking for, lol=P
I believe you need a folder called NitroGrafx at yer SD root for your games/bios.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what I'm asking is whether there should be any files I might be missing from the filetrip download that the emulator would be expecting. Or if there's some kind of folder structure it's expecting...

I at least didn't have a problem loading up the super system card(s) when I needed to load the dracX disc image. As I said, I never even touched TG-16/PCEngine stuff before I saw the release of 0.7... and realizing now what version is being discussed in this thread. lol... :shy:

Reactions: Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, this 0.7 has been out for almost 2 months before i just found about it...
I just tried it and it seems to work the same way folder-wise as 0.6.
Something awesome about it worth noting though, is that on r4i-sdhc-dual core (White) cards with the "NEW" label (older ver. between that one and the "2013" label), 0.6 wouldn't work at all, even with the latest card firmware, now, it works perfectly with this 0.7 version!
Kick ass!!
(I wonder if that was purely accidental...?)

Anyway, Flubba fkn rocks!!

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what I'm asking is whether there should be any files I might be missing from the filetrip download that the emulator would be expecting. Or if there's some kind of folder structure it's expecting...

I at least didn't have a problem loading up the super system card(s) when I needed to load the dracX disc image. As I said, I never even touched TG-16/PCEngine stuff before I saw the release of 0.7... and realizing now what version is being discussed in this thread. lol... :shy:

Besides the BIOS file (which comes separate) needing to be in the Nitrografx folder in the root, that's basically it.
The other data can go wherever you want it to be.
But what i've noticed with some of the different cards, is that some emulators either work or they just don't.
So if your Nitrografx is working, then it should be good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!