NISA and Atlus will no longer be publishing each other's games

NIS-America-Logo-720x340.jpg
It looks like like long-time publishing partners NIS America and Atlus are cutting ties. This means instead of NISA publishing Atlus titles in the EU, they will now probably be self-published by SEGA EU in European territories, while NISA games will not be distributed by Atlus in the United States. According to NISA's managing director, Takuro Yamashita, since being acquired by SEGA, Atlus has been difficult to work with, and the two companies' relationship has become strained.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Fatih120

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Sega's killing atlus?
No, but going by SEGA's track record, they're definitely making it harder for Atlus to get games out in Europe.

Less weeb games! Oh no!

It's not like people actually like translated NA releases of anime-ish games anyways, they always complain about shitty translations and censorship...

But NISA and Atlus games are usually well-translated...

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could impact the EU's release of the game, (North America will be unaffected) but it's not like Europe would have gotten the game on time to begin with, going by past experience.
That's good to hear! I'm still hoping for a simultaneous release for Japan and America :P

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NISA will probably find another publisher for their games in US.

Although NISA´s director comment makes me worry a bit, because I thought that ATLUS and Sega partnership was going smooth and even being beneficial...it looks like things are not so good.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
NISA will probably find another publisher for their games in US.

Although NISA´s director comment makes me worry a bit, because I thought that ATLUS and Sega partnership was going smooth and even being beneficial...it looks like things are not so good.
What I don't understand is why can't NISA publish themselves??
They publish lots of other games in NA but their own. except Disgaea of course, they need to publish Disgaea at least.

Or maybe this is a plan of Sega-Sammy to convince NISA of letting them publish their games.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, okay. I dunno though as I don't follow too many of these type of games.
Oh, yes... Less weeb games, now we have nothing of value left.
Not because of there being "less weeb games" we will get a real Metroid released, or whatever.
Those weeb games were one of the few interesting things in portable consoles in the last several years.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Well time to translate games that get released earlier in other countries instead of waiting extra months or years. Fuck em, they want to act childish? So be it.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less weeb games! Oh no!

It's not like people actually like translated NA releases of anime-ish games anyways, they always complain about shitty translations and censorship...
Says the person with the Alphys avatar. I do agree, to some degree. It did seem like people complained about their translation work when it really wasn't too bad compared to other companies. For people like me, who doesn't really get into the Japanese culture or take things too seriously, it was nice to get some smaller obscure games in English.

That said, it's just the end of a partnership, it may not hurt regional releases to a significant degree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o