Nintendo's new account system My Nintendo is live

nitendo.png
The new account system Nintendo will be using, My Nintendo, which is replacing Club Nintendo and will be used for the new mobile apps in the future is up. You can now easily register for an account through the link below. Previous NNID's can be linked to your new account as well, so don't forget to do so! Once you've done that, preregister for Miitomo and get points here!

:arrow:
Source

loco365

Trophies
XP
We have to wait until the 2nd of Seventeenuary? :(
lol you guys and your European date systems.

While the NNID system could have just been expanded, I do see that since this is the Club Nintendo successor, and how it was separate, Nintendo Accounts should be kept separate too so that kids can't just sign up for this shit similar to how it's done on a console. Besides, not everyone gets digital stuff, if codes are given out for physical copies, why not allow people to get the rewards that way too?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Am I really first one to say that this is just dumb. What's the reason to have seperate account when users already have NNID? This only confuses and annoys everyone and they are basically seperating themselves from their own hardware.

you can sign up and then log in using your nnid

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by duwen,

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"My Nintendo is not currently available in your country."

WHAT THE FUCK.
I could use Club Nintendo just fine with an american account and a Brazilian Eshop 3DS. God dammit...

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THEY LAUNCH AT THE SAME TIME! ie, in March.
By signing-up you are 'pre-registering' your 'My Nintendo' account and will be informed of the Miitomo release.
My Nintendo is not live until March.

Read:

"MyNintendo" isn't the account system, it's the rewards program. The reward program goes live in March, however, the account system just went live this week.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"MyNintendo" isn't the account system, it's the rewards program. The reward program goes live in March, however, the account system just went live this week.
The new account system Nintendo will be using, My Nintendo, which is replacing Club Nintendo and will be used for the new mobile apps in the future is up.

The text from the nintendo email that I attached that no one's bothering to read:
"Preregistered users will be notified via email when Miitomo is released. By preregistering for Miitomo before its release, users will earn points in My Nintendo, a rewards programme that launches at the same time as Miitomo! Points can be redeemed for rewards via My Nintendo."

So... My Nintendo is the Club Nintendo replacement, it launches in March (along side Miitomo), therefor all that is currently 'live' is preregistration.
Technically, the 'accounts' system is still NNID.

Last edited by duwen,

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
What's with this "country not supported" business that people seem to be getting? Color me ignorant, but wouldn't Nintendo want to branch their service or to as many people as possible? Leaving an entire country out just feels like leaving money on the table to me, so tell me please, what's the expense in opening the online service to everyone?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
What's with this "country not supported" business that people seem to be getting? Color me ignorant, but wouldn't Nintendo want to branch their service or to as many people as possible? Leaving an entire country out just feels like leaving money on the table to me, so tell me please, what's the expense in opening the online service to everyone?
More like an entire continent.
No South American country is currently supported by My Nintendo. Not even the english version of the site works - it tracks your location.

Reactions: Pacheko17

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
The text from the nintendo email that I attached that no one's bothering to read:
"Preregistered users will be notified via email when Miitomo is released. By preregistering for Miitomo before its release, users will earn points in My Nintendo, a rewards programme that launches at the same time as Miitomo! Points can be redeemed for rewards via My Nintendo."

So... My Nintendo IS the new account system, it launches in March (along side Miitomo), therefor all that is currently 'live' is preregistration.
Technically, the 'accounts' system is still NNID.
My Nintendo IS THE NEW CLUB NINTENDO. you link it with your actual NNID to redeem the prices. Nintendo was smart enough this time and you can use the same NNID user and password to register to My Nintendo, if you do so it automatically link them.
Miitomo is another story, is a social app and is the one blocked in certain countries. I myself had to use a VPN to fake that I lived in USA and be able to preregister.

More like an entire continent.
No South American country is currently supported by My Nintendo. Not even the english version of the site works - it tracks your location.
Use OpenVPN to fake your location, I did that because is tracks you before you can even input your My Nintendo account.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Nintendo IS THE NEW CLUB NINTENDO. you link it with your actual NNID to redeem the prices. Nintendo was smart enough this time and you can use the same NNID user and password to register to My Nintendo, if you do so it automatically link them.
Miitomo is another story, is a social app and is the one blocked in certain countries. I myself had to use a VPN to fake that I lived in USA and be able to preregister.

Use OpenVPN to fake your location, I did that because is tracks you before you can even input your My Nintendo account.
I know.
I was pointing all of the things out in my post for the people claiming it's already active, and/or a new account system.
NNID is STILL the only Nintendo account system, and as you say, 'My Nintendo' is the rewards program that replaces Club Nintendo. Miitomo is a mobile app that launches along side My Nintendo in March. Preregistering now is just that - PREREGISTERING - your My Nintendo account will still not be useable until it launches in March. I've edited my post you quoted for clarity.

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: Sakitoshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1