Hacking Nintendo's E3 presentation was such a let down, so glad I ordered the SX Pro!

D

Deleted User

Why do I feel the same?
They really went overboard with the Smash Bros thing!
I honestly don't think they did. I think Nintendo plans to do everything else with the directs. They brought smash bros because of it's overwhelming hype. It's going to be interesting to see melee mechanics in a new installment. And with each stage getting a battlefield layout, I'm curious if Nintendo is finally taking the competitive scene of Smash seriously. Because in essence, they wanted smash bros brawl and 4 to be not as competitive as possible. Brawl slow pace being a good example.

Last edited by ,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I honestly don't think they did. I think Nintendo plans to do everything else with the directs. They brought smash bros because of it's overwhelming hype. It's going to be interesting to see melee mechanics in a new installment. And with each stage getting a battlefield layout, I'm curious if Nintendo is finally taking the competitive scene of Smash seriously

But I wanted to see more about other great games as well! After like 30 min with the SB presentation I couldn't take it anymore. I wanna discover the game, not watch someone else playing it.

Edit: more than they should!

D

Deleted User

But I wanted to see more about other great games as well! After like 30 min with the SB presentation I couldn't take it anymore. I wanna discover the game, not watch someone else playing it.

Edit: more than they should!
They could dedicate 30 minute directs to other games, you realize that right?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Glad to see im not the only one who finds this "Man i was dissapointed about the games Nintendo showed at E3... Good thing im going to pirate the games i was dissapointed about just now" Thread hilarious, i seriously wonder what's wrong with some people on the internet.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
"No games for me?! I will show them! By pirating their games! Yeah, that will teach them!" - The Snowflake Generation

I should be able to install my physical copy onto my Switch, and then leave the physical game copy on the shelf... Just like the other two consoles do. With TX's SX OS, I'll be able to do just that. Dump my own ROMs and have them on my Switch, keeping the carts safe at home. (I won't trust other people's Switch dumps.)

Reactions: Eddypikachu

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I should be able to install my physical copy onto my Switch, and then leave the physical game copy on the shelf... Just like the other two consoles do. With TX's SX OS, I'll be able to do just that. Dump my own ROMs and have them on my Switch, keeping the carts safe at home. (I won't trust other people's Switch dumps.)
Of course, I just responded to people complaining about the Switch not having any games and that they will pirate the none games, because that will totally show Nintendo.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I as well think that these nintenso sirext things are completely stupid as only nintendo hardcore fanboys watch them...

Only ever saw one because of gbatemp, none of my friends have ever heard of those directs at all! except for one who said "isn't this where they show animal crossing?" -.-

it is really a very stupid move to only include the core audience instead of using a big event like the e3 to show even people who usually are not nintendo fans, especially those would never watch a direct but if nintendo would just blow off their mind with some awesome presentstion they could win over lots of people, but not like this.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I as well think that these nintenso sirext things are completely stupid as only nintendo hardcore fanboys watch them...

Only ever saw one because of gbatemp, none of my friends have ever heard of those directs at all! except for one who said "isn't this where they show animal crossing?" -.-

it is really a very stupid move to only include the core audience instead of using a big event like the e3 to show even people who usually are not nintendo fans, especially those would never watch a direct but if nintendo would just blow off their mind with some awesome presentstion they could win over lots of people, but not like this.
Superbowl ads win people over, not E3 that is more for the gaming audience anyway.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Superbowl ads win people over, not E3 that is more for the gaming audience anyway.

What is a superbowl ? (well I know what it is but never saw it ... I guess it is US only... while E3 is worldwide)

and why would a gamer care about a sports event, people who play games are probably more interested in E3

And as I mentioned before, I was manly tjinking of blowing the mind the nintendo haters which would be sony or microsoft fanboys

Last edited by Youkai,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is a superbowl ? (well I know what it is but never saw it ... I guess it is US only... while E3 is worldwide)
https://www.nfl.com/super-bowl
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl
Wikipedia said:
The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL). The game is the culmination of a regular season that begins in the late summer of the previous calendar year. Normally, Roman numerals are used to identify each game, rather than the year in which it is held. For example, Super Bowl I was played on January 15, 1967, following the 1966 regular season. The sole exception to this naming convention tradition occurred with Super Bowl 50, which was played on February 7, 2016, following the 2015 regular season, and the following year, the nomenclature returned to Roman numerals for Super Bowl LI, following the 2016 regular season. The most recent Super Bowl was Super Bowl LII, on February 4, 2018, following the 2017 regular season.
edit: ok i read the part where you said you know what it is, but then you ask what it is in the same post?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://www.nfl.com/super-bowl
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl

edit: ok i read the part where you said you know what it is, but then you ask what it is in the same post?

ever heard of a rhetoricalquestion ?
that was ment to show that I don't care at all about this, thats why I said it is probably US only .... other than most Americans seem to believe there are lots of places outside of America as well, and there are even much more people in the world who do not life in America than there are people who life there ;)

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ever heard of a rhetoricalquestion ?
that was ment to show that I don't care at all about this, thats why I said it is probably US only .... other than most Americans seem to believe there are lots of places outside of America as well, and there are even much more people in the world who do not life in America than there are people who life there ;)
I am aware what a rhetorical question is, but in this specific context it was not obvious to me that was what you meant.

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
E3 is for investors. It's bascially the gaming industry doing a circlejerk with each other, it have always been. I mean it's just recently they started to allow the public in too them.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If theres any better event to get people around the world to see what you have to offer regardless of what console they are on, it's E3. Everyone watches everyones presentation to see what they got to offer, I don't own an xbone or a ps4 but I was still eager to see microsofts and sonys presentations (as well as the other ones). I have friends that dont own nintendo systems who also watched the nintendo's presentation, this is the perfect time to show people amazing games that you have to offer to bring people over from other consoles to buy your system but nintendo never seems to take E3 seriously anymore.

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Got to be honest, their presentation sucked. I get it was a Nintendo Direct, but truly (if we're all honest), there hasn't been a decent Nintendo E3 in nigh on years. It's such a shame because whilst I still like Nintendo, they're a shadow of their former selves.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...