Hacking Nintendont

raffur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take a picture of your nintendont settings, lots of people think they have default settings when they dont, i played the entire game on nintendont without any issues some years ago.

also a full 1.35gb iso with md5 matching redump is always the best compatibility.

Here ya go!
IMG_20210710_003902849.jpg

raffur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what to say to you, never happened to me and no one ever reported that, you are using real memory cards and such right?

Yep, using a real memory card. Thanks for your help anyways though, I've played the game on ps2 before, so it's not like I have a 007 itch I need to scratch. Just an odd issue I'm having, but thanks anyways :D

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, using a real memory card. Thanks for your help anyways though, I've played the game on ps2 before, so it's not like I have a 007 itch I need to scratch. Just an odd issue I'm having, but thanks anyways :D
Have you tried using something other than a USB Flash Drive? USB Flash drives are horrible with Nintendont. Even a USB SD Card Reader with a fast SD card is better.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
maybe try sd card or try the pal version and see if the errors persist.

raffur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using something other than a USB Flash Drive? USB Flash drives are horrible with Nintendont. Even a USB SD Card Reader with a fast SD card is better.

I was originally using a sata harddrive through a usb adapter, and the same issues persisted. Other games would work flawlessly, but Agent Under Fire is just an outlier.

As for SD Cards, I'd have to purchase a usb SD reader, and a decent capacity SD card. It could be worth it, but it's not urgent for me right now.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was originally using a sata harddrive through a usb adapter, and the same issues persisted. Other games would work flawlessly, but Agent Under Fire is just an outlier.

As for SD Cards, I'd have to purchase a usb SD reader, and a decent capacity SD card. It could be worth it, but it's not urgent for me right now.
When you ran an MD5 hash check, was file you checked on the Flash Drive or did you check it before copying it from an internal storage?

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
that's really odd, i played this game in usb, SD, usb hdd and even partitioned usb hdd and never had this problem. Have you tried another rip of the game? even the same version but from another source.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's really odd, i played this game in usb, SD, usb hdd and even partitioned usb hdd and never had this problem. Have you tried another rip of the game? even the same version but from another source.
As long as the MD5 hash on the USB Flash matches a known good dump the ISO isn't the issue. Something else is at play causing the issue. The odds of a hash collision on a file where the original and corrupted version have the same MD5 hash value AND are the same file size are virtually non-existent.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as the MD5 hash on the USB Flash matches a known good dump the ISO isn't the issue. Something else is at play causing the issue. The odds of a hash collision on a file where the original and corrupted version have the same MD5 hash value AND are the same file size are virtually non-existent.
problem is there was one user not so long ago that used good isos with md5 matching redump on pc and then used a program to pass the isos to the usb device that modified the iso so yeah sometimes people think nothing is wrong with what they do and they do stuff wrong, like him i played this game entirely on nintendont beginning to end with no issues, and i never saw anyone even saying that the cut scenes were wrong and such, worked fine for me.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem is there was one user not so long ago that used good isos with md5 matching redump on pc and then used a program to pass the isos to the usb device that modified the iso so yeah sometimes people think nothing is wrong with what they do and they do stuff wrong, like him i played this game entirely on nintendont beginning to end with no issues, and i never saw anyone even saying that the cut scenes were wrong and such, worked fine for me.
This is why I said about the md5 on the USB Flash drive matching just to make the copied was proper.

karte34123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yo ik this might not be the best place to post this, but just today i got into emulating GC games on the wii and they work just great, except i have an issue with my controller, i got like this generic controller and i tried luigi's mansion with it and it worked just great, til i moved the C stick for some reason it was inverted on a super weird way, if i move the stick mapped to the C stick Left and right, luigi points up and down, and if i move it up and down he'll point left and right, and i got like no clue how to fix it ive looked everywhere online, and im pretty sure this controller is supported since every other button works just fine.

Last edited by karte34123,

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that Nintendont often fails randomly no matter what you do. So, you're not alone.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yo ik this might not be the best place to post this, but just today i got into emulating GC games on the wii and they work just great, except i have an issue with my controller, i got like this generic controller and i tried luigi's mansion with it and it worked just great, til i moved the C stick for some reason it was inverted on a super weird way, if i move the stick mapped to the C stick Left and right, luigi points up and down, and if i move it up and down he'll point left and right, and i got like no clue how to fix it ive looked everywhere online, and im pretty sure this controller is supported since every other button works just fine.
well third party stuff has random codding so im guessing the values for c sctick are not the sames as original controller, what controller are you using and on what place? gc controller on wii ports?

Also nintendont is not an emulator, you are not emulating gc games at all with nintendont.

karte34123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
well third party stuff has random codding so im guessing the values for c sctick are not the sames as original controller, what controller are you using and on what place? gc controller on wii ports?

Also nintendont is not an emulator, you are not emulating gc games at all with nintendont.

CHINESE DUAL TWIN USB GAMEPAD JOYSTICK

its connected to one of the usb ports, and its one of those generic ps2 like gamepads that apparently has VID_0810&PID_0001 as like hardware identifier, mine didnt really came with a name since the company that made it just removed every ettiquete from it and its super hard to distinguish it from the other generic ps2 knockoff controllers

Last edited by karte34123,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
CHINESE DUAL TWIN USB GAMEPAD JOYSTICK

its connected to one of the usb ports, and its of those generic ps2 like gamepads that apparently has VID_0810&PID_0001 as like hardware identifier, mine didnt really came with a name since the company that made it just removed every ettiquete from it and its super hard to distinguish it from the other generic ps2 knockoff controllers
get the
controller_ps2.ini
from the controller folder and mess around with the c stick values and rename to controller.ini and place in the root of usb/sd where you have your isos that ini has the same pid/vid as you have.

karte34123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
get the
controller_ps2.ini
from the controller folder and mess around with the c stick values and rename to controller.ini and place in the root of usb/sd where you have your isos that ini has the same pid/vid as you have.
ight i messed with it a bit and that did it, thanks ive been looking everywhere for this oml

Reactions: pedro702

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o