Hacking Nintendont

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You don't have to be a techie to use a Mac. That was the first computer I used and I wasn't a techie at that point.

EDIT: My Grandfather, who isn't a techie by any means, has used a Mac for the past couple of decades and still prefers it to this day. He wouldn't know a hash from a trash can (not to insult him).

My sister too uses a Mac because she finds it easier to use. Any techie stuff she asks me for help.
Ohhhh.... yeah. I tend to forget about the existence of macs (honestly)
Carry on then.

Reactions: Zonta85

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ask @GreyWolf for his hashing tool (download link on his signature)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/ probably that? It's not CFG but WiiFlow mod. May I ask what you need it for? Maybe you could use something else?
I am using some older community mod of CFG which apparently does not support nintendon't. I found some mod version now myself that seems to support it and all. I always liked CFG loader, especially when it handles japanese games right on European consoles where USBloader GX would fuck up the japanese text miserably.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to use cheats with Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness but now when I load the game through USB Loader GX it goes to a black screen and stays there.

Code:
Super High Encounter Rate (Poke Spots) [Ralf]
0414F9AC 38800028
08B1BD76 00002EE0
100A000C 00000000

Rock Poke Spot: Deoxys (Lvl 30), Ho-oh (Lvl 50-80), Mewtwo (Lvl 67-74) [Ralf]
04B1BD6C 1E1E019A
04B1BD78 325000FA
04B1BD84 434A0096

These are the cheats I'm trying to use.

I also updated Nintendont by going to this odd site: https://wiidatabase.de/nintendont-v3-386/

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to use cheats with Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness but now when I load the game through USB Loader GX it goes to a black screen and stays there.

Code:
Super High Encounter Rate (Poke Spots) [Ralf]
0414F9AC 38800028
08B1BD76 00002EE0
100A000C 00000000

Rock Poke Spot: Deoxys (Lvl 30), Ho-oh (Lvl 50-80), Mewtwo (Lvl 67-74) [Ralf]
04B1BD6C 1E1E019A
04B1BD78 325000FA
04B1BD84 434A0096

These are the cheats I'm trying to use.

I also updated Nintendont by going to this odd site: https://wiidatabase.de/nintendont-v3-386/
Keep in mind that not all cheats will work with Nintendont due to how it patches the game.

Also why use such an old version of Nintendont?

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that not all cheats will work with Nintendont due to how it patches the game.

Also why use such an old version of Nintendont?

Oops, that was the wrong link.

I loaded the game through Nintendont and now it's working. I also updated too. So I know for sure that I'm using the latest version.

I can't determine if the cheat works or not since I haven't gotten to a certain part in the game.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, that was the wrong link.

I loaded the game through Nintendont and now it's working. I also updated too. So I know for sure that I'm using the latest version.

I can't determine if the cheat works or not since I haven't gotten to a certain part in the game.
The latest version is 4.425. I know at one point the updater was broken and you had to manually download the newer version which fixed the issue. Don't remember when that was.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version is 4.425. I know at one point the updater was broken and you had to manually download the newer version which fixed the issue. Don't remember when that was.

That's the version I have. I think this is a problem with USB Loader GX. The game loads fine when I load it through Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about adding an MD5 verifier in the loader itself?

I already added color-coding to distinguish between 1:1, shrunken, CISO, etc., so I can add some option to verify MD5s for 1:1 images. Basically, you'd select a game, but instead of pressing A, you'd press some other button or button combination (to be determined), and it would calculate the MD5. (Optional: Include a known-good MD5 list so it can verify that you have a known-good game.)

SirLoopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about adding an MD5 verifier in the loader itself?

I already added color-coding to distinguish between 1:1, shrunken, CISO, etc., so I can add some option to verify MD5s for 1:1 images. Basically, you'd select a game, but instead of pressing A, you'd press some other button or button combination (to be determined), and it would calculate the MD5. (Optional: Include a known-good MD5 list so it can verify that you have a known-good game.)

I believe some of the sites with the md5's include an XML output, could this be referenced for such a check?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe some of the sites with the md5's include an XML output, could this be referenced for such a check?
GameTDB has an XML with MD5s. I'd rather not parse the XML in the loader, since that requires adding a whole XML library, so I'd probably pre-process it into a flat file that looks like this:
Code:
5ab1553a941307bb949020fd582b68aabebecb30|GALE01|00|Super Smash Bros. Melee
where the first column is the MD5, then game ID, revision, and title.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
GameTDB has an XML with MD5s. I'd rather not parse the XML in the loader, since that requires adding a whole XML library, so I'd probably pre-process it into a flat file that looks like this:
Code:
5ab1553a941307bb949020fd582b68aabebecb30|GALE01|00|Super Smash Bros. Melee
where the first column is the MD5, then game ID, revision, and title.
that would be very usefull if the game md5 matches them put on a color or some text before saying Good dump or something.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be very usefull if the game md5 matches them put on a color or some text before saying Good dump or something.
MD5 checking would only be done on request rather than when loading the game list, since it has to process the entire disc image. (Initial implementation shows a separate screen that indicates MD5 calculation progress, then shows the MD5 result; later I'll add verification with a flat file.)

EDIT: My CISO branch does use color coding on the menu to indicate file type, though. 1:1 disc images (and Triforce images) are displayed in black; shrunken GCMs dark brown; extracted FSTs green; CISOs blue; and multi-game ISOs purple. The MD5 option will only be enabled for 1:1 images.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +colors

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly would I get all cheats to work on Nintendont? I read something about debugging in the first post of this topic and I wanted to know more.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I implemented MD5 calculation in the CISO branch. (No test build yet; it also doesn't verify against a database yet.) Also added a legend for what the various colors mean in the menu.

I tried to implement a devoptab to use FatFS with stdio, which would allow for switching to/from libcustomfat with just a compile-time option, but it kept crashing every time I called fopen(). No idea why. Maybe it'd be better to figure out why FatFS is just slow in some cases...

NewGabeOrder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
devs cant add support for controllers they dont own, also most fake/3rd party wiimotes do not work at all in most homebrew apps.
Well, it's to be consistent for people who use homebrew apps that don't support Wii Remote Plus.

Wii Remote Plus supports Nintendon't but not Wii64.
Nyko Wand supports Wii64 but not Nintendon't.

This issue would need to be fixed so Nyko Wand remotes can not only continue to be used with Wii64, but also Nintendon't.

The_Atomik_Punk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://github.com/GreyWolfSC/GCVerify/releases/download/v1.1.1/GCVerify1_1_1.zip

use this. also nintendont settings can cause some games not to work so if your iso has a matching hash/md5 then take a picture of your nintendont settings.

Thanks for the reply pedro702. So I downloaded the program, and dragged my PSOIII .iso onto the file. What am I supposed to do with the information that is displayed? It lists a MD5, one that seems to differ with what is listed on redump.org for PSOIII. The program also states "redump:found". What does this mean?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the reply pedro702. So I downloaded the program, and dragged my PSOIII .iso onto the file. What am I supposed to do with the information that is displayed? It lists a MD5, one that seems to differ with what is listed on redump.org for PSOIII. The program also states "redump:found". What does this mean?
if its diferent then its a bad iso, you need to either dump or find an iso online wirth 1.35gb and a matching md5.

also dont use any tools for compression, use the full 1.35gb iso with md5 checked.

Last edited by pedro702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ