Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello!

I have the last version of Nintendont working perfectly on mi Wii (not WiiU) but I wonder if there is a way to remap the controller configuration. I know that the last version already comes with drives for all kind of controllers by default but I just do not like how they set PS2 controllers up. I already tried to change the configuration by copying a controller.ini file but the default settings were still working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!
the modified controller ini file to be readed needs to be on the root of the device you have your games and named "controller.ini" only not .ini.ini or ps2 ini controller or something diferente.

Reactions: ItEm

The_Atomik_Punk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey self_slaughter, thanks for the recommendation. I gave what you suggested a whirl, but unfortunately my problem persisted, but I definitely thought it was a smart idea to try what you recommended first, as that was easy-peasy :)

You were bang on the money, owek1, I followed your advice and used bootice to clear a hidden small partition on my drive, and it works!!! Thank you so much for the assistance, I'm ready to rock and roll!

I have one final question for everyone here, and I apologize in advance if it's not in the right thread. I'd like to add Wii games to the same 2TB Seagate HDD that I have my GC games on, and be able to boot both of them through USBLoaderGX. I bought my Wii "pre modded" from someone on craigslist, and he had an external USB HDD that already had games on it, and that I added many more to as well. I'd like to transfer all of my Wii games from one external USB HDD, to my new one that is setup with 1 big partition that now has my GC games on it. How would I do this?

The kicker is, the USB HDD that came with my Wii seems to have some problem, because as soon as I connect it to my PC, I get a message saying that the drive needs to be formatted, because it's incompatible or something. My workaround to get all my Wii games on it in the past, was to close and ignore that prompt, and use WBFS manager to add Wii ISOs. If not for WBFS manager, I was unable to access and explore the drive through Windows.

To summarize succinctly, I'd like to add all of my Wii games from that wonky USB HDD to my new one that is already setup to work with Nintendont/USBLOaderGX for my GC games, and have both the GC and Wii games boot through USBLoaderGX. How would I achieve this?

Reactions: self_slaughter

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey self_slaughter, thanks for the recommendation. I gave what you suggested a whirl, but unfortunately my problem persisted, but I definitely thought it was a smart idea to try what you recommended first, as that was easy-peasy :)

You were bang on the money, owek1, I followed your advice and used bootice to clear a hidden small partition on my drive, and it works!!! Thank you so much for the assistance, I'm ready to rock and roll!

I have one final question for everyone here, and I apologize in advance if it's not in the right thread. I'd like to add Wii games to the same 2TB Seagate HDD that I have my GC games on, and be able to boot both of them through USBLoaderGX. I bought my Wii "pre modded" from someone on craigslist, and he had an external USB HDD that already had games on it, and that I added many more to as well. I'd like to transfer all of my Wii games from one external USB HDD, to my new one that is setup with 1 big partition that now has my GC games on it. How would I do this?

The kicker is, the USB HDD that came with my Wii seems to have some problem, because as soon as I connect it to my PC, I get a message saying that the drive needs to be formatted, because it's incompatible or something. My workaround to get all my Wii games on it in the past, was to close and ignore that prompt, and use WBFS manager to add Wii ISOs. If not for WBFS manager, I was unable to access and explore the drive through Windows.

To summarize succinctly, I'd like to add all of my Wii games from that wonky USB HDD to my new one that is already setup to work with Nintendont/USBLOaderGX for my GC games, and have both the GC and Wii games boot through USBLoaderGX. How would I achieve this?
That drive is formatted in the out of date WBFS file system. You should be able to use the WBFS backup manager to extract the games on the WBFS drive to your computer. Then you should be able to install the games as .wbfs on to a FAT32 partition which should work fine as long as the Wii games are in the WBFS folder on the root of the drive.

darkvam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You should be able to extract the games and put them in a new drive with wii backup manager. http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/

Last edited by darkvam,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@The_Atomik_Punk! , are your Wii games in the "wonky" HDD already in .wbfs format (example: NSMBW.wbfs / NewSuperMarioBrosWii.wbfs / LOZTP.wbfs)? i mean every single game file in .wbfs format? if yes, just create a wbfs folder (no special letters or uppercase just plain "wbfs" in the root of the HDD which means the new one you got where you configured to work with Nintendont right now) and copy-paste or drag all wbfs format Wii games from your wonky old drive to that wbfs folder you just created on the "new" HDD and once you're done and got USBLoaderGX running just tick the option (tick show Wii games) to show your recently added Wii games, in the future if you wana add more Wii games and they aren't in wbfs format then that's the time you need something like a WiiBackupManager or whatever iso-wbfs converter software you have been using in the past..

Last edited by owek1,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a tool to convert from WBFS partitions to NTFS or FAT32 as well. If you use FAT32 all homebrew, Wii and GC games should work with it. If you stick with WBFS it's better to use Wii Backup Manager than WBFS Manager. The latter seems to have a problem with corrupting previous games when installing new ones.

darkvam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@The_Atomik_Punk! , are your Wii games in the "wonky" HDD already in .wbfs format (example: NSMBW.wbfs / NewSuperMarioBrosWii.wbfs / LOZTP.wbfs)? i mean every single game file in .wbfs format? if yes, just create a wbfs folder (no special letters or uppercase just plain "wbfs" in the root of the HDD which means the new one you got where you configured to work with Nintendont right now) and copy-paste or drag all wbfs format Wii games from your wonky old drive to that wbfs folder you just created on the "new" HDD and once you're done and got USBLoaderGX running just tick the option (tick show Wii games) to show your recently added Wii games, in the future if you wana add more Wii games and they aren't in wbfs format then that's the time you need something like a WiiBackupManager or whatever iso-wbfs converter software you have been using in the past..
Or use wii backup manager from the start. Select both drives. Then select all games on old drive and transfer to new drive. Pretty simple.

Reactions: self_slaughter

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Or use wii backup manager from the start. Select both drives. Then select all games on old drive and transfer to new drive. Pretty simple.

i do that as well actually but if he has not downloaded or used WiiBackupManager before then copy-paste to wbfs folder on new HDD is the fastest way in the meantime..unless of course he got that program already in his computer but either way, both works..

ItEm

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
the modified controller ini file to be readed needs to be on the root of the device you have your games and named "controller.ini" only not .ini.ini or ps2 ini controller or something diferente.
Thanks for replying!

And yes, it worked like a charm! Thank you very much, kind sir! You deserve a cookie!

Regards.

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad ya got it working. Was worth a quick shot. :)

On my new HDD I decided to ditch the fat32/wbfs dual partition setup and used the backup manager to transfer from the old wbfs drive to the new fat32 only drive with 4gb split. Sets up the folders etc automatically.

Seems to work great so far,
All the troublesome games of the past work without issue or any manual intervention.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by self_slaughter,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@PokeFan221 , Nintendont is for the Wii (actual Wii) and Virtual Wii part on your Wii U (vWii), your version is irrelevant as it is considered separate from each other. First,you need to hack your vWii. Follow this guide step by step, and you won't worry of any bricks.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

*Please do not mix guides/files between Wii (the actual Wii console NOT Wii U) and vWii (Virtual Wii on Wii U), it will guarantee a brick..When in doubt, please ask or Google is your best friend. Good luck! :)

ItEm

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, again!

I got another question: how do I have to modify the controller.ini file so I can play with 2 PS2 controllers connected to my Wii using an adapter? Is this actually possible?

Thanks in advance!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, again!

I got another question: how do I have to modify the controller.ini file so I can play with 2 PS2 controllers connected to my Wii using an adapter? Is this actually possible?

Thanks in advance!
Currently you can't play with more than one USB controller connected.

ItEm

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Currently you can't play with more than one USB controller connected.
Thanks for replying, mate!

Are you sure? Somewhere I read that it is actually possible but using an adapter like the one I'm using. I read something about setting MultiIn=1 or 2 on the controller.ini file...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards!

The_Atomik_Punk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, thank you so much for the help, I now have all of my Wii games transferred from the faulty HDD to my new one using WiiBackupManager, and both the GC and Wii games are booting flawlessly in USBLOaderGX!!!

Two final questions if I may: if my Wii is hooked up to an LCD and it's set to 480P, when I play GC games via USBLoaderGX/Nintendont, do I need to hold down B to set Progressive mode for compatible titles on boot, or do I just set "force progressive" or whatever the option is in the setting? Will this force 480p for GC games that do not natively support progressive scan (say Luigi's Mansion), or will it still only run in 480i? The traditional GC startup with the bouncing cube doesn't run when I boot a game via Nintendont, so I don't think I have the chance to set progressive mode in the traditional way.

Secondly, how do GC games save in Nintendont if it's emulating a memory card? That is to say, what settings enable that feature, and what "block size" should I use? I actually do have physical GC memory cards, but they're running out of space, so this seems like a cool feature.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys, thank you so much for the help, I now have all of my Wii games transferred from the faulty HDD to my new one using WiiBackupManager, and both the GC and Wii games are booting flawlessly in USBLOaderGX!!!

Two final questions if I may: if my Wii is hooked up to an LCD and it's set to 480P, when I play GC games via USBLoaderGX/Nintendont, do I need to hold down B to set Progressive mode for compatible titles on boot, or do I just set "force progressive" or whatever the option is in the setting? Will this force 480p for GC games that do not natively support progressive scan (say Luigi's Mansion), or will it still only run in 480i? The traditional GC startup with the bouncing cube doesn't run when I boot a game via Nintendont, so I don't think I have the chance to set progressive mode in the traditional way.

Secondly, how do GC games save in Nintendont if it's emulating a memory card? That is to say, what settings enable that feature, and what "block size" should I use? I actually do have physical GC memory cards, but they're running out of space, so this seems like a cool feature.

well you can use the bios but its basicaly an asthetic thing just get the gc usa bios(since im guessing you will be using manly ntsc games) and rename it to iplusa.bin and put it on the root of your device.

memory card emulation is very easy my recomendation is just set memory card emulation to on and by default it will creat a 251 blocks memory card per game on your usb, that way if a save corrupts you only loose that single save instead of all saves, its just safer imo.

Also all compatible gc games will ask if you wanna use progressive no need to hold anything afaik, but yeah you can use force progressive to make games without 480p support to display in 480p, but games wich support it will ask anyway so just say yes aswhell when prompted xD.

poog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright so i'm not about to read through 1720 pages of a thread to find an answer to my question, though i've ran a search and can't find anything.

last night i got all my GC .isos onto an external drive, played a round of Mario Kart Double Dash, and put it down for a bit. an hour or so later i returned to the Wii U (loading from USB Loader GX on the vWii Homebrew channel) to play again and it keeps crashing and booting the Wii U menu. turns out my HDD has some physical issues so no big deal i figure, i can pick up a new one later.

so i take my SD card (formatted properly, FAT32, 32k cluster) and throw it in USB slot0 via USB/SD card adapter and it comes with some iffy results. when i auto load with my GC controller adapter plugged in, Nintendont reads "Drive size: nanGB Sector size: -1" and just freezes, leaving me to have to kill power to my Wii U. when auto load is not enabled, it'll try booting the game but it will immediately throw me back to the Wii U menu. is this a problem with trying to read the game from the SD card on the USB adapter? i'm tempted to run out to buy a USB stick to tide me over until i can shell out for another HDD, but i don't wanna waste that money if my problem may be elsewhere.

it's also worth noting that my Gamecube controller isn't working at all in Nintnedont's menu, though it was when i was trying to run Double Dash off the HDD before it crapped out on me.

any ideas would be appreciated :)

Last edited by poog,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright so i'm not about to read through 1720 pages of a thread to find an answer to my question, though i've ran a search and can't find anything.

last night i got all my GC .isos onto an external drive, played a round of Mario Kart Double Dash, and put it down for a bit. an hour or so later i returned to the Wii U (loading from USB Loader GX on the vWii Homebrew channel) to play again and it keeps crashing and booting the Wii U menu. turns out my HDD has some physical issues so no big deal i figure, i can pick up a new one later.

so i take my SD card (formatted properly, FAT32, 32k cluster) and throw it in USB slot0 via USB/SD card adapter and it comes with some iffy results. when i auto load with my GC controller adapter plugged in, Nintendont reads "Drive size: nanGB Sector size: -1" and just freezes, leaving me to have to kill power to my Wii U. when auto load is not enabled, it'll try booting the game but it will immediately throw me back to the Wii U menu. is this a problem with trying to read the game from the SD card on the USB adapter? i'm tempted to run out to buy a USB stick to tide me over until i can shell out for another HDD, but i don't wanna waste that money if my problem may be elsewhere.

it's also worth noting that my Gamecube controller isn't working at all in Nintnedont's menu, though it was when i was trying to run Double Dash off the HDD before it crapped out on me.

any ideas would be appreciated :)
What is the brand, class and size of the SD you are using? I use an SD card with a USB card reader on my Wii U and I have no issues. Also have you tried using the SD Slot of the Wii U itself? Maybe the USB port is damaged in some way.

As for the GameCube controller how is it connected to the Wii U?

We don't recommend USB Flash drives as they don't work very well with Nintendont as most of the cheap ones are just pure junk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ