Hacking Nintendont

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Except you will lose the ability to use GC controllers with supporting Wii and VC games, also from what I heard EmuNAND is pretty buggy on Wii U while as it works just fine on Wii.
That's why i have a Wii U Pro Controller and Wii Classic Controllers (which are much better options, except maybe for Smash) and the GC-Wii U adapter if it's necessary (not expensive, even if it is the original). No need to clutter just for ports.

Anyway, Nintendont is currently doing great, i wonder if there are still games that have problems with it.

Reactions: sindrik

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
That's why i have a Wii U Pro Controller and Wii Classic Controllers (which are much better options, except maybe for Smash) and the GC-Wii U adapter if it's necessary (not expensive, even if it is the original). No need to clutter just for ports.
Listen to yourself, in order to save space for one extra console you're jamming the place with so many controllers that you need a catalog just to remember which controller to use with each game, I just use one GC controller and call it a day, my hands are so used to it by now it's practically a part of it.

Also while Wii Classic Controllers are fine you still need to plug them in the Wiimote which still requires you to use AA batteries in the year 2016.

Anyway, Nintendont is currently doing great, i wonder if there are still games that have problems with it.
Na-ah nope, I'm not going there... need... stay... strong...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It hasn't been out of stock or expensive for a while now, at least in the US. http://smile.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI
And that's your answer, right there ;)

robertorpg94

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I format my external hd for which partition ? FAT 32 or NTFS ? which the recommendation to you? and another doubt GBA -link controller takes the wii u by any means adapter ?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ustealth in HD works in nintendont ? Partitioned hd it works with Ustealth function?
Are you asking if UStealth HDDs work in Nintendont? If yes then yes they do.

I format my external hd for which partition ? FAT 32 or NTFS ? which the recommendation to you? and another doubt GBA -link controller takes the wii u by any means adapter ?
Nintendont only uses FAT32. GBA Link cable does not work on the Wii U.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Listen to yourself, in order to save space for one extra console you're jamming the place with so many controllers that you need a catalog just to remember which controller to use with each game
Really? lol you do know he needs the controllers to play wiiu games and multiplayer anyway dont you? considering the wii and wiiu strong points are multiplayer eeryone i know had alot of controllers also most wii games do not have GC controller compat lol, gc controller is for mkwii and smash and afew more games but tahts it, only homebrew has all gc controller support, also i havent used baterys on my wiimote for years lol i just bough a fixed charged batery like any controller problem solved lol.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Listen to yourself, in order to save space for one extra console you're jamming the place with so many controllers that you need a catalog just to remember which controller to use with each game, I just use one GC controller and call it a day, my hands are so used to it by now it's practically a part of it.

Also while Wii Classic Controllers are fine you still need to plug them in the Wiimote which still requires you to use AA batteries in the year 2016.
You gotta be kidding. There is a reason why drawers exist in the modern era, or even small plastic boxes that you can neatly tuck away. No need to "jam the place with so many controllers", no need for a catalog unless you suffer from amnesia and can't make simple connections. Also, any of those controllers can be mixed and they all do the same to games/emulators.
Really? lol you do know he needs the controllers to play wiiu games and multiplayer anyway dont you? considering the wii and wiiu strong points are multiplayer eeryone i know had alot of controllers also most wii games do not have GC controller compat lol, gc controller is for mkwii and smash and afew more games but tahts it, only homebrew has all gc controller support, also i havent used baterys on my wiimote for years lol i just bough a fixed charged batery like any controller problem solved lol.
This is what we modern people do in 2016. AA batteries? No need for prehistoric solutions if there is technology available to solve those inconveniences.

About Nintendont, i'll rip and test GCN Rogue Squadron again, i think i had problems booting it months ago. We'll see.

Reactions: sindrik

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Rechargeable batteries break down so easily I gave up on them a long time ago, and I happen to mostly play Wii and VC games that support the GC controller (which btw are a LOT more than you think, just because "lol, not first party" doesn't mean they don't exist, I can name at least 30+ great Wii games that support the GC controller) besides I was talking about myself in particular in this case which I already have a Mios Wii not one of the new consoles that don't support GC, so in order for me to save space for one small console that I honestly just have it behind the TV, I need to keep track for so many controllers, which btw I play alone now.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rechargeable batteries break down so easily I gave up on them a long time ago, and I happen to mostly play Wii and VC games that support the GC controller (which btw are a LOT more than you think, just because "lol, not first party" doesn't mean they don't exist, I can name at least 30+ great Wii games that support the GC controller) besides I was talking about myself in particular in this case which I already have a Mios Wii not one of the new consoles that don't support GC, so in order for me to save space for one small console that I honestly just have it behind the TV, I need to keep track for so many controllers, which btw I play alone now.
Don't forget the Wii games that use GameCube peripherals like the Dance Pad.

I have both a Wii with GameCube ports, 3 as a matter of fact and I have a Wii U too but for myself I prefer an all in one console.

One of my Wii's has a WODE but I stopped using it when I found out that it doesn't fully support Audio Streaming games like my favorite game StarFox adventures. Nintendont is the best thing to happen to both the Wii and Wii U. Nintendo really should officially implement GameCube Virtual Console games. They could be raking in the money and boosting Wii U sales at the same time. There are plenty of GameCube games I wouldn't hesitate to buy if Nintendo released them as GameCube VC games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_that_use_the_Nintendo_GameCube_controller

i just dont see 30 amazing games on that list lol maybe 15 at best.

what i mean is basicaly of all the wii library you got like 5% of games with CC/GC controller support at beast.

Also who said i used rechargable baterys? i bought an actual batery placement that still works great to this day, if you get cheap 3rd party stuff then yeah they die easily you got to pay for the good stuff, its still way cheaper than paying well over 5 euros for 4 baterys that die in afew days of playing lol.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: sindrik and niuus

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_that_use_the_Nintendo_GameCube_controller

i just dont see 30 amazing games on that list lol maybe 15 at best.

what i mean is basicaly of all the wii library you got like 5% of games with CC/GC controller support at beast.
I didn't know Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary supports the GC controller, cool, I should have tried them before... Anyway this list is missing a lot of games actually, all Dance Dance Revolution games support the GC controller for example and the Wii has 7 different Dance Dance Revolution games, it's also missing Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary and a lot of GC to Wii ports, still that's a lot of games that I can use the GC controller with on a regular Wii and many of these games are quite good (Not Smash though, I really hate that game) :P

Also who said i used rechargable baterys? i bought an actual batery placement that still works great to this day, if you get cheap 3rd party stuff then yeah they die easily you got to pay for the good stuff, its still way cheaper than paying well over 5 euros for 4 baterys that die in afew days of playing lol.

I had no idea they made official rechargeable battery placement, all the ones I found were third party and even the more expensive ones didn't last me more than a couple of years, that's why I went back to using regular AA batteries, it sucks though, I still don't understand how Nintendo made this mistake by making controllers that use AA batteries in 2006, I bought my Wii in 2007 and I still thought the concept was outdated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't forget the Wii games that use GameCube peripherals like the Dance Pad.

I have both a Wii with GameCube ports, 3 as a matter of fact and I have a Wii U too but for myself I prefer an all in one console.

One of my Wii's has a WODE but I stopped using it when I found out that it doesn't fully support Audio Streaming games like my favorite game StarFox adventures. Nintendont is the best thing to happen to both the Wii and Wii U. Nintendo really should officially implement GameCube Virtual Console games. They could be raking in the money and boosting Wii U sales at the same time. There are plenty of GameCube games I wouldn't hesitate to buy if Nintendo released them as GameCube VC games.
That's true, but I'm afraid if Gamecube VC happened all we'll be getting is first party content and while there's a huge liberary of great first party games on the Gamecube (one of the best Nintendo consoles ever) there are also a lot of third party ones that I feel could benefit from that, both the GBA and Gamecube were loaded of great third party titles and I'm afraid we'll end up with another GBA VC where most of the great third party titles will be missing, I guess there's always injects in the future =p

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sry if this question has already been asked ^^

Can the wii homebrew channel be installed with the wii u homebrew channel too? They both are runnig on the same sd card, ist this possible?

Shawshank007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody,

Just a quick question after reading the first post : Is there a kind of solution to play gamecube games which use the microphone (odama, mario party, ...) on the vwii ?
if no, maybe there is a standard (like HID for controllers) which could allow using USB headset for those games... it's just an idea if devs always want to improve nintendont.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people complaining about using AA Batteries. Microsoft still uses AA Batteries in their controllers even the Xbox One controller still use AA Batteries. Unless you buy the Play and Charge Kit every new controller comes with a pair of AA Batteries.

I currently us the Energizer Quad Indiction Charger for my Wii Remotes. I even replaced the AAA batteries that come with the charge packs with higher capacity batteries. I've been using this setup for several years now. The benefit of using standard AA Batteries is that you will never have to find a place that sells those proprietary rechargeable batteries like Sony uses (you can't even get them from Sony, they told me to get a new controller).

Hi everybody,

Just a quick question after reading the first post : Is there a kind of solution to play gamecube games which use the microphone (odama, mario party, ...) on the vwii ?
if no, maybe there is a standard (like HID for controllers) which could allow using USB headset for those games... it's just an idea if devs always want to improve nintendont.
If the Microphone uses the Memory Card slot than it cannot be used on the vWii. I don't know if those games will accept a USB Mic since the GameCube never had USB ports.

Can the wii homebrew channel be installed with the wii u homebrew channel too? They both are runnig on the same sd card, ist this possible?
The Wii Homebrew Channel is installed into the vWii and is not on the SD Card. Only the apps are on the SD Card. I assume by Wii U Homebrew Channel you are referring to running stuff like Loadliine? There is no Wii U Homebrew Channel as far as I'm aware.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wii U Homebrew Launcher's SD filesystem (sd:/wiiu/apps/) doesn't conflict with Wii Homebrew Channel (sd:/apps/), so you should be able to use the same SD card for both. That having been said, you can't run Wii homebrew in Wii U mode, so you'd still have to switch to Wii mode.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everybody,

No support for vwii and likely it will never have it since it would be a nightmare turning random microphones usb into gc mc slot code and so on so yeah if you really want to use the mic your only chance is a wii with GC ports and using the MC slots to insert them, remenber tough while using microphones you need to have mcemu set to off on the wii so no memory card emulation while using them.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
To the people complaining about using AA Batteries. Microsoft still uses AA Batteries in their controllers even the Xbox One controller still use AA Batteries. Unless you buy the Play and Charge Kit every new controller comes with a pair of AA Batteries.
To be fair Microsoft also makes USB controllers to plug and play like the good old days, but I admit I didn't like what they did either, it's stupid to use AA batteries in this day and age.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: yawn