Hacking Nintendont

TehJungelBewk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, that is hilarious, and what a horrifying button to hit on accident!

Also, for the people who were having problems with video for THPS3, I am not having any video problems, the intro video plays fine with no cut video or black screen. I am playing on a Sanyo 32" CRT, and playing on the most recent version of Nintendont, and the ISO 1:1 copy of my own copy of THPS3.

Are you guys talking about fmvs that you unlock during the game?

Last edited by TehJungelBewk,

magus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Haha, that is hilarious, and what a horrifying button to hit on accident!

Also, for the people who were having problems with video for THPS3, I am not having any video problems, the intro video plays fine with no cut video or black screen. I am playing on a Sanyo 32" CRT, and playing on the most recent version of Nintendont, and the ISO 1:1 copy of my own copy of THPS3.

Are you guys talking about fmvs that you unlock during the game?
yup, defitively is my tv, tried on my friend tv CRT and worked fine, one thing i noticed is that forcing progressive makes the FMV show black screen.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This was asked above on post 29444, but what is the read speed limiter, and why would disabling it lower compatibility?
games are written to run from disc, so they are optimized for disc load times, disabling the limiter will load them super quick but could mess up audio, crash on loading screens, stop triggers from working, stuff like that can happen.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) in sonic advance 1, it's available from the start.
2) if you did have to unlock it, it would be unlocked because i've been using it.. ;P
3) thanks for answering!!! that means it's definitely something wrong with my game, then. and i found out my game isn't NTSC-U... could that be why? my gc game is NTSC-U, my wii is NTSC-U, so is my GBASP, only thing that isn't is my copy of sonic advance.
probably considering all games are region locked you need a gba game that matches the gc game region for sure i bet, i know pokemon ntsc games cant trae with pal colosseum and such so yeah it might be the case.On another question is your game in english? and your gc game also in english?

yes and this is the first time I try to run it from HC and it works why? code dump using Wiiflow, black screen running it by forwarder this is a big issue or I must update the forwarder?
nintendont will only return to channels witha full stub, most fowarders dont have a full stub so they crash when returning, tbh i dont know any nintendont fowarder with a full stub, of course you can get usb loders full stub fowarders and the homebrew channel itself works, so yeah it will always crash when returning from a fowarder that isnt a full stub.

Reactions: Doux91

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should do the trick until other options become available lol

6yz0ns.png

Having another drive seems a bit of a pain. I'd rather just have it all setup and leave it be but thanks for the idea ;)

Maybe Nintendont could be stored and run from a different location on the SD. Suppose that will be for the CFG Loader thread though although isn't it Fix94 who made both :S?
Or, OR, you could put Nintendont on the USB instead, and it wouldn't show up with your other apps at all.

dexter2341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue to report. It seems that USBLoader GX rev 1253 does not work with the three latest nintendont revisions (3.356, 3.357 and 3.358). Nintendont loads, the bios screen appears and does its thing, then a black screen appears and nothing happens. The games did load when I went directly through nintendont. I switched back to 3.355 and the games load fine.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue to report. It seems that USBLoader GX rev 1253 does not work with the three latest nintendont revisions (3.356, 3.357 and 3.358). Nintendont loads, the bios screen appears and does its thing, then a black screen appears and nothing happens. The games did load when I went directly through nintendont. I switched back to 3.355 and the games load fine.
This is a issue with usb loader gx, not Nintendont.

FIX94 may look into it though.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know of a way to hide Nintendont in the Homebrew Channel on vWii? I've got it set up to boot through CFG Loader and have used CFG Loader to hide games not suitable for my daughters age. However with Nintendont showing up in the Homebrew Channel those games are accessible in there...
Try this, rename the loader to "loader.dol" instead of "boot.dol" andthen go to the settings in USB Loader GX and locate Nintendont from there, as I noticed that USB Loader GX can find both "boot.dol" and "loader.dol" while the HBC can only see "boot.dol" so it won't see it.

Another idea for a solution would be to convert the file from "boot.dol" to "boot.elf" this MAY work with USB Loader GX too but not with the HBC.

It's worth mentioning though that with USB Loader GX you can STILL access any .dol file you have, you can do the same with WiiXplorer too and other programs, so the issue might still be there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey all.

i've tried searching everywhere about this issue, and i'm just trying to figure out what the deal is. i have nintendont running on my wii (with gc memory card / controller ports.) i turned native control on, and i have my gbasp connected to it to transfer chao from sonic adventure dx / 2: battle. it works fine with NO GAME in the GBA (temporarily downloads tiny chao garden to GBA RAM) however, when i insert sonic advance (completely cleared, new save file / no chao garden data) and i select the chao transporter, it shows my GBA but it says there is NO game cartridge with "tiny chao garden" available, and the transfer just fails.

is this a nintendont issue? just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. thanks a lot in advance, as usual! <3
It's been a while since I used that so my memory may not be accurate here "I mostly use it with no cart because this way you can duplicate your Chao, you couldn't do that on the Dreamcast version though, but the Chao Adventure was far more superior and fun than the mini Chao Garden imo, plus the minigame you get from Sonic Adventure DX is exclusive" but I think the problem is that you already have a Chao "or a Chao egg" in the GBA, region has nothing to do with it but you must first hatch the egg on the GBA, then connect the game to the Gamecube while running both Chao gardens, the transporter thingi should appear, you must first take the Chao from the GBA to the Gamecube since you can only have ONE Chao in there, then transfer your desired Chao to the garden instead.

1) in sonic advance 1, it's available from the start.
2) if you did have to unlock it, it would be unlocked because i've been using it.. ;P
3) thanks for answering!!! that means it's definitely something wrong with my game, then. and i found out my game isn't NTSC-U... could that be why? my gc game is NTSC-U, my wii is NTSC-U, so is my GBASP, only thing that isn't is my copy of sonic advance.
That is correct, in Sonic Advance and Sonic Pinball Party the Chao garden is already available from the start "if I recall in later ports of Sonic Advance like Sonic N and Sonic Advance Android the Chao garden was completely removed" anyway only Sonic Advance 2 have you unlock it, then again that game was very unforgiving when it comes to unlockables, like seriously, hardly anyone I know even knows that Amy is a playable character in that game because of how insane the things you must do is to unlock her.

Then why have the option at all?
I agree with this, I don't mind the option but wouldn't it be wise to have a warning message when enabled to make sure people don't report issues if they use it, kinda like when using 16MB MCs?

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with this, I don't mind the option but wouldn't it be wise to have a warning message when enabled to make sure people don't report issues if they use it, kinda like when using 16MB MCs?
I agree, this, and possibly a new column in compatibility list, so we would know if a game break with this option enabled :)

Reactions: boomerang42

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hmm, what about a option to disable the memory card speed limiter?
that shouldnt ever be made, becuase if the speed limiter ingame makes the game crash its a simple crash if the speed limiter corrupts your mc save its lost forever lol you really wanna take that chance and corrupt half of your saves just by trying?

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1