Hacking Nintendont

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I must be missing something obvious, I have Nintendont booted up, I press sync button on pro controller, press it on wii console but get no sync. I can get wii classic controller working on gc games so I do have Nintendont successfully working, the only issue is the syncing pro controller.

Any settings I need to change? Or anything I'm doing wrong in sync procedure?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I must be missing something obvious, I have Nintendont booted up, I press sync button on pro controller, press it on wii console but get no sync. I can get wii classic controller working on gc games so I do have Nintendont successfully working, the only issue is the syncing pro controller.

Any settings I need to change? Or anything I'm doing wrong in sync procedure?
Fake controller?

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh I see I was trying to sync while booted in Nintendon't menus. Once the game booted I didnt even have to sync, I just pressed a button and the pro controller was recognised. The only thing is I must wait for the Wii-mote to go to sleep and then connect the pro controller or it registers it as controller two and I cant use it. Unless there is way to change controller priority once game is loaded?

Try syncing it when in the System Menu. Remember it won't show as synced. If the controller does one blink, it's synced.

yes I tried this, when I did this I could feel the pro controller rumble once, the controller icon would flash. So there was some connectivity but it would no hold sync.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh I see I was trying to sync while booted in Nintendon't menus. Once the game booted I didnt even have to sync, I just pressed a button and the pro controller was recognised. The only thing is I must wait for the Wii-mote to go to sleep and then connect the pro controller or it registers it as controller two and I cant use it. Unless there is way to change controller priority once game is loaded?

yes I tried this, when I did this I could feel the pro controller rumble once, the controller icon would flash. So there was some connectivity but it would no hold sync.
So its working?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U Pro controller will not stay synced while in the System Menu or any Wii game as it doesn't know how. It will only stay synced in Nintendont and Homebrew that supports it.

As for the Wii remote being player one. Do you have a controller connected to it? If so disconnect it before loading Nintendont.

Yes, thank you guys, much appreciated.

Stoked I can play my GC games without being tethered so close to the tv and so many controller options, its awesome:)
Also, you can simulate a half pressed analog button by holding the L shoulder button while pressing either zR or zL.

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the Wii remote being player one. Do you have a controller connected to it? If so disconnect it before loading Nintendont.

Also, you can simulate a half pressed analog button by holding the L shoulder button while pressing either zR or zL.

Yeah I still had my classic controller plugged in to the wii-mote, cheers for the tip.

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen, Swiss's widescreen patch did something similar, but it's been a while so it could be a lot different now. Out of mostly nostalgia, I went back to using my gamecube, so I won't be messing with any of that stuff for a while.

I simply wanted to explain to you that some of this might not be as easy as you thought. Though, I'm not entirely sure about vWii anymore, since it displays differently than Wii. I might have to look into enabling homebrew on vWii and start mucking about with it.
Okay, thanks for explaining. You can go ahead and look into that if you want. :)
@FIX94: Any chance we could get some Slot B MCEmu action for games like Animal Crossing?
That's definitely going into the wishlist.
Nintendont Wishlist
  • Swiss' widescreen sprite/text patching
  • 4:3/16:9 aspect ratio setting
  • More controller and adapter support
  • Home menu?
  • Ability to take screenshots and record video
  • Workaround for the menu's videomode, so PAL users with RGB cable can watch it with colours instead of everything in red.
  • A fix in Sonic Mega Collection for audio delay the first time you run a game. Currently you need to enter the Z menu at least once after you select a game for it to synch.
  • A fix for the documentary video in Mega Man Anniversary Collection losing audio after watching it for a while
  • Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO (US version) working with Force Progressive enabled
  • Larger memory card support for Ultimate Spider-Man
  • Slot B MCEmu

Nintendont Pipe Dreams
  • Better framerate in some parts of some games
  • N64 support (New app)
  • FIFO dumping

Strikethrough shows something shot down by a dev.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Troopage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1