Hacking Nintendont

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does ayone ave any clue what youre supposed to modify to make the Princess Peach's Castle Tech Demo?
I tried it virgin. I tried it modified to work in Dolphin. Neither of those ways works in Nintendont tho. It just resets my Wii U entirely.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Does ayone ave any clue what youre supposed to modify to make the Princess Peach's Castle Tech Demo?
I tried it virgin. I tried it modified to work in Dolphin. Neither of those ways works in Nintendont tho. It just resets my Wii U entirely.

delete or rename bios files on the root of your sd/hdd
or hexedit the iso and change the ID6 to D40E01 and use my mod

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete or rename bios files on the root of your sd/hdd
or hexedit the iso and change the ID6 to D40E01 and use my mod

Could you expain this a little bit further?

Why would deleting/renaming my bios help make this work? I would assume it would make none of my other backups work if I did that. Also, rename the bios to what?

Also, if I hex edit the iso (which I've done before to make it run in Dolphin), what offset does the ID6 live at? The very beginning?

Thanks again for your help tho!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Why would deleting/renaming my bios help make this work? I would assume it would make none of my other backups work if I did that. Also, rename the bios to what?

Also, if I hex edit the iso (which I've done before to make it run in Dolphin), what offset does the ID6 live at? The very beginning?

no game needs the bios to play that is just a visual thing lol

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's because Peach's Castle was a tech demo that was never meant to be played on a GameCube, so the BIOS rejects it. Since Nintendont will only access the BIOS if it's there and correctly named, it will no longer be an issue for the game if the BIOS isn't played

Edit: The only advantage to having the BIOS is for nostalgia/visual pleasure and managing emulated memory cards

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because Peach's Castle was a tech demo that was never meant to be played on a GameCube, so the BIOS rejects it. Since Nintendont will only access the BIOS if it's there and correctly named, it will no longer be an issue for the game if the BIOS isn't played

Sooooo, what you're telling me is that Nintendont no longer needs the bios?
If so, that's pretty slick.

edit: does this effect anything else?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooo, what you're telling me is that Nintendont no longer needs the bios?
If so, that's pretty slick.

edit: does this effect anything else?

... It never did??

No, it does not affect anything else, other than that you won't be able to access the GameCube's settings menu by pressing "a" while the opening animation is playing, and said animation will not play

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooooo, where would the bios be located and what would they be called if I had them?
abdallah said on the root?

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im now thinking that I never had the gamecube bios since I never saw the gamecube bootup screen.
So, the default iso should work in regular nintendont?
The compatiblity list says it should if i edit the header but it doesnt say HOW to edit the header...?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im now thinking that I never had the gamecube bios since I never saw the gamecube bootup screen.
So, the default iso should work in regular nintendont?
The compatiblity list says it should if i edit the header but it doesnt say HOW to edit the header...?

Oh man , you are waaay behind on nintendont again, maybe you should reread the 1st page again, it has loads of information about controllers , bios , etc.

Also AbdallahTerro, why does he need the mod again? The demo should run with the original NINTENDONT also right?

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I don't see my Wii remote addon listed here, but is there a way I can generate an INI for it? I'm trying to use the Guitar Hero Guitar addon (the one bundled with Guitar Hero III)
I don't feel like buying bongos but the GameCube controller makes Donkey Konga impossible to play.

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man , you are waaay behind on nintendont again, maybe you should reread the 1st page again, it has loads of information about controllers , bios , etc.

Also AbdallahTerro, why does he need the mod again? The demo should run with the original NINTENDONT also right?

Unless the first post somehow explains what Im supposed to hex edit in the peach's castle to get it to run in nintendont, I don't think it will be useful.
You wouldn't happen to know what "Header must be modified to appear in the Nintendont loader." means specificially would you?
My princess peach backup always showed up in Nintendont but would reboot my Wii U when I attempted to run it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated in solving this mystery.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I don't see my Wii remote addon listed here, but is there a way I can generate an INI for it? I'm trying to use the Guitar Hero Guitar addon (the one bundled with Guitar Hero III)
I don't feel like buying bongos but the GameCube controller makes Donkey Konga impossible to play.
Bluetooth controllers do not use INI files. They are only used for HID USB devices and the GHIII Guitar for the Wii is not. Nintendont would have to be coded to use that add-on just like the Nunchuck was.

Unless the first post somehow explains what Im supposed to hex edit in the peach's castle to get it to run in nintendont, I don't think it will be useful.
You wouldn't happen to know what "Header must be modified to appear in the Nintendont loader." means specificially would you?
My princess peach backup always showed up in Nintendont but would reboot my Wii U when I attempted to run it.
When a game reboots or shuts the console down it means that Nintendont couldn't properly patch the game to work.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go get this.
Make a backup of your disc image, then open your with it the hex editor. Click on the right side where the text version of the contents is displayed and change the first 6 characters in the file on the right side to D40E01. (I think the original ID is NDDEMO, maybe?)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Hex edit the iso and make the fourth litter "J" instead of "E" that should do it, the game runs fine without the bios but if you're using the bios you have to hex edit some "non-commercial" games to match up with the region, also PAL is a pain to configure!

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go get this.
Make a backup of your disc image, then open your with it the hex editor. Click on the right side where the text version of the contents is displayed and change the first 6 characters in the file on the right side to D40E01. (I think the original ID is NDDEMO, maybe?)

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
This worked! I can now experience the first breath of life the gamecube ever had. That's awesome. It's like getting a glimpse at Nintendo's raw, unadultered creativity before they have to turn it into a chesive package. So cool.

Hex edit the iso and make the fourth litter "J" instead of "E" that should do it, the game runs fine without the bios but if you're using the bios you have to hex edit some "non-commercial" games to match up with the region, also PAL is a pain to configure!

This, on the other hand, did not work...unless you meant change the E to J in the modified D40E01 ID? But by itself (the original ID is like 01.E01), that change did not work but thank you anyways! The responses in this thread are always very helpful!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    EAT LOTS OF ORANGES :P
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat mor Chikn!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh and you aren't allowed to make @Psionic Roshambo cry only once a week
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    oh and you get paid 90% below minimum wage
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    (xp doesn't grow on trees y'know)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get on my level
    Ken I use those tears as lube lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodium benefits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodiumchickentirade
    Lol Ken looks like the one in my shower
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hell no
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like a brown recluse
    Fun times lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit
    Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Swing from the penis
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    what
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mike Jones
  • light27 @ light27:
    someone take away that spider
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: It was fun