Hacking Nintendont

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, quick question. i have an EXT HDD in my Wii with two partitions NTFS and FAT32, first i was only NTFS partition but i resized it to 50gb for Nintendont, and now my Wii takes the NTFS one as USB1 and the FAT32 as USB2 (this only happens using a USBLoader) so the question is, rebuilding the MBR of my HDD will make my FAT32 Partition (marked as primary) the first one?

Running Nintendont from the HBC or using a loader works fine. This issue happens in USB Loaders.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried converting the shrinked iso to full one but the problem persists. No music :( Now I'm downloading another one that seems to have the correct file size.

For your information once an ISO is shrunk there is no way to convert it back to a 1:1 iso as all the garbage data has been removed and can't be restored.

Glad to hear another ISO solved your issue.

On another note if someone's ISO shows up as 1.45GB it means that the person is using a Mac with Mac OS X 10.6 or later as Apple changed how file sizes are calculated.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between wiiu widescreen and the force widescreen patch?

I have used the force widescreen patch and it renders the extra area on the sides making the game 16:9. There are a few games that it did not work on like rouge squadron but it could be turned off per game.

What exactly does the wiiu widescreen do? Does it render the extra area on the sides, stretch the 4:3 to 16:9 or something completely different? Out of the two options which is better?

SlappyTheDummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For your information once an ISO is shrunk there is no way to convert it back to a 1:1 iso as all the garbage data has been removed and can't be restored.

Glad to hear another ISO solved your issue.

On another note if someone's ISO shows up as 1.45GB it means that the person is using a Mac with Mac OS X 10.6 or later as Apple changed how file sizes are calculated.

I'm using a linux OS based sysem , precisely ubuntu 14.04 LTS. It is always a Unix system like , so maybe it affect sizes calculations as well. Anyway thanks for the tip about shrunked iso.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It would make it so that USB loading a game would have identical loading speeds as if you were to play off a disk. Helpful for speed running.
what? so you want us too slow down loading speed for some speed runs? cmon ...

every worthy speed runner uses original hardware only.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
what? so you want us too slow down loading speed for some speed runs? cmon ...

every worthy speed runner uses original hardware only.
Surely faster load times are helpful to speed runs! :P

But seriously speed runs have to be done on original hardware to ensure timings are the same. Nintendon't gives the GameCube game slightly better performance outside of just loading times.
There was discussion yesterday that Metal Gear Solid runs marginly faster in general, for instance.

Reactions: rennsport

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between wiiu widescreen and the force widescreen patch?

I have used the force widescreen patch and it renders the extra area on the sides making the game 16:9. There are a few games that it did not work on like rouge squadron but it could be turned off per game.

What exactly does the wiiu widescreen do? Does it render the extra area on the sides, stretch the 4:3 to 16:9 or something completely different? Out of the two options which is better?
Wii U Widescreen makes the Wii U indicate a wide-screen image to your TV over HDMI (otherwise it indicates 4:3) so that you don't have to manually set the mode on your TV. It doesn't change what gets rendered at all, so unless the game supports 16:9 or you use the force wide-screen hack, the image will be stretched out.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would make it so that USB loading a game would have identical loading speeds as if you were to play off a disk. Helpful for speed running.

it would never be allowed to use a unofficial emulator to commit a speedrun time I can say you that already. Nintendont itself lets the game run faster anyways since the processor its running on is 1.5x faster than the gc processor so all the micro-slowdowns you have on real hardware dont exist.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
it would never be allowed to use a unofficial emulator to commit a speedrun time I can say you that already. Nintendont itself lets the game run faster anyways since the processor its running on is 1.5x faster than the gc processor so all the micro-slowdowns you have on real hardware dont exist.

[user]FIX94[/user] I've been meaning to ask you. And I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand but could you please clarify something for me.
Is it OK if I configure CFG loader with videomode NTSC (or System Defined) and videopatch ALL? Are there any drawbacks in doing so?
Reason I'm asking is because I've read that games like MadWorld can't be displayed in 480p without forcing them. But I'm not sure if that's still relevant when playing on a WiiU... (You know cause the output is always 1080p whatever you feed it)

TL;DR: Do I need to force 480p when playing games like Metroid Prime 3, MadWorld, etc on WiiU (vWii)? And what's the possible drawback to enable it GLOBALLY instead of on a per-game basis?

Thanks, and sorry for the off-topic.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TL;DR: Do I need to force 480p when playing games like Metroid Prime 3, MadWorld, etc on WiiU (vWii)? And what's the possible drawback to enable it GLOBALLY instead of on a per-game basis?

Yes you would need todo that, otherwise you would get a interlaced picture which makes the quality worse. I would never use a patch on all games though because you can get heavy slowdowns or crashes in some games.

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yes you would need todo that, otherwise you would get a interlaced picture which makes the quality worse. I would never use a patch on all games though because you can get heavy slowdowns or crashes in some games.

So even Metroid Prime right? I mean, IIRC, the issue with interlaced came from the alt .dol being loaded etc. Is that still an issue?
Thanks again my man.

PS: Anyone knows where I could find a list of games that DOESN'T support 480p?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol