Hacking Nintendont

SceptoNite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem where Nintendont gets stuck at "Loading Patched Kernel... -1". It used to work perfectly, but it just all of a sudden got stuck. I've tried three different themes, including the default one. Help?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks a lot!! I'll look for another ISO. Sorry for the inconvinience and, again, thanks a lot to the programmers of Nintendont for the amazing job!!
its not an iso issue luigi mansion pal randomly works or not just keep trying and it will work eventualy for me hid on makes it not work everytime other ppl mcemu on makes it happen for them, luigi mansion pal is preety unstable i would recomend using the ntsc version in the meantime.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just leaving this here: Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage still has silent opening in the opening and cutscenes on Nintendont v2.277. I've updated the compatibility list, since it was last-tried on one of the 1.1 versions.

Outside of that the game works perfectly though.
*deleted copyrighted file*

anychance of you trying out this dol and tell me if it has sound on those parts and if everything is stable my guess is arstatdma again since its a sound issue and most sound issues are this so i putted the game on a exception list tell me if it works or not or anyone that has the game btw.

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been testing with Luigi's Mansion PAL, and in my case it only works properly when forcing VIDEO PAL 50. But pedro702 is right, the game boots randomly, and freezes sometimes giving a black screen on boot.

I think I'll go to the NTSC version.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PAL version of Luigi's Mansion has issues with MCEmu. If you turn it off the game boots. It has had this issue for many versions now. The last version it worked with MCEmu was 2.248.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
updated the dol and patch for the themes mod

changelog:
*added all triforce games to bios exception list which should be complete now

I'll start adding DS3 and DS4 BT support now that we have official libs by Xerpi, but this might take a while
all links in my sig or via internal updater if you are already using the mod

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The PAL version of Luigi's Mansion has issues with MCEmu. If you turn it off the game boots. It has had this issue for many versions now. The last version it worked with MCEmu was 2.248.

For you maybe, my PAL copy works fine, but i heard from pedro702 that it has something to do with HID and MCEMU and possibly wii u.
I only use a wii and wavebirds directly connected...and have no issue.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently using an original GC memory card, and all of my games are NTSC-U. However, I now have a couple of Japanese games I'd like to play, and I know that saving one of those on my original card will destroy my data. Is there some way I can get NINTENDONT to emulate memory for just certain games?

chuuey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
has anyone managed to get NTSC Tales of Symphonia running on PAL60? I get a damn red screen w/o PAL60... And the game doesn't boot when forcing PAL mode :/

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC 4:3 VC games and/or Wiiware display in their correct aspect ratio, right? It would be a matter of finding out how exactly is it that they announce the aspect ratio to the console.
Some do, some don't. VC is all in stretched widescreen when I launch it from Wiiflow, but from the system menu it's correctly pillarboxed to preserve the 4:3 aspect ratio. Wiiware is a mixed bag. Most 4:3 games seem to be at the correct aspect ratio, while a few (Blaster Master: Overdrive) are stretched.

I have read that the system menu uses a simple hack to accomplish what it does with VC. Basically, it checks the first letter of the channel ID, and sets vWii 4:3 mode if it matches the naming scheme for VC games (E, F, N, etc.). That's why HBC is stuck in squished 4:3 on Wii U--the channel name looks like a VC game. Obviously, this won't help with Nintendont.

I'm not sure how it's done on WiiWare, but I have some suspicions.

1: since it is handled inconsistently and doesn't depend on the launcher or system menu, the game itself must be triggering the change in aspect ratio.

2: since the original Wii had no HDMI, it must be getting the info about the display's native aspect ratio from the console's system settings.

3: I notice the same slight skew in some 4:3 WiiWare games that we've been noticing in Nintendont. As such, Nintendont is likely already using the same method WiiWare uses. I didn't see this with the same games on the original Wii over component cables, so the scaling is likely native to the Wii U console rather than implemented by the software itself.

4: I've also seen the same narrow 4:3 "squish" in a lot of emulators on other platforms, so it probably has something to do with integer scaling or square pixels. I'm thinking it scales the picture as much as it can with integer scaling and pads the rest with black pixels.

If the scaling is done natively by the Wii U, then I imagine there's not a real fix for it. We can try to live with it, since it's a lot more subtle of an aspect skew than stretching to 16:9. We could let the console display in stretched 16:9 and try using the aspect setting on the TV to see if it works any better. Alternatively, we could try to find something similar to the 16:9 hack that would force the 3D "camera" to compensate.

JGamez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its called GCMM and you don't need dolphin at all because this app can put gci's on real memory card and then dump the whole card to RAW. What would be useful is if nintendont could mount a folder instead of a file as Memory card 2 and you could put gci files into that folder and have them show up as actual saves in the gamecube bios and therefore copy the saves to memcard emu 1 (all in nintendont)

Wait so I have used GCMM before but do you know how I put my memory card save-games on the nintendon't memory card?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated the dol and patch for the themes mod

changelog:
*added all triforce games to bios exception list which should be complete now

I'll start adding DS3 and DS4 BT support now that we have official libs by Xerpi, but this might take a while
all links in my sig or via internal updater if you are already using the mod

Yisss BT DS3 and 4....

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am on a Wii U but I don't use HID.
like i told you everyone has diferent issues with this game that guy abode said his game works with pal 50, for me my game works everytime with hid off and mcemu on for you its the mcemu, since its not a game crash but a nintendont crash it might be affected by several things.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I have a massive update for today which does all kinds of things, took me a few days to get everything done:
-slightly updated ARStartDMA code, fixed a small mistake in it and made it easier to debug
-fixed up progressive video mode flag and added a exception to skip it on BMX XXX so the game doesnt freeze when using a component/hdmi cable
-added a new img patching method which gets NBA 2k2, NBA 2k3, NCAA College Football 2K3 as well as NCAA College Basketball 2K3 fully working
-added ARStartDMA exceptions for NBA 2k2, Army Men Sarges War, ESPN MLS Extra Time 2002, Monster 4x4: Masters Of Metal and SD Gundam Gashapon Wars to fix various issues with these games
-skipping the GC BIOS if one of the 4 working triforce games gets detected
-slightly increased our kernel memory

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have a massive update for today which does all kinds of things, took me a few days to get everything done:
-slightly updated ARStartDMA code, fixed a small mistake in it and made it easier to debug
-fixed up progressive video mode flag and added a exception to skip it on BMX XXX so the game doesnt freeze when using a component/hdmi cable
-added a new img patching method which gets NBA 2k2, NBA 2k3, NCAA College Football 2K3 as well as NCAA College Basketball 2K3 fully working
-added ARStartDMA exceptions for NBA 2k2, Army Men Sarges War, ESPN MLS Extra Time 2002, Monster 4x4: Masters Of Metal and SD Gundam Gashapon Wars to fix various issues with these games
-skipping the GC BIOS if one of the 4 working triforce games gets detected
-slightly increased our kernel memory

You may have missed asm/OSReportDM.S when checking in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: @BakerMan...