Hacking Nintendont

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 got to test out 2.272 today with F-Zero AX and the game ran no problem silky smooth and beautiful with 9 credits every time, really loving it. Thx a lot. Going to test out Luigi's Mansion next and see if it gives me a problem. I'll edit here with my results if my post doesn't get buried in the activity here lol.

EDIT: Luigi's Mansion played great as well for the half hour I played with it, just don't go trying to watch the Pikmin movies under options lest you run into a freeze, although you can use the exit combo to return to loader ;)

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.273 is up

-Added new boot status message "Cheat path is empty" when cheats are on and cheat path is on and the cheat path isn't set
-Changed boot status messages "Initing devices..." to "Initing storage devices..."
-Improved gamecube adapter for wii u bongo support

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
After much research I'm not exactly sure where to start to try something like that. Do you know where there are instructions or I could learn? Thanks!

it's hard to find info, you have to learn the hard way.
when making such dol, it needs to have settings that match your setup (use usb controller, mc emu, widescreen, game on sd or usb...) so what works for me might not work for you.
if you want some guidance on where to start main.c in loader/source is what you should edit:
look for // B cancel autoboot section and use that to your advantage
you can force all the settings you need there by adding them manually and still be able to press b to change them while booting.
also I recommend removing the background.png and replacing font.ttf with a tiny one to get a tiny dol.
good luck

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.273 is up

-Added new boot status message "Cheat path is empty" when cheats are on and cheat path is on and the cheat path isn't set
-Changed boot status messages "Initing devices..." to "Initing storage devices..."

Can't wait to test with the bongos I bought today!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Version 2.273 is up

Sorry to be that guy, but isn't it "Initiating" and not Initing?
Thought I might ask.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be that guy, but isn't it "Initiating" and not Initing?
Thought I might ask.

Yeah, uh, could we have them correct that, it's not grammatically correct :P

Howard

Unless it's a really weird abbreviation, it should read "initializing". Hope it's not too hard to change.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duh, you guys. Nintendont has to haze that newbie storage device to prove its loyalty and establish a pecking order. Hence, initiating. ;)

Wahad987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Im very late to the party but I have one question regarding multiplayer...

I read couple of replies from august and someone said that its not possible to play in two players, except if you have gc adapter and gc controllers...

Well is there any changes regarding that? I tried with my PS4 controllers but as soon as I connect second one, first one stops working... So, is there any chance to play multiplayer in any way?

Wii mote + nunchuck, i have 4 of them... PS3 controllers, Xbox controllers, PS4 controllers... So is there any combination for it or still no?

EDIT: Ok I just tried and xbox 360 controller is working in pair with wiimote+nunchuk, but only original. It looks like nintendont wont recognize non-original controllers.... :(

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some people might remember about the multiplayer support in Nintendont for Triforce games.
When I had time to actually add this none of the games were working so I thought about waiting till they do and now that they actually do work I don't have any time for this stuff anymore.

I wrote down most of the Triforce stuff here and also briefly documented all the socket functions, so hopefully someone might have time to add them.

http://crediar.no-ip.com/tritek.htm

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So Im very late to the party but I have one question regarding multiplayer...

I read couple of replies from august and someone said that its not possible to play in two players, except if you have gc adapter and gc controllers...

Well is there any changes regarding that? I tried with my PS4 controllers but as soon as I connect second one, first one stops working... So, is there any chance to play multiplayer in any way?

Wii mote + nunchuck, i have 4 of them... PS3 controllers, Xbox controllers, PS4 controllers... So is there any combination for it or still no?

EDIT: Ok I just tried and xbox 360 controller is working in pair with wiimote+nunchuk, but only original. It looks like nintendont wont recognize non-original controllers.... :(
nintendont isnt friendly for fakes or third pary controllers most of them, you can only have one hid device at a time be it the wiiu gc adapter wich holds 4 ports, be it a single ps3 controller only a single usb controller device can be used at a time.

only hid controllers have this restriction you can have as manny BT and gc controllers(on wii with gc ports) as you want but hid devices are restricted to one.

Reactions: Wahad987

Wahad987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!

Too bad for my fake controllers, I bougt it just for Wii Party (U) and stuff like that... I really hoped I can play Super Mario Strikers with a friends :)

I bet that new Mayflash Wii U adapter is working as it should with Nintendont right?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks!

Too bad for my fake controllers, I bougt it just for Wii Party (U) and stuff like that... I really hoped I can play Super Mario Strikers with a friends :)

I bet that new Mayflash Wii U adapter is working as it should with Nintendont right?
ppl on this thread said so but i dont have it so i cant tell you for sure.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Some people might remember about the multiplayer support in Nintendont for Triforce games.
When I had time to actually add this none of the games were working so I thought about waiting till they do and now that they actually do work I don't have any time for this stuff anymore.

I wrote down most of the Triforce stuff here and also briefly documented all the socket functions, so hopefully someone might have time to add them.

http://crediar.no-ip.com/tritek.htm

Thank you very much for your amazing community contribution crediar :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids