Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i've created a controller.ini for the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 :

logitech-cordless-rumblepad-2.jpg

Its based on settings of the F510 controller.
A,B,X,Y buttons are located in the way of the wii u gamepad / pro controller.
Post it on Nintendont controller thread, instead here..

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Resident Evil 4 NTSC-U is broken when i try to open my map or inventory it blackscreens freeze. Can anyone else confirm this so i know if its a problem on my part or if the game is broken?

Maybe this is a personal opinion, but I've always felt the Wii version was superior to the GC version of RE4 anyway. It is one of the few 3rd party games that got motion control just right (as did Silent Hill Shattered Memories, almost seems that the horror genre when done right benefits from motion control). I personally don't have any issue with RE4 not working with Nintendont as I still have the Wii version.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Same here, I fully played through both the GC & Wii version and I can definitely vouch that the Wii version was by far superior to the origInal GC version. They really got it right and enhanced the port in every way

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was playing Twilight Princess just now, to test some changes I made to my cache.txt and after saving I noticed the save date was 12/24/2014 at 01:42. Does nintendont set the date and time somehow instead of using the one from the Wii console?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the people saying that saving is unstable, you might wanna try r48.

Unfortunately saving is still unstable in Super Mario Sunshine, (NTSC, playing on a Wii U through a SD card)… sometimes it saves, but other times it doesn't even show the saving/continue options (it freezes before showing the save menu). However, the random freezes seems to have stopped!

Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

hippojay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just spend the best part of 2 hours tracking down an issue with HIDinit not working after I upgraded from 1.1 to 1.47. Seems like nintendont doesn't like to read UNIX style files, only WINDOWS.....

The actual line that causes the failure is in HID.c (line 390 _sprintf ) was brought in in r20:

Code:
u32 ConfigGetValue( char *Data, const char *EntryName, u32 Entry )
{
    char entryname[128];
    _sprintf( entryname, "\r\n%s=", EntryName );

char *str = strstr( Data, entryname );
If I remove the \r from the code, everything works fine...

It's too late at night for me, so I don't have time to find the fix - so this is a warning for anyone else..

Bracket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just spend the best part of 2 hours tracking down an issue with HIDinit not working after I upgraded from 1.1 to 1.47. Seems like nintendont doesn't like to read UNIX style files, only WINDOWS.....

The actual line that causes the failure is in HID.c (line 390 _sprintf ) was brought in in r20:

Code:
u32 ConfigGetValue( char *Data, const char *EntryName, u32 Entry )
{
    char entryname[128];
    _sprintf( entryname, "\r\n%s=", EntryName );

char *str = strstr( Data, entryname );
If I remove the \r from the code, everything works fine...

It's too late at night for me, so I don't have time to find the fix - so this is a warning for anyone else..
Just convert your file's line endings to CRLF (\r\n, carriage return/line feed). UNIX line endings don't have the carriage return (\r)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a personal opinion, but I've always felt the Wii version was superior to the GC version of RE4 anyway. It is one of the few 3rd party games that got motion control just right (as did Silent Hill Shattered Memories, almost seems that the horror genre when done right benefits from motion control). I personally don't have any issue with RE4 not working with Nintendont as I still have the Wii version.
Yeah, horror games benefit greatly from anything that can improve immersion, and motion controls certainly do that when done correctly. That's why you see so many simple horror games making use of the Oculus Rift.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE remember to delete old saves and the nincfg.bin when updating to new versions. I have had no problems with the games mentioned above with saving. I've noticed they have caused problems in the past so please always remember to delete them before potentially making a false report.

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE remember to delete old saves and the nincfg.bin when updating to new versions. I have had no problems with the games mentioned above with saving. I've noticed they have caused problems in the past so please always remember to delete them before potentially making a false report.
Thanks for the info! Actually I always delete nincfg.bin and any other file created by Nintendont in the root of my SD card... But do I really need to delete my game save before testing a new version? Never heard of it, especially because I don't wanna lose all 53 shine sprites I've collected so far lol

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for the info! Actually I always delete nincfg.bin and any other file created by Nintendont in the root of my SD card... But do I really need to delete my game save before testing a new version? Never heard of it, especially because I don't wanna lose all 53 shine sprites I've collected so far lol

I haven't had any problems after updating nintendont and keeping my previous saves, so I guess it's kinda like "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"; but then again, I don't play that many games, so I wouldn't know if it could happen... Even so, if I ever encounter an issue with the saves, I'll back up the .raw somewhere else before deleting it, wouldn't make sense to just lose all the progress if I'm not sure that will actually help.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay