Hacking Nintendont

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
quadforce should work on the vWii...

From what i got till now from reading this forum:
Quadcore is a mios replacement and since vWii has no mios slot it would not work. Like no dios mios on vWii and the need to make nintendont for vWii.

If i'm wrong please correct me :)

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quadforce is indeed mios based. That is why you can't have dios mios and quadforce installed at the same time without the use of a virtual nand

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to have a USB that connects to a Gamecube that will work on the vWii?
if it works with HIDTest, then yes (but, not without Nintendont though).

By the way... When Nintendont is released, there will be a version available for the Wii (which will eventually replace DIOS MIOS) and just like with the vWii version on the WiiU, it will hopefully include USB controller support as well.

other than that, the future is looking bright...

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dios mios is as the name suggests, a mios. Pretty much, it has a ridiculously small amount of ram and storage to run in (<100KB I think) on the starlet arm processor. Adding more features is very dificult hence why no audio streaming or 4k hard drive support has been added. I predict that nintendont either uses the full capabilities of starlet or a portion of the main PPC processor and ram (hollywood).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dios mios is as the name suggests, a mios. Pretty much, it has a ridiculously small amount of ram and storage to run in (<100KB I think) on the starlet arm processor. Adding more features is very dificult hence why no audio streaming or 4k hard drive support has been added.

Then how is this different as far as limitations go? That's what I'm trying to find out. If it's running in vWii mode, isn't the amount of usable memory the same as a normal Wii? Audio streaming is said to be in the works for Nintendon't, I'm just trying to find out how, esp. if this is going to run on a normal Wii as well. :unsure:

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then how is this different as far as limitations go? That's what I'm trying to find out. If it's running in vWii mode, isn't the amount of usable memory the same as a normal Wii? Audio streaming is said to be in the works for Nintendon't, I'm just trying to find out how, esp. if this is going to run on a normal Wii as well. :unsure:
MIOS does not run in Wii mode. It runs in GC mode. This runs in Wii mode. Therefore it has access to all the RAM the Wii has, whereas MIOS only has access to the RAM a GC has.

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anybody know of a Usb adapter that supports the Wavebird? I own an adapter that allows the use of a Gamecube controller on a N64 and that's Wavebird compatible so I find it weird that both Mayflash Gamecube to Usb adapters, according to the Amazon.com ratings and comments, don't register button inputs when using the wireless module. Gamecube backwards compatibility is the only reason the WiiU hasn't completely replaced my Wii and wireless Gamecube games on the WiiU would be a god sent.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only USB adapter that works with the Wavebird is this one. Unfortunately, it apparently doesn't work with Crediar's HID library (which doesn't really make sense since it apparently implements the HID standard). This, or one of the adapters based on it would probably be ideal (you can order nice custom adapters with multiple ports apparently based on this board here), if they worked with Nintendont. Alternatively, the 3 in 1 Magic Joy can apparently work with the HID tester, but doesn't work with the Wavebird (or any other third party wireless GameCube controllers). Personally, I would love to get a custom adapter like the one below (from the BlissBox site mentioned previously) for use with my Wii U, but currently it doesn't look like it would work (i really hope this changes).

bliss-4pack_2.JPG

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Scrawled down the values, and here is the basic gist of what I've got for a gamecube controller:

Base HEX:

02/00/00/81/81/C1/A0/11 = Unknown/Facebuttons/Dpad/X-axis/Y-axis/C-stick X/C-stick Y/Shoulder L&R

The individual values pan out as such:

Facebuttons:

A = 01

B = 02

Y = 08

X = 04

R = 20 Shoulder: 1E

L = 10 Shoulder: E1

Z = 40

Start = 80

Dpad:

DPad Up = 08

Dpad Right = 02

Dpad Left = 01

Dpad Down = 04

X-Axis:

Neutral = 81

Y-axis:

Neutral = 81

C-stick X:

Neutral = C1

C-stick Y:

Neutral = A0

Here are my values for the 3-in-1 magic joy box.

Only the values for X- and Y-Axis of the main stick and for the shoulder buttons are different:
Facebuttons:
A = 01
B = 02
Y = 08
X = 04
Z = 40
Start = 80

Analog Triggers:
R:
Neutral: 22
Analog Steps: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D
Click: 2F (sometimes 2E)

L:
Neutral: 22
Analog Steps: 32, 42, 52, 62, 72, 82, 92, A2, B2, C2, D2
Click: F2 (sometimes E2)

Dpad:
DPad Up = 08
Dpad Right = 02
Dpad Left = 01
Dpad Down = 04

X-Axis:
Neutral = 7E

Y-axis:
Neutral = 7C

C-stick X:
Neutral = C1

C-stick Y:
Neutral = A0

TheBlackLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendoworlds.com
XP
Country
United States
Posting the results of testing crediars lastest HIDTest to confirm that all of the gamecube buttons are mapped perfectly when paired with a MagicJoyBox 3-in-1.
I held down as many buttons as I could in the image, but I can also confirm that the control sticks and c-stick are correctly mapped as well.

EDIT:
I've also uploaded a short video just showing the controller being recognized.

Attachments

• All Buttons Held.jpg
    All Buttons Held.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 391
Reactions: 2ndApex

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Between this and Devolution I am glad to still be able to play GameCUbe on my Wii U. The sole reason I still have my Wii around is to play GameCube games. You know, F-Zero and StarFox since Nintendo probably won't do any one of those for the next ten years...

Looking forward to it :)

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, everybody's been talking about GameCube controllers through the USB ports and stuff, and I was starting to wonder about something. I'd probably just use this as an alternative to DIOS MIOS on my Wii. It already has the four GameCube ports already, so wouldn't it work to just plug in a controller through one of those? (Yes, I understand all the USB discussion is for the Wii-U and newer Wii models without the GameCube ports.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +1