Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is only one GameCube game that I would only play the PAL version, Luigi’s Mansion. The PAL version is much harder than the USA and Japan version. You can’t get the S-Rank in the first play through and the Hidden Mansion is mirrored for extra difficulty.

Reactions: Stormflora

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is only one GameCube game that I would only play the PAL version, Luigi’s Mansion. The PAL version is much harder than the USA and Japan version. You can’t get the S-Rank in the first play through and the Hidden Mansion is mirrored for extra difficulty.
Interesting redesign. Never heard about that before.

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does using a single emulated "multi" memory card for multiple games work once it gets filled up and you want to use a second one for other games? Is there an option to select which games use which?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How does using a single emulated "multi" memory card for multiple games work once it gets filled up and you want to use a second one for other games? Is there an option to select which games use which?
nope if it fills up just yu eithyer take it out of your sd card or rename it to creat another, i just dont see why people use multi cards , if it corrupts you loose all saves vs loosing one save on single ones.

Reactions: ccfman2004

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most games don't need anything higher than a 59 block (512KB) memory card to begin with. There are only a handful that need a 251 block one and I'm not aware of any game that needs the 1019 block one which is not recommend to use with Nintendont anyway. The only reason to use a multi-game emulated memory card is with games that unlock bonuses when a save from another game is found.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The compatibility graph claims that Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia can be forced to run in 480p, does anyone know if that's actually true?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Skies of Arcadia does, of that I am very sure, at least the NTSC versions. I believe Symphonia NTSC does too, but I haven't tried in a looong time.

rabbitsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope if it fills up just yu eithyer take it out of your sd card or rename it to creat another, i just dont see why people use multi cards , if it corrupts you loose all saves vs loosing one save on single ones.
I figured it would be more trouble than it's worth. I just wanted to see all the saves using the bios for pure nostalgia. I use individuals of 123 blocks. 250 seems like a huge waste.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've often found it weird why the loader.dol is even uploaded. When compiling, not only does it make the loader.dol, but it renames it to boot.dol and puts it in the nintendont folder.

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I am trying to transfer a save from Dolphin to Nintendont and according to this thread and other sources it should be pretty easy -

Using Nintendont I'm creating an initial save file in SD:/saves/GLMP.raw. Then, using Dolphin's memory card manager I am creating a new GLMP.raw into which import my save in .gci format. Both are in 251 block format. Im replacing the initial .raw with my new one and according to everything I've read Nintendont should load the new one, but for some reason mine won't...
Is there something I am missing, or am doing wrong here?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys, I am trying to transfer a save from Dolphin to Nintendont and according to this thread and other sources it should be pretty easy -

Using Nintendont I'm creating an initial save file in SD:/saves/GLMP.raw. Then, using Dolphin's memory card manager I am creating a new GLMP.raw into which import my save in .gci format. Both are in 251 block format. Im replacing the initial .raw with my new one and according to everything I've read Nintendont should load the new one, but for some reason mine won't...
Is there something I am missing, or am doing wrong here?
your doing it wrong.

you dont replace your nintendont raw file for the dolphin one...

you open the nintendont raw file on gc memory card manager on dolphin and copy your dolphin save file to it. and then put it back on the sd/usb. you might have to delete the save file that is inside the nintendont raw if its the same game savefile first before copying tough.

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your doing it wrong.

you dont replace your nintendont raw file for the dolphin one...

you open the nintendont raw file on gc memory card manager on dolphin and copy your dolphin save file to it. and then put it back on the sd/usb. you might have to delete the save file that is inside the nintendont raw if its the same game savefile first before copying tough.
I think I am doing that; I may not have explained well enough.. When I open up the .raw from Nintendont I do see my data, so I delete the old and import the new .gci, with you there-- But when I go to *save, there is only a button for *create not save existing. I press that button anyway and point it to the Nintendont save folder, overwriting the previous .raw. That's all meant by replacing the .raw.

Does that sound right?

EDIT: I have noticed when I select 251 blocks from dolphin I get a 16 meg file but the one from Nintendont are always about 2. But Nintendont settings say it is also on 251 blocks...

Last edited by ichig0,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think I am doing that; I may not have explained well enough.. When I open up the .raw from Nintendont I do see my data, so I delete the old and import the new .gci, with you there-- But when I go to *save, there is only a button for *create not save existing. I press that button anyway and point it to the Nintendont save folder, overwriting the previous .raw. That's all meant by replacing the .raw.

Does that sound right?

EDIT: I have noticed when I select 251 blocks from dolphin I get a 16 meg file but the one from Nintendont are always about 2. But Nintendont settings say it is also on 251 blocks...
your not doing it right you are chaning the memory card size if its a 16 mb its not 251 blocks at all, you are messing up when saving the memory card with dolphin you should transfer the save and that is it, not alter the memory card filesize.

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your not doing it right you are chaning the memory card size if its a 16 mb its not 251 blocks at all, you are messing up when saving the memory card with dolphin you should transfer the save and that is it, not alter the memory card filesize.
Somehow the way I export it must be wrong. And I don't see an obvious button for *save to existing rather than *create; maybe my version of Dolphin is missing it?

EDIT: Now my saves are saying 2.1 MB. Don't know what I did wrong the first time, but Nintendont still doesn't load from the new save.

Last edited by ichig0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8