Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could it respond in HIDTest is the GameCube game is responsible for sending data through the cable? Is there a GBA game that can send data to the GameCube without the need for a game?
The point is every button press is being read as HID when using any controller/adapter. It's impossible to implement without making it read as standard gamecube ports (massive code change, waste of time)

Edit: I just remembered using native ports on the Wii disables bluetooth and HID controllers. Pretty sure it's impossible to implement the adapter as a new controller type just for GBA support.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formated my 4gb usb to 32k, I did everything I possible could but nintendont still just shuts off my wii whenver I launch a game with memcard emulation on. It get to ini card than system shuts off. I check my usb there is even a save folder and stuff created too. Please help =\
what are the names and exact size of the files in the usb:/saves directory?

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is every button press is being read as HID when using any controller/adapter. It's impossible to implement without making it read as standard gamecube ports (massive code change, waste of time)

I'd much rather see BBA/modem support before GBA-Link connectivity. Playing Double Dash on multiple TVs using my 2 Wiis and Wii U sounds just awesome.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just commited all my changes cause I dont like having files on my pc forever and eventually loosing all the progress made.
-reworked HID and USB drivers to fully use IOS58, thanks to all the original writers of usb.c and usbstorage.c, this version might completely changed compatibility and loading times and allow HID controllers to be used in the front ports on the wiiu
-made the HID readings use the main thread to gain stability
-added more delays between reads so the new HID and USB drivers have enough time to complete their jobs, this might lead to some audio clicks on some occasions

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just commited all my changes cause I dont like having files on my pc forever and eventually loosing all the progress made.
-reworked HID and USB drivers to fully use IOS58, thanks to all the original writers of usb.c and usbstorage.c, this version might completely changed compatibility and loading times and allow HID controllers to be used in the front ports on the wiiu
-added more delays between reads so the new HID and USB drivers have enough time to complete their jobs, this might lead to some audio clicks on some occasions
Before I even test this i'm going to ask this question because i'm worried about it

Is there any chance for it to corrupt my usb drive still? I seriously don't want to loose over 1tb worth of Wii and GameCube games

RexZShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 problem down and other new one comes up >.< so after switching usb and using a 3rd party program to format it to the correct format the games launches fine, even let me create a save file. I start the game (legend of zelda wind waker) and it freeze during the intro twice now. First in like mid intro, second just right after i enter my name it just stay black screen. I know the iso are good coz they play on my other USB just fine (just can't have memcard emulation on on that usb) So any one whats wrong now =\?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Time to retest the entire GameCube library. Any takers?

Great work FIX94. Keep it up.

Reactions: VinsCool and Xenith

RexZShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yaya stuff now working even less than before XD after the 2 crashes its just getting stuck at checking FS instead of even loading the games =\

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
can anyone else confirm ps3 hid is broken on 230?

i can use gcadapter just fine but i always get the message that my controller ini does not match my controller if i use a ps3 controller and this exact ini has worked on the past so if anyone else could confirm or deny that ps3 hid is working or not please say so.

Xenith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games work fine on my end.
Using Wii, native controller, and real memory card. On USB. rev 230.
I tested Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart DD, and Gauntlet Dark Legacy(which is now working again for some reason :D)
The loading times are literally a tiny bit slower (mostly noticed in SSBM when going back to character selection from a match and loading stage) compared to 229 but its still fast to me.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every game is working perfectly on my end. Testing HID with front ports obviously

Only one tiny sound issue so far was during the start of kirby air ride

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu