Hacking Nintendont

John Freeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scratch that, seems to be working now. Maybe it dismounted the USB drive somehow and stopped reading it.

On another note, should start combing posts too I guess, anyone try the Mayflash classic controller adapter for NGC controllers? The one that lets gamecube controllers plug into the WiiMote. Was gonna attempt to see if those worked with Nintendont.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think it could be an issue with USB? Also was not aware 64GB cards worked. Are those compatible with regular things Wii games use them for and other homebrew?

I have both Wii and GameCube games on the same FAT32 partition and I use a USB Card Reader since it's faster than the Wii U's internal SD slot.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do you get around games bigger than 4GB?
Gamecube games are not that big, but if you are planning to play wii games on that same FAT32 partition the best thing you can use is Wii Backup manager to copy you wii games to the partition, it wil do the splitting for you automatically..

And yeah, if you rip your own game, the ripper also automatically does that..

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
He was asking about shrinking GameCube ISOs. WBFS is not compression, it just removes the garbage data in the ISO leaving just the game data.

What I find annoying is how people expect help when all they say is game X doesn't work but don't give us any information about their setup, what Nintendont revision they are using, what controller, if using a loader, what settings in Nintendont, Wii/Wii U and region, region of ISO, is ISO 1:1 or shrunk. Without this information, not even the devs can help. I don't mean to sound rude, but without all the details it's impossible to help.
In that case I agree, Gamecube games are best left uncompressed for better compatibility, I just switched my Super Smash Bros Melee iso with a clean one and the random long loading times are gone now!

John Freeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube games are not that big, but if you are planning to play wii games om that same FAT32 partition the best thing you can use is Wii Backup manager to copy you wii games to the partition, it wil do the splitting for you automatically..

And yeah, if you rip your own game, the ripper also automatically does that..
Was not aware of that feature. Cool, I'll just reformat the drive as FAT32 then, saving me some headache. 4K cluster size recommended?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube games are not that big, but if you are planning to play wii games om that same FAT32 partition the best thing you can use is Wii Backup manager to copy you wii games to the partition, it wil do the splitting for you automatically..

Unless you are not using Windows in which case you can use Witgui.
Was not aware of that feature. Cool, I'll just reformat the drive as FAT32 then, saving me some headache. 4K cluster size recommended?
32K is recommended.

Reactions: Etheboss

RexZShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formated my 4gb usb to 32k, I did everything I possible could but nintendont still just shuts off my wii whenver I launch a game with memcard emulation on. It get to ini card than system shuts off. I check my usb there is even a save folder and stuff created too. Please help =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @K3Nv2 do you have gold hen ps4?